View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Rite of Bragi 

First off, I am not initiated into this brotherhood for anyone who may be reading.
Tonight I attempted the Rite of Bragi. Things are somewhat crazy for me right now. I was not able to obtain a pure white shroud so I went out after washing with a white tshirt. I went into the woods and performed the rite.
I was able to picture myself as the chosen god for a split second.
It was not a visualization as in watching the tv, but more like a mental visualization like before I lift weights and I picture myself achieving my goal.
The light I stared into became brighter and blurred.
Then as I left the woods, I was clotheslined by a branch and slapped in the face with some long thorns with three bloody gashes across my forehead.
Coincidence? I don't think so.
Next time I will be prepared.

Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:33 am

Dainc87, I too performed the Rite of Bragi to honour all the fallen before us. I found a white shroud (as near as is available now) and bathed first before honouring the Gods outside in the starlight - it was not as successful as I had hoped. I visualised Skadhi and for the shortest time a very cold wind blew from the East. This comforted me. After many hours of absolute stillness, two very short, very bright flashes of light appeared in the sky with the most earpiercing noise like nothing I have ever heard. The world was alite as in a stadium with all it's floodlights lit - much whiter and brighter than daylight. I wouldn't call it thunder although, having thought on it, that is probably what it was, but at the time it was like a ripping apart of the atmosphere - like an enormous electrical circuit exploding inside a metal box - twice. This was followed again by incredible stillness. There was no rain, no movement at all. I know this night is when the veil between the worlds is at it's thinnest - perhaps it was indeed a god arriving or leaving ... Storm

Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:59 am

Next time, a fabric shop and a few yards of white cotton muslin is quite affordable. Cut a hole for your head in the middle of the cloth and wrap the rest into place.

Hope this helps.

Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:40 pm

A question to those who know:
What great and what beautiful gifts can a poor Odinist give to the world?

Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:57 pm

sweinodinsson wrote:
A question to those who know:
What great and what beautiful gifts can a poor Odinist give to the world?

One that forces you to unlock your potential. One that glorifies our ways. One that inspires or helps others.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:44 pm

So do you think that an Odinist doing something to unlock his potential would be the lesson learned from Odin sacrificing himself unto himself?

Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:32 pm

Have the Gods/Godesses ever given anyone a gift or realization after performing the right of Bragi?

Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:53 pm

sweinodinsson wrote:
So do you think that an Odinist doing something to unlock his potential would be the lesson learned from Odin sacrificing himself unto himself?
Possibly. Odin's sacrifice resulted in his learning a secret, it is unclear whether he knew this would be the outcome or if he just rolled the dice to see what would come of his ordeal. We can certainly follow his example though, few rewards come to those who just sit and wait for them.

sweinodinsson wrote:
Have the Gods/Godesses ever given anyone a gift or realization after performing the right of Bragi?
Even the briefest glimpse through the eyes of one of the Elder Kin is a tremendous gift. Each time I have performed The Rite of Braggi I have been gifted the next day with what I consider a token of confirmation, specific items that cannot be easily explained away to coincidence.

Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]