View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Who Did I see In My Vision? What Did It Mean? 

Hello. It's been a long time since I participated in this board. I hope I see some familiar users. I lost my ways during my struggles, but for the past few days I've been feeling this calling and security, just out of the blue during one of my darkest days. I decided to meditate on my pain, and maybe 30 minutes into the meditation I received a vision. I can only call it a vision, I've been given many hints during meditations, but this time it was clear as day, the first time I ever experienced it. I 'felt' it was Heimdall, but I can't be sure. He wore a helmet, had a strong facial structure and thick brown beard. He was radiating and seemed to be levitating, although I could only see his face clearly. He levitated towards me with a great power in his eyes and it encouraged me to continue the path I once left and restore my honor. I have been at an all-time low, strongly contemplating suicide. I have been extremely weak so this helped. Thank you, whoever you were.

I don't feel I am left with a clear answer, but it gave me strength. It greatly reduced my suicidal thinking and I don't feel my soul is so empty any more. I will continue my spiritual journey that I had abandoned all hope for (I feel like an animal). I have been meditating and thinking all day, so writing is a bit tiresome. I would love to hear your opinions. I am going to do a personal blot soon, in homage to Heimdall and Odin in particular. But was it Heimdall? Thanks for all responses. Love to my brothers Tyrsman and Norse Storm, I hope you are well.

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:43 pm

Galskap wrote:
Hello. It's been a long time since I participated in this board. I hope I see some familiar users. I lost my ways during my struggles, but for the past few days I've been feeling this calling and security, just out of the blue during one of my darkest days. I decided to meditate on my pain, and maybe 30 minutes into the meditation I received a vision. I can only call it a vision, I've been given many hints during meditations, but this time it was clear as day, the first time I ever experienced it. I 'felt' it was Heimdall, but I can't be sure. He wore a helmet, had a strong facial structure and thick brown beard. He was radiating and seemed to be levitating, although I could only see his face clearly. He levitated towards me with a great power in his eyes and it encouraged me to continue the path I once left and restore my honor. I have been at an all-time low, strongly contemplating suicide. I have been extremely weak so this helped. Thank you, whoever you were.

I don't feel I am left with a clear answer, but it gave me strength. It greatly reduced my suicidal thinking and I don't feel my soul is so empty any more. I will continue my spiritual journey that I had abandoned all hope for (I feel like an animal). I have been meditating and thinking all day, so writing is a bit tiresome. I would love to hear your opinions. I am going to do a personal blot soon, in homage to Heimdall and Odin in particular. But was it Heimdall? Thanks for all responses. Love to my brothers Tyrsman and Norse Storm, I hope you are well.

By that description alone, I couldn't say who it might be, but I really believe it is best to trust that first instinct/intuition.
Perhaps you could try focusing on the person from your vision in another meditation, try to reach out, maybe without using a name. Just trying to connect with the energy you felt from this being. Then try to become better acquainted.
Sorry if this isn't very helpful. I hope you will continue to find strength and balance in your life. I went down that road in my childhood. It can be a very difficult thing to endure, when everything seems too much and like it will never get better. But when you just keep fighting things will get better. Life is full of ups and downs, and surely there must be something worth living for.

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:57 pm

Galskap,
I don't know who it was, but the description is similar to how Heimdall came to me in a dream. He was on a motorcycle. I seem to recall him wearing a helmet. He was shining bright. He wasn't levitating, but the way he rode up to me on the motorcycle and then back off was from the sky down and back up there was no road. In my dream, he wore his name on a leather vest for me.
He has sent rainbows as an omen before. I was talking to him one day and then later on there was a large rainbow in the sky and a little one on the road right next to me. It warmed me up.
As for the despair, I can't presume to know or understand you or your situation. I can tell you that I have had my own dealings with dark emotions that led me through a drug addiction at one time. I used to not want to be alive. I thought that feeling would only end with my death. It has been 5 years since I felt like that. I have spent the past 5 years trying to make a better life for myself and enjoying the journey. One day at a time.

