View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Dreams of my grandfather 

Many years ago after my grandfather passed away I began having recurring dreams of him. Often we would be forced into strange structures and would have to find our way through them. Not necessarily out of them - though sometimes we needed to make an escape - but more often through them, as though they were puzzles to be solved, mysteries to be plummeted. At first the structures were illogical mutations of places I was familiar with. His house developed secret passage ways and tunnels and we would find ourselves crawling through the pipes and cracks like insects. Though we were fully grown humans, the buildings shifted and grew to accommodate us. Later the structures became unfamiliar and massive. Something like an abandoned steel refinery in Chicago which stretched for miles became the scene as time went on. Often there would be hidden tunnels going far underground and this would be our only means of escape. Our task was navigation. Sometimes we would get separated, sometimes we were being chased by something we never saw. The deeper we went, the more primal became the feeling of the place. The Wyrd Ordeal achieved culmination.

About five years ago I dreamt that we completed our tasks and that we were back in his house. Everything seemed normal, everyone was alive and well as it had been when I was a child. But eventually my grandparents got sick again and went the same way as before.

A short while ago I dreamt that my two older brothers and I went to see him in the assisted care facility where he passed away from cancer. He felt trapped and asked us if he could leave yet. He told us to go get any information about him leaving or where he could escape to. His intention was firm. He wanted to be gone for good. When we returned, my oldest brother said to my grandfather, "Valhalla..." Then that brother disappeared. The second oldest said, "...is where the heroes go." Then that brother disappeared. After that my grandfather and I were alone. He turned to me and asked, "What have you learned about Valhalla, my son?" So I sat down on his bed and explained everything I had learned in my research on the matter. After that he was silent for a long time then suddenly he got a big smile on his face, said thank you and got up and walked away.

Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:50 am

Wodulf wrote:
Many years ago after my grandfather passed away I began having recurring dreams of him. Often we would be forced into strange structures and would have to find our way through them. Not necessarily out of them - though sometimes we needed to make an escape - but more often through them, as though they were puzzles to be solved, mysteries to be plummeted. At first the structures were illogical mutations of places I was familiar with. His house developed secret passage ways and tunnels and we would find ourselves crawling through the pipes and cracks like insects. Though we were fully grown humans, the buildings shifted and grew to accommodate us. Later the structures became unfamiliar and massive. Something like an abandoned steel refinery in Chicago which stretched for miles became the scene as time went on. Often there would be hidden tunnels going far underground and this would be our only means of escape. Our task was navigation. Sometimes we would get separated, sometimes we were being chased by something we never saw. The deeper we went, the more primal became the feeling of the place. The Wyrd Ordeal achieved culmination.

About five years ago I dreamt that we completed our tasks and that we were back in his house. Everything seemed normal, everyone was alive and well as it had been when I was a child. But eventually my grandparents got sick again and went the same way as before.

A short while ago I dreamt that my two older brothers and I went to see him in the assisted care facility where he passed away from cancer. He felt trapped and asked us if he could leave yet. He told us to go get any information about him leaving or where he could escape to. His intention was firm. He wanted to be gone for good. When we returned, my oldest brother said to my grandfather, "Valhalla..." Then that brother disappeared. The second oldest said, "...is where the heroes go." Then that brother disappeared. After that my grandfather and I were alone. He turned to me and asked, "What have you learned about Valhalla, my son?" So I sat down on his bed and explained everything I had learned in my research on the matter. After that he was silent for a long time then suddenly he got a big smile on his face, said thank you and got up and walked away.

What a wonderful dream. It sounds as of you were taught to navigate and adventure in both this world and "the otherworld.". Often I find some beings they could genuinely be your grandfather but sometimes they take forms that we view as wise and are comfortable with. Often are old beings literally demonized in our current era.

The message would seem to me is that you've been shown how to follow the paths, how to adventure and seek. The symbolism I think is evident to you but you don't need anyone here to reaffirm that for you. be confident. The way is to Valhalla and you know the way now.

Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]