View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Odinism and the Sirius star 

Last wednesday when I finished my offering and meditation I was leaving and then I felt Odin calling me back.

I turned to face him and saw Odin raising his staff, on this movement I could clearly see the Teiwaz rune wrapped in a multicolored light.

I look up and above us I could see the sirius star. I could easily identify it later because it is perfectly aligned with the three marys (Orion belt). I dindt noticed that before, it is funny that I choose that spot.

The sirius star has a lot of meaning on occultism but I could not find anything related to odinism (I dont even know if the star is visible on the northern sky).

There is something that I am missing on this experience?

Some notes:
- I started my contact with the All Father a month ago. I do not have much experience with the occult.
- I am from the south hemisphere.
- On that day I tried to do my offering and meditation facing a different wall than I usually do, just to have a better light spot. Different from the other times the experience was not good. On that day I could not focus or make a proper contact for several reasons. My cat entered the circle, even the neighbor started to make noises. When Odin called me I tought that he wanted to correct me for the proper direction... and then he showed me the rune and the star. It was a incredible experience and I am very grateful for his patience and the knowledge that he shared with me.

Sun May 29, 2016 5:37 am

In the ways of the old seidr, those who are watching will see. Such is the way of the wanderer. Not all things mean everything, but everything means something. Do you understand?

From this I can gather, by the star the guides, in two weeks time (mid june) two runes shall pull by the measure of my divination.

june 15th
SOWILO;
Bringer of light. Become the lord of the morning. Find Sirius. Assume to find all things.

june 16th
TIWAZ;
Justice. Become prince of the night. Become one with those who have found the light of the stars. Assume yourself, a unique creation.

Sun May 29, 2016 6:49 am

Baleyg wrote:
Not all things mean everything, but everything means something. Do you understand?

I think I do.

Thank you very much for your insight on this, these are good advices that I should carry on my heart. Sometimes is hard to see things as certain when faith and the occult is involved but the path of knowledge is always behind the right questions.

That day was the one that I saw Sowilu. These two runes are the only ones that I could clearly saw last wednesday. (For all others. I posted something about its meaning here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5469#p40497 )

Sun May 29, 2016 7:30 am

A update if anyone is interested in the same subject....

Baleyg, your divination was very good.

After day 15 I checked again yout post and was impressed how you nail everything.

Indeed on day 15 I found Sirius... On the previous attempt I saw the rune st between my way to the star... but on day 15 I could go to it.

I found myself being pulled to the star, and I had a strange vision where the star was a baby in the uterus... That was the strange part, I am not sure exactly what it could mean.

But then I enter the star, a word of rock, fire and ashes... Obviously Sirius is a star but on my vision it was like a planet. I lay down with my face to air and then on the sky of Sirius I could see the Yggdrasil. I believe this was the Assume to find all things", Yggradsil holds the entire reality.

Maybe Sirius was Muspelheim? I am not sure.

Day 15 was also the first and only day that I did my rituals at morning before the first sunlight, I believe that was the "become the lord of the morning". It was funny because I forget about what you writed and then I noticed that everything was exactly as you described.

For day 16, I am sorry, nothing of note happened. I dont do rituals or meditations on Thursday.

And today I had a better insight of everything. On my meditation I saw Tiwaz on the sky. I could hear the All-Father saying that I should contact Tyr, he said that Sirius was Mars and that Sirius was a gift to me that I should use, he said that if I want something I should fight for it and he said that I need to be carefull because Sirius has fire and fire also bring chaos...

After this I did a research on the internet and I found some books saying that Sirius is related to Tyr... Well, I could notice this before because it was not the first time that I saw the Tiwaz rune with the star, very dumb of my part...

But it all make sense, "Sirius is mars" = "Tyr is Mars" (not the planet, the god, the aspect) and Tyr is also related to fire.

I never contacted Tyr directly but I have a lot of respect for him also some things on common.

I plan to contact Tyr on the next Tuesday, it is his day and I may have find a proper offering.

Talking about things, last week on my meditation I saw Odin engraving the rune Ansuz on my left hand. I believe its another gift (that I dont know exactly how I may use)... I feel a but uneasy to receive so many "gifts" from All-Father, I am not sure if its common... But what it concerns me it is the price... I make offering every week, so this is just retribution? The gifts are a honor of course but is just a small token for a small token?..

Or he gives me some valueble, ssomething that I will need to pay back later?