These things have helped me:
Visualization, mindfulness, meditation (yoga if you cant sit still), 9 noble virtues.

A saga that I find very motivating is the Story of the Volsungs or VOLSUNGA SAGA. Here is a hazy summary: Man loses everything and hides in the woods and lives like a wolf....quiet and on the outskirts, planning and plotting, alone...until one day, all his time underground came to a culmination of him being the MAN!
Persistence is powerful, Galskap.

I am a very persistent man. I think this is why I was able to pull myself out of that black hole. People used to ask me, "How many times are you going to beat your head against the wall before you realize it hurts?" I finally figured out what hurt and used that same persistence so now people say, "I gotta give it to you...no matter what setbacks and failures, you always keep trying. "
Just never quit. Face your future with boldness! Fortune follows the brave!

Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:48 am

I am sorry to hear that you have felt lost Galskap, also that you have been to the point of considering suicide. That you found yourself at your lowest but did give into despair is a mark of courage to face the possibility of things getting worse.

I see many people who allow themselves to be defined by their situations. They cling to the events of their lives in order to excuse their actions. As Odinists, it is our reaction to the events of our lives that we hold dear. Even those times in which we acted in less than exemplary manner. What matters to us is that we do not allow events to define us but rather we view the events as opportunities for us to show who we are.

Urd, Verdandi, and Skuld.
Past, Present, and Future.
That which we cannot change, the choices we must make today because of our past, and the future those choices will open for us and allow the cycle to begin anew. Today is the day that we can take control of the cycle.

As for your vision, I would urge you to trust your instinct. If your gut tells you it was Heimdall then it most likely was. When they communicate with us through our dreams there are times when the Elder Kin are cryptic. These are instances that they urge us to investigate, to take a closer look at things. Other times, they provide clarity. We will often overlook a concise message because we second guess ourselves.

Welcome back, may the strength you have found continue to grow for being back among friends.

I am strong because I have been weak.
I am fearless because I have been afraid.
I am wise because I have been foolish.

Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:42 am

Galskap, it is good to see you back and to know that you have a great inner strength and with that, wisdom from your journey.

I agree with Tyrsman, if Heimdall came to you he has something to share. He has been watching you and, perhaps without your knowledge, guiding you through your dark times. Now he feels you are ready to hear what he has to say.

Stay strong and know the gods are watching. Stormr

Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:05 am

A lot has happened since I wrote my original post. I've tattooed a Valknut on my neck, and am having "URUZ" tattooed on my throat soon. Odin is with me I can feel it. I know now why Heimdall came to me. Over the past few weeks my knowledge and understanding of Odin, Heimdall and Tyr has greatly deepened. I feel I should not share this knowledge. But I no longer fear death, pain or weakness. I am ready. I hope one day I will become a Godi of Odin, otherwise I hope Einar Selvik will have a role to play in Norway in removing Christianity and asserting Odinism. I am sure you can all feel it. We are being called upon, not to preach, but to remember the world of our roots. Our true roots. I will travel to Iceland soon and speak with the Godi there as I have spoken with him briefly before. I will die for Odin, but not in vain. I will continue to strive and work, fight, fail or win, but in the end, I will have contributed to a great rise of Odinism in Norway. I am writing this on an impulse, I have received a lot of energy from Odin and Heimdall lately. Tyr is not answering me as much, I am trying to get bloodied in single combat but no opponent will face me even if I taunt them, and I could never hurt a helpless coward.

Sorry if this appears senseless, I am just feeling the call in such a deep way I have never felt before. I used to be an uncontrolled frenzied nerve-wreck. Now I am more in control, assertive and.. well I was about to write safe, but that just doesn't fit. Safety doesn't concern me. I also realized I have had a bad relationship with Tor, but I think we are going the right direction. I hold Sif in high regard and have thought of her deeply. She reminds me a lot of my loved one. They look and feel the same. I cannot explain in ways one would normally understand. But I am now strong - or at least stronger.

