View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Require dream interpretation 

In the first part of the dream, I'm at some kind of party- this section of the dream doesn't really matter.

It's when I leave the party that does. My dream instantly jumps to me running around very dark streets- lost- trying to find my way to my friend's house. Im walking down an alley, quite alert, and a lightning bolt appears in the sky. After this, I manage to find my way to something I recognise as a civil servant building, which is on a fenced hill overlooking my destination (this is not at all geographically similar to real life). I crouch under a bush somehow, to tie my shoelace, and a man in a high-visibility jacket (a groundsman? A watchman) comes up to me and says that he's going to get the others, and that they're going to "(can't recall the word- perhaps it was "take" or "burn") the bar, the stadium, and the leader(s)" because "they only work in threes". He then drove off on a motorcycle.

The night prior I had asked Bragi to ensure a message gets through to the Gods, specifically to Odin (regarding me always seeking knowledge, and may I finds what I want to or was meant to), Thor for strength, and Tyr to keep me on the honourable and just path. I have a few theories, but am unable to flesh them out. I would not consider this a possible divine interaction if I had not been speaking to the gods before I slept and there was not the Lightning in the sky.

Does anyone have any interpretations?

Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:12 am

Locke wrote:
In the first part of the dream, I'm at some kind of party- this section of the dream doesn't really matter.
Do not be so quick to dismiss a portion of a dream. Often what may seem like trivial detail may hold a vital clue. This particular detail occurred at the beginning of your dream. This may provide insight into the starting point for whatever journey this dream may represent. Was this party at a familiar place or with real life friends and family? Was it someplace from your past that has no current bearing on your current life? Are the people at the party in your life in any way? For what reason do you leave the party? Boredom, another appointment, a feeling of being needed elsewhere...any of these reasons may unlock the secret of the rest of the dream.

Locke wrote:
something I recognise as a civil servant building, which is on a fenced hill overlooking my destination (this is not at all geographically similar to real life).
This would seem to represent a higher authority, one that is difficult to access.

Locke wrote:
a man in a high-visibility jacket (a groundsman? A watchman) comes up to me and says that he's going to get the others, and that they're going to "(can't recall the word- perhaps it was "take" or "burn") the bar, the stadium, and the leader(s)" because "they only work in threes". He then drove off on a motorcycle.
An authority figure, but one who is often invisible despite being in plain sight (how often do you see this type of individual and pay absolutely no attention to them? Or do they represent something different to you? Was his manner and attitude threatening, informative, or perhaps his comments were just thoughts spoken out loud. The tone of this message could be quite important to the overall meaning of the dream.

"the bar, the stadium and the leader(s)"...interesting, what connotations and connections do those concepts hold for you?

Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:26 am

The party was at a building very similar to a beer garden I visited in Kraków. For the main part, I was talking to someone I work with- I cannot recall what was said- but family were also there. I dont remember leaving, more just suddenly being on dark streets.

I felt scared in his presence, but also curious as to his meaning and role: now I dwell on the matter I am more convinced that he was a watchman. I am also unable to recall his face. I have absolutely no idea as to what he meant, and have pondered his meaning all day, as well as him saying about how they work in threes. Does the number three hold any meaning?

Thank you Tyrsman, your insight has been invaluable, as always

Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:40 pm

It might also be worth remembering that Heimdall is a watchman and that a high visibility jacket would be fitting for the brightest of the Gods.

Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:47 pm

Tyrsman wrote:
It might also be worth remembering that Heimdall is a watchman and that a high visibility jacket would be fitting for the brightest of the Gods.

Thank you again- I have never had any interactions with Heimdall prior to this.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:34 am

Quote:

Quote:
The party was at a building very similar to a beer garden I visited in Kraków. For the main part, I was talking to someone I work with- I cannot recall what was said- but family were also there. I don't remember leaving, more just suddenly being on dark streets.

A dream interrupted is a very strong sign of a vision being directed to and for you. Your dream placed you in the comfort of friends and family. The sudden transition to the vision of the darkness of the streets placed you in a state of heightened awareness. An ideal state of mind if our gods wished to convey something important to you. The Dark streets signify paths that could be chosen, all of them difficult to discern or traverse.
Quote:
It's when I leave the party that does. My dream instantly jumps to me running around very dark streets- lost- trying to find my way to my friend's house. Im walking down an alley, quite alert, and a lightning bolt appears in the sky. After this, I manage to find my way to something I recognize as a civil servant building, which is on a fenced hill overlooking my destination (this is not at all geographically similar to real life). I crouch under a bush somehow, to tie my shoelace, and a man in a high-visibility jacket (a groundsman? A watchman) comes up to me and says that he's going to get the others,

Quote:
I felt scared in his presence, but also curious as to his meaning and role: now I dwell on the matter I am more convinced that he was a watchman. I am also unable to recall his face.

The lightning was your guide. The reassurance that your choice to act and try to find your way was not in vain. It is interesting that you chose to walk an alley. It signifies that the safest Easiest paths were not your first choice. It almost seems that this vision might have been a trial of courage of some sort.
Heimdall it seems has been busy. I have heard more and more about our guardian and watcher in recent years. I am concerned that his activity is in helping us prepare for some great challenge we all will face. "He is going to get the others." A good warrior never heads to battle alone. This may be the most important part of your vision. Gather your allies, keep them close. Know your weaknesses and choose those warriors around you who have strengths in the areas you know you struggle with. Cover them and they will cover you. Start your focus with three, Yourself and your two chosen allies. Strength in all forms comes from building a strong foundation.