Everything related to the mysterys is more complex than the eyes can see, it may be just a small token, I may be a check in white that I will need to pay back later... who knows... How anyone can input a value to something that a god gives you?

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:24 pm

I am glad that my divination was of some confidence to you. The divination scared me, I was very fearful of those days. They came and went and I felt their power, though I made no particular effort to control or devote to them. The full moon, the summer solstice. They seemed to be related but not in ways I could connect. I tend to see it as "energy" waves "waxing" and "waning." I am fearful to categorize anything of the secret ways, but eager to share what I have learned with brothers. I have never done things so rigidly structured, though. I tend to abide by the principles of chaos and just let myself "feel" things. My sacrifices are meals and my prayers are requests in desperation. What you do is not wrong though, just much different from the path I walk. My only disagreement is that sacrament is only made on certain days. You may find more luck in your divination allowing yourself to be "pulled" in directions.

Let me highlight the areas which I feel significance in. By your own ways may you have incurred a divination for me. It is impossible to say what visions mean, if they're for you. For me. One of our onlookers ... or even someone you never met and will never know the dream. Maybe they all mean nothing. If we never took the time to stop and analyze, we can never know for sure. Day 15 winds' were not strong for me. Night 16 stretched long and divine.

When I say that we are weavers, you must understand the fabric. The tapestry of life is connected by threads like us.

Quote:
and I had a strange vision where the star was a baby in the uterus...

Quote:
Sirius has fire and fire also bring chaos

War is being born, for the things that are desired. The things that are deserved. Through the power granted to me by the practice of Ansuz in council, it is true that I have born a new beast in the belly which I have known as Sirius. This will cause chaos and for those whose womb my love escapes from, much agony. This does not displease me.

Quote:
on the sky of Sirius I could see the Yggdrasi

Great trees are signs of our beliefs growing. I see this as what I have born, certainly has flourished. It shall grow large enough, it cannot be contained.

Thank you wise seeker, for your careful considerations and your sober exchange of divination. The keen eye watches and waits.

Last edited by Baleyg on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:25 am

Yes, its not uncommon for me to feel myself uneasy when dealing with these powers. Mainly because the All-Fathers always says that I need to be carefull.

I leaved my circle today with a cold on my spine. Again, this is not uncommon.

Sometimes I feel like the trickster is playing with fire on my backyard.

Fear was always a common element on my life. When I was young I always thought that someone just need to be brave enough to deal with everything that comes on their lives, that worked well for some time but when the problems start to pile and steal your peace even when you sleep then you are starting to break, on that time I had no god, so I forged a god for myself, that helped me A LOT on that hard time, it changed my life.

My guardian is always at my side, but on this year I felt that I need to understand better about the magic and mysterys. So I started to contact the All-Father. I felt that Odin accepted and is guiding me but thats why I have a concern about his gifts, in a way I asked for them, I dont know how to use most of them and I am not sure if they have a price.... I am not even sure if I am doing everything right, if I am pleasing them...

I just know that I usually feel fear and uncofortable to deal with these powers... But well, maybe that is the price after all.

Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:54 am

You shall not concern yourself with prices or tricks. I burden myself greatly to become the price that others may take advantage of. You are right to suspect that life is short and cruel. The words of the past may echo most unpleasantly. You are a most faithful and wise servant. I wish I could promise you peace and prosperity forever.

You have met the shadow maker. My ways might only teach you to lie in wait. To survive. To perpetuate. In the peace of the all-father you can only prepare for war. As surly as steam rises from the water and rock, men continue to fight forever embracing death. I would not have you die needlessly, but I could never promise you eternal life.

Some do not concern themselves with the desires of life, but I work tirelessly to preserve them. This is the way of one who lays shadows - time most crucial.

You shall tell me about your ancestry and where the bones of your father's fathers (fathers, ext) lie.

Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:46 am

Your dream develops a further meaning for me and I have acted as those who watch would desire.

Tell me if you ever feel inspired again regarding this information.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:34 am

Sorry, I should have writed some update, but I am still "unpacking" these experiences.

The baby on the uterus for example, the feeling that I had was that its meaning was my "awakening", my birth. Not the literal one of course. But the act to wake for a true live.

I contacted Tyr on these last two tuesday. For me its was not a intense experience like the ones that I have with the AllFather, it is more hard to hear Tyr and I understand that its my fault. I dont have doubts about my path on the mysteries but I have doubts about my path with my family and old promises... It is hard to connect perfectly with the the god of oath with doubts. But you are right, I should have contacted him when the call was heared.. I use the rules and the ceremonial days to hide from my fear of the god...

