View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
A Request from my Spouse for Interpretation 

We were married in an Odinist ceremony- and the Gods have been quiet to my beloved for many months.

He is part Celtic- I feared he would leave Odinism all together for the other Gods of his ancestry.

He asked me today: "Can you ask your friends- what does it mean when Odin appears wearing the antlers of a stag?"

I asked him what Odin said to him, and he replied "That it was wise to leave the people we associated with in our former kindred, and to associate with even less- and that His [Odin's] words could not be heard over their ignorance." as well as talking deeply and at depth about wisdom and the importance of seeking of it.

He described Him as wearing a blue robe/cloak- like the way my parents showed Him to me as a child as "Father Winter"- long of beard and one eyed with his wolves and ravens in attendance to his conversation.

To me, I hope this means my husband is returning- or finding balance between the Celtic and the Odinist blood in his veins.

I do not know for certain. I've seen the occasional painting of Odin/Woten with stag horns...and I told him as much.

In all honesty, though- the stag horns perplex me as well as to their significance.

Thank you for your insights.

Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:08 am

Tyrienne wrote:
I do not know for certain. I've seen the occasional painting of Odin/Woten with stag horns...and I told him as much.

In all honesty, though- the stag horns perplex me as well as to their significance.

Thank you for your insights.

The depiction of an individual with stag antlers, or their incorporation into ceremonial headress, is an ancient method of representing/invoking divinity and fertility.

Remember that Odin/Wodin/Wotan is the leader of the wild hunt. Two manifestations of Odin to investigate are Herne and Santa Claus (you are already part way there with Father Winter).

If Odin were to appear to me in this manner I would take it as an indication that a more primal approach was necessary, or that I should seek much older wisdom.

Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:46 am

He is comfortable with the Jotunr- but I have difficulty with "time" as who is older since the greatest beings themselves rewrite time by the force of their existence and presence. (I had a paper published on Speculative Physics on Time during college....it was my first true success)

I logically know solid archaelogical evidence of Tyr-worship predates Woten. But I do not feel those other than Tyr-called should put more emphasis on Him than the other Gods.

What is "older"? Woten can see the loop mobius strip of our reality from His eye in the well- Even Ymir could not do that.

Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:13 am

By "older" I believe I meant a little further back than the Odin of the Viking Age, back to the time of pre-Celtic language during the Iron Age.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:01 am

Tyrsman wrote:
By "older" I believe I meant a little further back than the Odin of the Viking Age, back to the time of pre-Celtic language during the Iron Age.

Do you mean like "Woden of the Wild Hunt"? The hunt seems to be the tie between the two cultures. Since his first dream, random images of Odin wearing stag horns have appeared. Remarkable.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:19 am

Tyrienne wrote:
Do you mean like "Woden of the Wild Hunt"? The hunt seems to be the tie between the two cultures. Since his first dream, random images of Odin wearing stag horns have appeared. Remarkable.
Exactly! Perhaps your husband is being directed toward the origin of our peoples, to an era before the divergence of the groups.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]