View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Truth revealed 

This is a waking dream I had 3days ago both lived and imagined! Winter is pulling his cloak tighter and my dogs were becoming anxious, two went into the forest as they often do to chase the boar and deer. I cared not as they always returned tired and dirty as is the way with dogs and children allowed to roam. But many hrs later returned they had not, and howls and yapping I could hear across the valley! Distress I knew this to be and myself and my third dog a fearce and determined terrier always by my side set out to find the lost dogs. The experience both real and unreal, shadows looked wrong and moved contrary to normal. So I knew this to be view of other! I have had many in my life but since coming here, they are more 'normal' I took with me my axe and torch. Some hours we searched with the yowels becoming louder and more frenzied as darkness closed. Steep and wooded terrain we walked until we came across a deep hollow. Within the two dogs held at bay a boar of considerable size. I looked the boar in the eye and knew him, within myself. fight always give no ground being not high born or of noble stock but spirit unbreakable. I called the dogs to me and came they did without complaint. I turned and came home I now know the truth of all my choices.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:34 pm

Thanks for the read.

Are you a vegetarian now?

Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:18 pm

Of course not. Why would I be?

Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:27 pm

What was the truth that you found?

When reading your text, with your hunting dogs and axe in mind, I got an appetite for boar and was hoping to read how you made a feast out of it.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:43 pm

Grimnir wrote:
What was the truth that you found?

When reading your text, with your hunting dogs and axe in mind, I got an appetite for boar and was hoping to read how you made a feast out of it.

Someone once told me, "Trust no creed that hates dogs and won't eat boar."

Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:08 am

I hunt only with bow and spear. This causes some conflict with local hunt. Depending on size I prepare and distribute meat to friends. I enjoy pit roasted and pot casseroles, also Kebabs with wild mushrooms peppers. a friend makes sausage for me. Tusks are kept for ornamentation, I use the long bones for walking stick handles. The dogs ensure no waste. I take only two a year as this is my need.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:18 am
Site Admin

All strong and fierce societies eat meat.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]