Still, I feel that Tyr heared me, he teached me how to use the Sirius star... On my left hand where previously the Allfather writed the Ansuz rune he placed the star... a red ball of energy where I could see the Tiwaz rune.

Now let me explain, it is is just a personal story but it will help to make my point of view clear. I believed the key aspect of all of this is my issue with my mother, she is old, on a depression that is worse every year and with a dozen of problems. I am living with her now and we are almost always on good terms but I fear that this was costing me too much, I fear that I am losing my life, that I am away from everything that I seek to make her life less lonely... I know it may look selfish but time dont tell lies.

How this is related with the sirius star? Well, maybe a lot. Tyr is the god of act. Tyr and mars are aspects of the fight, to take courage and do things that need to be done. He values the act to protect family and to keep vows... I thought that I should leave my past behind and ACT to build a new live and on some way I expected to hear that from the gods. But I was wrong and Tyr helped me to understand that, I thought that my mother was on comfort zone and needed to regain their own strenght but on some ways I was on my comfort zone too. If I will act to build a new life, that live will carry all the weight that I need to carry. I gave the red star to her and I felt that power to completely vanish from my hand. It was a gift, it could had be useful and a soul on sorrow may not even connect with the gods and their powers... But it was the right thing to do, Tyr lost his left hand and I "lost" mine too.

And after I did this I felt a lot of good things coming and I feel that Tyr is now working for me.

Sorry if it was a boring story, maybe the sirius star has different meaning for each one of us... But maybe they still are the same thing.

I still think that the sirius has a lot of connection with Tyr. And Tyr is also connected with the beasts. He was the only one that cared for Fenrir. He lost his hand and that was his commitment, his silent bond, Fenrir lost the freedom and Tyr lost something as well...

Notice that you have a beast that is growing on where it is (on my point of view) Tyr domain.

Maybe the question about sirius is commitment itself, it is a power, it enables acting.. But what kind of acting? The act that is on our heart maybe, the commitment to something.. a desire, a vow... a will... The bottom line is that everyone feeds beasts and bonds.

Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:11 am

What you do not understand is that your dreams have proven to be a divine inspiration to me. They have proven true. The things you have seen, I have so prostrated with one keen eye. I would wish to half the blood given to me, according the the star called Sirius. It is our destiny to wander, greatly.

you shall never feel shame caring for your ancestors. You should learn as much as you can about your father's father as you might. I wish to know your origin, my friend. I do not stand in judgment, but estimation. Every day you should exalt the matriarch of your legacy, until the end takes her. And even then she will never end, she should be kept by you and all who encounter you.

You must never question your commitment to brothers, as others have most questionably.

I wish to know if the power you have sensed was born or requires further action. I believe the answer shall come to you, my friend. The tree is but a sprout and desires warmth

Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:45 am

I believe it was not born to me yet. I feel that is something on the path.... I believe its related to what I could call "my great will", my true path.

As I said before I gave the star and while the meaning would not disappear I kind of lost some track of it... But I still feel Tyr close, he is with us now and I feel glad for it. While he is here I know the star is too.

About my ancestors, that its something more hard to track. I am from Brazil, Brazil has a bit more than just 500 years and everyone here should have more than one or three different cultures on their genealogy tree. I may be a bit wrong but from what I remember... From my mother I have ancestors on Portugal and the Netherlands, from my Father I have ancestors from Spanish, Portugal and Africa. And I am probably forgeting one or two another, some trees are hard to track. I will investigate more about that...

My mother had a red hair and the blue and green eyes are common on our family, this dont means much of course but its not impossible that my genealogy reaches the ancestors that had the same faith than us... Who knows...

Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:40 pm

If you are interested about what I saw, looking for the inverted Algiz:

The AllFather showed me the child of the Sirius, it was almost human, but it dindt looked human or beast.
Then I looked to Algiz, reversed, a shadow of the tree, It was deep and more at bottom. The darkness were not frightening. It was almost like a forest at night and here the baby become a wolf. A wolf with the light of red.
I followed the wolf on the darkness, we walked.
There I could find a shine piece of white light. It was really shine.
I believe I could see a hand there, maybe a mirror reflecting things? Reflecting my image maybe.
Maybe related to Jera, maybe not. I just found myself on peace.

Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:32 pm

What does he say, when he shows you these things?

Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:55 pm

Nothing that I can remember. It was pure instinct and feelings.

Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]