Quote:
I hope one day I will become a Godi of Odin, otherwise I hope Einar Selvik will have a role to play in Norway in removing Christianity and asserting Odinism.

When I say Odinism, I must say I do not mean this in a racial context in any way, and I strongly oppose a organization in my country who uses the Tiwaz rune for racist purposes. I grew up without a father, but I realize now this is because I have Odin. I feel an urge to apologize if I'm inconsistent. My connection with the gods has become very strong lately, but I must say one of my greatest urges is to hurt someone badly, and to get hurt. Maybe this is my personal psychological problems, or maybe it's something else. I do not know. But everything I have done lately relates to justice in some way. I am in the process of removing unworthy individuals from the seat of their power. Where I previously would bow I now demand respect. Somehow this may all sound completely insane, but for me it actually makes perfectly sense. I am telling you all, this year will be a year to remember. I am from Norway as I've mentioned before, so I need not preach but merely remember my kinsmen of their roots. But I will not talk to anyone about it if I do not consider them worthy. I feel myself as an arbitrator, all of a sudden. Even so, I am careful to not let my ego grow too big, or to take too much. I must remember to be humble, but also to show force when necessary. I swear to you all, and in the presence of Odin and Tyr, I will not refuse an offer of combat, whatever the consequences. I want to die bloody, that would be the only way.

I urge you all to visit Iceland and talk to the Godi there - in your own time. Evaluate him, but respect and listen to him at the same time. If you go there, you will have the intuition to acknowledge his position, or reject it. Whatever you do, it's time to step out of the shade and into the sun. I do not speak for the Odin Brotherhood. I feel I am conveying this message through another power. All of you who are true, my brothers.. Meditate on this, do what you do and find your way. There is a call to action, and whether or not this is personal to me, or to the true followers of Odin I am not sure. I am barely thinking as I write this. I am ready.

This is the time for you to get your Valknut, if you haven't yet. Personally I wouldn't approve of having it in a location which is not readily visible unless it has a deeper place, such as with the heart, the lower spine, the neck, the throat, or even your temple. But then again, who am I to say anything. I still feel revenge in my heart, deeply. As my journey in this life continues, I will look for worthy individuals and do what I will do. I am tired and will go to bed now. I usually only return to this board if I have had a calling or an impulse, but I might return earlier. I do not know. Madness and Understanding appear as synonyms to me now.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:33 pm

That happened to be my 44th post, the number of the cycles, seasons, death and rebirth and a number of great meaning to me (4). I wonder how the months will progress. I will stay in touch.

Edit: I also just realized I registered 5:08 AM (5+8=13 1+3=4) on a Wednesday, on the 29th April (4th Month) in 2015, representing change and the day representing a beginning. Am I mad, or is anything I'm saying actually making sense?

Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:34 pm

Galskap wrote:
Madness and Understanding appear as synonyms

I feel that there is great truth in this. Understanding can come from a variety of methods but once you achieve it you exist outside the bounds of those who are oblivious. Since they are the majority, you run the risk of them labeling you out of their ignorance once they realize you do not view things from their perspective.

As for you not receiving much in the way of communication from Tyr, in my experience that is typical. Although not as silent as Vidar, Tyr prefers to let actions speak for themselves and sees no need to state the obvious. Either you know what he expects of you or you do not.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:25 am

It's good that you say that. I have an ensuing conflict where I will in all probability be greatly outmanned, possibly stabbed but I intend to fight with all my heart's pride and I have a feeling Tyr is waiting to see how I will fare in that battle.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:32 pm

It's clear the gods wanted to give you strength in these difficult times and it worked. Good to hear that!

Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:49 pm

I just joined a few weeks back. How did the conflict play out?

Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]