View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Battlefield Visit 

I don't know how mystical this is, definitely very coincidental. It was interesting to me at least.
My 3rd great grandfather Pvt RB Ledbetter of the 40th Alabama CSA Infantry and his 3 brothers were in the battle of Lookout Mountain, TN. The family story goes that back in those days you could hear sound travel much further because the South was a lot more quiet. Supposedly my 4th great grandfather could hear the cannon fire all the way in West Alabama and was looking up at the sky wringing his hands saying, "My boys are dying!" ... well 3 of his sons died in that battle and only my GGG Grandaddy made it home (from that family branch).
So I have been working out of town in Nashville and on my way home to Georgia this morning I was passing by Lookout Mountain before sunrise and it was pouring down rain but I felt like I would drive up there and see if there was a place I could stop at and say a morning prayer to the Gods and honour my ancestors who were there. National Parks are closed when it is dark out so I didn't figure Id be able to go onto the battlefield...I drove up outside the gate and parked and some men in Confederate uniforms were walking out to their cars. They had spent the night doing a living history demonstration. I happened to know one of them from when I used to shoot cannons with him at another park. He let me in before the park opened, false locked the gate, and told me to sneak back out before the rangers got there.... and I walked the park with no one else in it as the sun came up and got to say my morning prayer and honour my ancestors on the battlefield.
I just thought it was really cool. that I was out of state, had that feeling that I should go there...and run into an acquaintance who was also out of state who was able to let me in afterhours to do what I didn't think I was going to be able to do.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:57 pm

Very mystical indeed. These situations
are known as a "synchronicity" As a
mystic I can tell you, that you were
called to that Mountain for the Higher
purpose of which you described. All
those things that happened to you
were significant and special.

Hail to you and the Gods!

Bucky

Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:37 pm

Synchronicity...I needed to read that word again. It is a good word.

Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:59 pm

dainc87 wrote:
I don't know how mystical this is, definitely very coincidental. It was interesting to me at least.
My 3rd great grandfather Pvt RB Ledbetter of the 40th Alabama CSA Infantry and his 3 brothers were in the battle of Lookout Mountain, TN. The family story goes that back in those days you could hear sound travel much further because the South was a lot more quiet. Supposedly my 4th great grandfather could hear the cannon fire all the way in West Alabama and was looking up at the sky wringing his hands saying, "My boys are dying!" ... well 3 of his sons died in that battle and only my GGG Grandaddy made it home (from that family branch).
So I have been working out of town in Nashville and on my way home to Georgia this morning I was passing by Lookout Mountain before sunrise and it was pouring down rain but I felt like I would drive up there and see if there was a place I could stop at and say a morning prayer to the Gods and honour my ancestors who were there. National Parks are closed when it is dark out so I didn't figure Id be able to go onto the battlefield...I drove up outside the gate and parked and some men in Confederate uniforms were walking out to their cars. They had spent the night doing a living history demonstration. I happened to know one of them from when I used to shoot cannons with him at another park. He let me in before the park opened, false locked the gate, and told me to sneak back out before the rangers got there.... and I walked the park with no one else in it as the sun came up and got to say my morning prayer and honour my ancestors on the battlefield.
I just thought it was really cool. that I was out of state, had that feeling that I should go there...and run into an acquaintance who was also out of state who was able to let me in afterhours to do what I didn't think I was going to be able to do.

That was beautiful, Dainc87. That will be a memory to share with your grandchildren.

Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]