View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Constants in my life 

I for one have, since right before finding Asatru, been fascinated with the number 11. I constantly see 11:11, 1:11, multiples of it such as $3.33, 5:55, etc.

Groundhogs, crows, butterflies (in season of course)

Strange. Any significant numbers for you? Do you think it's a god communicating through the numbers? I always see them continuously around times when I have a big choice to make or going tbrough a tough time. No coincidences, right?

Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:38 am

I believe that as an individual becomes more aware and begins to pay attention they tend to notice the weft and the warp of the Norns weaving.

Animals though are often messengers. The trick is to first be able to tell what is a message and what is not, then to correctly interpret it, and finally to determine how to use that information.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:01 am

Hail to both of you!

I personally have repeating numbers in
virtually everything having to do with
digits. Bank account balances, phone
numbers, length of phone calls, time on
the clock, bank card number, it is always
present. I personally know it is the web
of my wyrd, letting me know I am in tune
with my web.

I believe the Norns sisters weave these
silly numbers into my weave. There are
no such things as coincidence. I for one
do not take any meanings from them. I
just notice them, smile and dismiss it.

It's like being Neo in the Matrix. You
learn to live with it. Synchronicities
become more frequent the more you
pay attention to them. Eventually you
will learn how to create them. This is
how the mystics live.

Bucky

Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:35 pm

redskegg wrote:
I for one have, since right before finding Asatru, been fascinated with the number 11. I constantly see 11:11, 1:11, multiples of it such as $3.33, 5:55, etc.

Strange. Any significant numbers for you? Do you think it's a god communicating through the numbers? I always see them continuously around times when I have a big choice to make or going tbrough a tough time. No coincidences, right?

The animals you mentioned are all sacred to Urglaawe-Odinism; The groundhog and butterfly in particular. Crows and ravens can crossbreed and are often seen as "the same"- especially in the NorthEastern US where the interbreeding is most prevalent.

Urglaawe is the current name for Pennsylvania Dutch polytheism. The butterfly and groundhog are symbols for Frau Holle- a Germanic deity who is a bit like a cross between Frigg and Hel, but said to be entirely independent....but I am unsure since I feel there is a bit of overlap with Hela at times.

A simple search on Urglaawe should give you tons of information on both groundhogs and butterflies. As to the numbers? It is 11/11 today as I am writing to you. Beyond that, I have nothing to offer regarding the numbers, other than Lincoln was killed at 11:11 and in France they called it "Angel's Passing" since 11:11 is usually a moment of silence when it is observed to believe that is when the dead check on the living.

As for the matching numbers...my great-grandmother always said to 'make a wish' when the numbers on the clock were all the same digits....although she was a Braucher, I do not know if that was a truly Odinist "thing" or just a sweet tradition she shared with us children.

Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:27 am

redskegg wrote:

For myself, it is instances of 11 (or 11:11 or multiples thereof), 12 (or 12:12), 47 and of course, 9. Animals; foxes, hawks and ravens.

Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]