View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Black Vulture (Spouse's Flylgia) confusing message? 

My spouse and I were walking our dogs in the woods along the stream behind our home- and two gorgeous black vultures came and kept us company with our walk. First they flew up near us and then one stayed in a tree above us, and another sat on the roof of a trailer watching us, but close enough to us a precious opportunity to be near enough to see his individual feathers.

My spouse says vulture is one of their fylgia....but lately has been rather spiritually distracted from the side effects of Lymes disease.

I was there going "Look! Isn't that your Fylgia? What are you feeling right now? What are they saying?" Because when I see my own animals I always get excited and watch them until I gain insight. (crows/foxes/snakes...no wonder I'm a Lokean)

My spouse just feels the vultures only meant that Hel (his patron) is watching. If a fox or crow came so close to me and followed me up a trail I believe "watching" would be the smallest part of the message.

I guess, as I am writing this I think I am wondering why it meant so little to him when it used to mean so much; he's been very harmed and lied about by the Asatru community local to us. Lied about and betrayed by friends- some former friends even becoming meth addicts which completely perplexes us.

We have had nothing but loss, rejection, and insult being involved with the public community- but to me, it did not change my relationship to our Gods.... I think maybe his reaction indicates how many scars still hurt regarding Odinism. He knows it is not the Gods that caused what we experienced- humans have free will.

But- to lose spirituality to me is as difficult as losing a sense such as my sight or hearing; I have had years of "dark nights of the soul"- and they were awful.

Perhaps, is it possible, the vultures were meant from Lady Hela to me to show me that he is entering spiritual depression? How do I help?

Just like you wouldn't want to see your husband or wife suffer if they had an illness that could cause them to lose their sight or hearing- I do not want my husband to lose his sense of spirituality- I do not even care what spirituality he explores as long as it is something-

To me- every pathway is valid that seeks nature as an ally. To see such huge, beautiful creatures as black vultures come so close left me in awe. No one should lose their sense of awe, awe is one thing that makes life beautiful.

What do you suggest? What are your interpretations? Thank you kindly my brothers in advance.

Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:36 pm

Maybe you are right, or maybe he was not just on a good day.

Spirituality is something that can empower us but is usually something that also require energy, energy to solve the mysteries, energy to philosophize, energy to live the moment. When we are health we can just do this easily. But when our mind or body is ill, it becomes more difficult.

Maybe he just need to recharge his energies. Time heals. Stay close but give him time.

About the community, my personal belief is that spirituality is always something that we should seek alone. We discovered fantastic things on this path, and of course, we want a community close to our beliefs.

But while the gods are fantastic, human beings are just human beings. And friends have far more flaws that we want to believe.

Our hearts should always stick with the gods and our family.

Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:14 am

You are right HailWoten; the Gods and the homestead first.

Lymes disease is not a fun journey- I'm on my second episode of it in two years. It is estimated 85% of deer ticks in my area of the country carry it and we live in the woods.

Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:37 pm

Tyrienne wrote:
I was there going "Look! Isn't that your Fylgia? What are you feeling right now? What are they saying?" Because when I see my own animals I always get excited and watch them until I gain insight. (crows/foxes/snakes...no wonder I'm a Lokean)

I guess, as I am writing this I think I am wondering why it meant so little to him when it used to mean so much; he's been very harmed and lied about by the Asatru community local to us. Lied about and betrayed by friends- some former friends even...

We have had nothing but loss, rejection, and insult being involved with the public community- but to me, it did not change my relationship to our Gods.... I think maybe his reaction indicates how many scars still hurt regarding Odinism. He knows it is not the Gods that caused what we experienced- humans have free will.

But- to lose spirituality to me is as difficult as losing a sense such as my sight or hearing; I have had years of "dark nights of the soul"- and they were awful.

Perhaps, is it possible, the vultures were meant from Lady Hela to me to show me that he is entering spiritual depression? How do I help?

Just like you wouldn't want to see your husband or wife suffer if they had an illness that could cause them to lose their sight or hearing- I do not want my husband to lose his sense of spirituality- I do not even care what spirituality he explores as long as it is something-

To me- every pathway is valid that seeks nature as an ally. To see such huge, beautiful creatures as black vultures come so close left me in awe. No one should lose their sense of awe, awe is one thing that makes life beautiful.

What do you suggest? What are your interpretations? Thank you kindly my brothers in advance.

The Fylgja are not part of the Gods or spirituality, but of Self. I would suspect that the best cure for this sort of self-imposed isolation would be to help your spouse develop a (greater) sense of purpose or accept this change as a positive movement.
r

Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]