Quote:
... and that they're going to "(can't recall the word- perhaps it was "take" or "burn") the bar, the stadium, and the leader(s)" because "they only work in threes". He then drove off on a motorcycle.

Quote:
I have absolutely no idea as to what he meant, and have pondered his meaning all day, as well as him saying about how they work in threes. Does the number three hold any meaning?

Places of gathering and people of influence. Become active in your community. Identify true leaders, know who people look to in times of crisis. A motorcycle, the modern steed, signifies a sense of urgency. and yes.. the number three holds great importance in not just our heritage and our wisdom but in nature as well. I need not go into that importance here. Do a search if you are in need of proof. The number three is quite important and prevalent in all our stories.
Quote:
The night prior I had asked Bragi to ensure a message gets through to the Gods, specifically to Odin (regarding me always seeking knowledge, and may I finds what I want to or was meant to), Thor for strength, and Tyr to keep me on the honourable and just path. I have a few theories, but am unable to flesh them out. I would not consider this a possible divine interaction if I had not been speaking to the gods before I slept and there was not the Lightning in the sky.

Does anyone have any interpretations?

Your Vision speaks volumes to me and I Appreciate you sharing it here.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:34 am

Quote:
Places of gathering and people of influence. Become active in your community. Identify true leaders, know who people look to in times of crisis. A motorcycle, the modern steed, signifies a sense of urgency. and yes.. the number three holds great importance in not just our heritage and our wisdom but in nature as well. I need not go into that importance here. Do a search if you are in need of proof. The number three is quite important and prevalent in all our stories.

I have read now and seen the importance of this number. How would you suggest getting involved in the community?

You mention that it seemed to be a trial of courage. What would this be for?

I plan to outline all my thoughts in detail later when I have more time, but wish to thank you both for sharing your wisdom.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:46 pm

One sentence came to me strongly as I read your post:

You should speak to the Gods directly instead of using Bragi as a mediator. The only time I ask for introduction is if the God I hope to speak to is less-than-friendly regarding humans or the unquiet dead of humans.

Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:10 am

I spoke to the gods directly the night before last. I did get a closer feel this time.

Has anyone here recently recieved visions from Heimdallr? I will answer his summons to the best of my ability.

Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:04 pm

Quote:
I have read now and seen the importance of this number. How would you suggest getting involved in the community?

You mention that it seemed to be a trial of courage. What would this be for?

I plan to outline all my thoughts in detail later when I have more time, but wish to thank you both for sharing your wisdom.

I know "get involved in your community" sounds like a call to do charity work. While this is an honorable goal in most cases, getting to know your community and who the people around you are can come in many forms.

Your skill-set is something our gods know is valuable. Start there, Share your expertise, offer to teach a class, or simply have a beer with a neighbor you barely know. Be wary of failing but don't let the fear of it paralyze you from action.

The trial is often a sign that our gods want to trust you, they don't want worshipers, they want equals. They demand our respect but also want to surround themselves with others they can respect.

I look forward to your thoughts. I will consult with and share a blot with Heimdall. Perhaps he will visit my fire.

Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:44 am

One really small request, as trivial to some as it may be, if it would be possible to just post in the default type and colour, it would be appreciated.

Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:24 pm

I have found the time now to express my views on the matter.

I find the watchmen to undoubtedly be Heimdall. The fact that he was on a hill overlooking houses (possibly Midgard) and stationed infront of a building of authority (Asgard?) removes the doubt about his identity. The alley, with its walls, may signify that the oath I have set off on is now fixed- I can only go forwards or backwards, and I chose to go forwards.

The Lightning was Thor guiding me- I have stated before on this forum how I feel closest to Thor, as it is usually he who interacts with me the most. As for the "only work in threes", I feel this may be a sarcastic remark from good Ol" Heimdallr, as I tend to speak to 3 gods more than any others: Thor, Odin and Tyr (though Tyr has yet to reply). Perhaps this is a message that I should speak to all the Aesir and Vanir.

"Taking" the places of gathering could refer to a new age for the Odinist movement, where can exist openly and take over these places from the hands of the followers of the Christ God.

I have began to probe certain people nearby me to see how receptive they are to the ideas of the brotherhood, without giving too much away. I see how they respond to valuing strength over submission, how willing they would be to break away from the sheep mentality, etc.

However, all this is only speculation. I'd appreciate the views of the forum, as all men here should.

Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:06 am

The dreamer's interpretation is usually the most accurate one and yours sounds very solid.

Locke wrote:
Tyr has yet to reply
For what it is worth, I find Tyr does tend to be rather silent. I believe it is because he knows that I am aware of his expectations. I also seem to sense his approval or disapproval.

Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:17 am

Locke wrote:
I spoke to the gods directly the night before last. I did get a closer feel this time.

Has anyone here recently recieved visions from Heimdallr? I will answer his summons to the best of my ability.

I cannot lie and say "no"- but I don't think it will be very helpful.

My vision was that He said He would have been the patron of my uncle if he didn't choose to abandon the Old Religion....and could still be if he decided to return.

I don't know how that could possibly be helpful :-/ Then again, if it is helpful to you, I would be very interested in hearing how.

Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]