View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
A command to post a dream by Tyr, before the dream occurred. 

There is something about this blood-moon eclipse perhaps, but I had vivid visions of Tyr, and for the very first time Zisa (she was not what I expected, a sweet, heart shaped face and long, straight copper colored hair braided away from the face and loose in the back- They both indicated that since they were married "as one" I could call on either or both of Them- She smiles easily and beautifully.)

Tyr asked me to record a dream he would send to me, and to publish it. I expected the typical "Odinist walks with a God and learns wisdom" Instead, I had a vividly detailed dream of a global pandemic and where I was called to be a chaplain to a man who once a Sufi and was so vile he was kicked out of his faith and I was given training by someone of a position of Greatness in a faith of nothing but those who crave simplicity and to merge with "all-that-is"- the fabric of life we call Wyrd, they call their God.

Something I very rarely disclose is I spent 4 years training in Sufism- I felt like a foreign exchange student those years- but I can see the connection between their cosmology and our own...and had to find a way to "balance" both faiths as a test inside my heart and mind. I learned the Sufi loses identity, and the Odinist is meant to resist the urge to abandon all pain and suffering and stand in Ginnungagap, where we see "void" they see an inviting ocean made of shimmering gold- and not "dissolve" by using our force-of-will. That is my personal interpretation, and as always, I am always willing to read your perspectives and gain greater understanding.

Here is that dream. I published it on my blog- and my blog uses the same Alias as this forum:

https://hailloki.wordpress.com/2015/09/ ... night-tyr/

Tyr never fails to amaze me at His consistency in providing me enough information about history that I can search resources and find actual, factual proof to back up what he teaches me. I cannot NOT believe in Tyr- He's proven He exists as a strong, intelligent, force in my life who cares about me- and also shows me who else is "His"....which are truly not many.

No Tyrsvolk ever run from a challenge given that is honorable. I shamed a false Tyrswoman yesterday in public who refused to face my husband over accusations she made behind his back- but runs and cowers from any place we might attend to face us. I laughed at her and said her own words condemned her as a liar...no one of Tyr runs from confrontation, and if she believed these alligations against my spouse to be true- then why does she run from us instead of calling him out as Oathbreaker?

She replied: "I have better things to do than have anything to do with you."

I replied: "Enjoy staying home often, then... you are no Odinist, since you cannot even name a single lie you claim I tell, nor tell my husband why you continue to spread gossip".

I pulled Runes- got Gar, felt satisfied. No doubt the person I called upon from a public organization "to serve as Mediator since they are too honorless to face us" will feel contrite and upset, but I see him in a week, and I will explain that I will no longer accept false slander against me by any accuser who will not say the words they say to others....directly to me and seek an end to conflict. Finding solutions to conflict within the community is part of his role as well. In the Meantime, I've Nithed them and called them out as "Not children of Our Gods, Faith, or Blood" and basically as "Christians playing dress-up" unless they seek honest discussion with mediation since they have proven themselves cowards

Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:50 am

This one bows to you, most high of tyr, an injury more severe than odin. Perhaps your dream mean something. Mire than mine. This the time of dreams. So much so that I fear sleep the most. Only so much was disclosed to me that much and also tears. You have earned only one eye but also two more ears, so considering I shall also ask you tell me your plot also in the sight of all who would consider us holy men. So much was said, so much is earned.

Sun May 22, 2016 6:50 pm

Baleyg wrote:
This one bows to you, most high of tyr, an injury more severe than odin. Perhaps your dream mean something. Mire than mine. This the time of dreams. So much so that I fear sleep the most. Only so much was disclosed to me that much and also tears. You have earned only one eye but also two more ears, so considering I shall also ask you tell me your plot also in the sight of all who would consider us holy men. So much was said, so much is earned.

I believe I am on disability so I can devout my time fully to this pathway. Western culture makes it impossible live fully Odinist without sacrifice- with my health, I needed to sacrifice my income- but in exchange, I am able to volunteer as a legal chaplain.

Tyr lost his sword hand and still lives as a God. Without being disabled with PTSD, I would not be able to continue my work for the Gods to the same capacity.

Sun May 22, 2016 11:12 pm

It is true sacrifice breeds rebirth. I lost my eye only a year ago, but in a way I feel my entire life had prepared for the moment.

Do not fear the slander of others.

Your family was right to claim as you share your beliefs, it might fade. But I would say the truth never loses it's strength and only time may tell the difference.

Consider this - your dream has taught you compassion for those who you do not care for. Therein lies strength, not letting the hooks and claws of others dig in you. Can you see this lesson?

Wed May 25, 2016 1:14 pm

Baleyg wrote:
It is true sacrifice breeds rebirth. I lost my eye only a year ago, but in a way I feel my entire life had prepared for the moment.

Do not fear the slander of others.

Your family was right to claim as you share your beliefs, it might fade. But I would say the truth never loses it's strength and only time may tell the difference.

Consider this - your dream has taught you compassion for those who you do not care for. Therein lies strength, not letting the hooks and claws of others dig in you. Can you see this lesson?

I can, thank you.

Thu May 26, 2016 5:05 pm

Tyrienne wrote:
Baleyg wrote:

I believe I am on disability so I can devout my time fully to this pathway. Western culture makes it impossible live fully Odinist without sacrifice- with my health, I needed to sacrifice my income- but in exchange, I am able to volunteer as a legal chaplain.

Tyr lost his sword hand and still lives as a God. Without being disabled with PTSD, I would not be able to continue my work for the Gods to the same capacity.

I wish I had the time to give this the discussion it deserves but the result would require a book. In regards to your PTSD being an avenue to your work here is something to think about though:

Back in the day when combat was a more close and personal affair than it tends to be today, swords and axes were the primary tools of the trade, resulting in pretty messy wounds. When you have a group of guys swinging heavy bladed weapons around it is not at all uncommon for hands and arms to become severed. Although not necessarily a death blow, a man who suddenly found himself with only one hand had to act decisively if he wanted to see the next sunrise. One technique was to direct the resulting arterial blood spray into the eyes of your opponent to blind him long enough to gain an advantage. There are two kennings for this - Tyr's fountain is a vivid description that anybody who has witnessed bleeding from a major artery can relate to. The other is Tyr's gift which I think is an incredibly accurate concept for any traumatic event incurred in combat, or any other field where Tyr presides, that the recipient turns to his or her advantage, especially if it benefits others.

Last edited by Tyrsman on Sat May 28, 2016 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 27, 2016 7:41 pm

To witness such a thing.

Where do you learn these things, thought burned by time and Abraham?

Sat May 28, 2016 11:15 am

Baleyg wrote:
To witness such a thing.

Where do you learn these things, thought burned by time and Abraham?

Many miles traveled over many years coupled with both observation and contemplation.

Sat May 28, 2016 1:38 pm

I have longed to be a part of the world I was so far cast away from. Only my first three years spent in the presence of the earth my father's fathers lay buried. Here I sleep on the distant mound of the conquered, slain by the many ******* sons of my father's fathers Abrahamic ambitions. I am only the ******* prince of many *********, taught to believe I should submit. I am proud that all my life I have favored skepticism and subversion. It has been a boon to this ******* prince, though I long to make real my beliefs and all that I have imagined of the world.

Sun May 29, 2016 1:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]