View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Breaking slave chains 

Last night I dreamed I was in a large shelter on top of a mountain. In my dream, the mountain was the property I grew up on (which isn't on a mountain).
There was a woman with me who I did not know.
Apparently we were both slaves.
I wore no chains, but the woman kept telling me to jump the fence, and go out into the wilderness and break my slave chains.
Our master came into the shelter. He was a giant.
We walked away in front of him and jumped the fence and disappeared into the wilderness. Everything was black for a while.
Then I dreamed I was driving in my truck past the road which was the entrance of the mountain and a police truck was sitting there on that road at the stop sign.
I felt like I broke my slave chains and was free.

Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:55 pm

"Go into the wilderness and break your slave chains" - I really like that. Also, that you could not see the chains the w/o.an was referring to is very fitting as well.

I'm curious, you did not know the woman but did you feel that you in some way recognized her or that she was familiar to you? Did she wear chains?

Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:26 pm

I have never seen her before, but in the dream it felt like we knew each other. She did not wear chains either and she disappeared when we climbed/jumped over the fence and I was alone.
It was really interesting.
The dream had two meanings for me.
One with life/business and one with my upcoming plans for the solstice.

Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:08 pm

This dream is full of meaning. The main one would be the walking away from the giant and jumping the fence - your walking away from conventional thought and moving into individual thought. Know the land but it also being unfamiliar - moving from what you have grown up in but then seeing it with fresh eyes and a better understanding. The darkness - the period of time before you found your 'purpose' in this life. Driving past the road with the police car blocking it off - the 'powers that be' guarding the masses from getting to the mountain and jumping the fence. As for the woman, perhaps she is your fylgia, spirit guide. You are familiar with her but have never seen her before - perhaps now you will see her more often. As long as she is not familiar to you, it is a good thing.

Just my thoughts, Storm

Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:24 pm

My thoughts echo Storm's exactly. The possibility of the unknown but seemingly familiar woman guiding your escape from the mundane being your Flygja is very strong. If this was indeed your Flygja look for her again, you may not recognize her her by her appearance (she may not even appear as human) but rather that sense of familiarity.

Thank you for sharing this dream with us.

Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]