View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Glimpse of extraordinary beauty with different gods 

Did you tried this rite with different gods and had completely different experiences?

So far I did this rite with Odin and Tyr and had very different experiences. I think they make sense but I just want to share with the community so we can share and trade information and different points of views.

For me, with Odin the experience is more strinking, lived. You can really feel why ecstasy is part of his name, the visions start easily and you can see very different things while you feel a very powerfull energy. Its like a story which is interesting because you can understand how the myths started, with visions like the ones you can experience. Odin may show different runes every day... While the "unpacking" is a bit complex and abstract it could be a good way to learn about the runes.

With Tyr is a bit different for me. At the start I had some difficult to feel Tyr presence, maybe because I started with Odin and was expecting a similar experience. At least for me it was very different, with Tyr I feel a more direct energy, a noble and strong energy. Visions are rare, which make sense I guess, Tyr is not a god of mysticism or mysteries, his heart is more simple, his words are always sincere. He is not a being of riddles. Mysteries are always things that are on the middle of reality and imagination but Tyr is Justice and justice covers everything that is true and nothing more. Then, I believe this experience make sense.

And about you, do you have different experiences with Tyr, Odin or different gods? I am asking because I found interesting that the same rite could deliver very different experiences.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:05 pm

I've called on manannan often in my spiritual work. I find him amusing and pleasant, though he likes his tricks. He always challenged me with tests, wanting me to overcome my fears before I could take the next step. When I'm deep in my meditations/regressions it feels very real, so when I find myself led to a cliff and suddenly the thought "jump" spring s into my mind, my automatic reaction is what! No way! (I am terrified of heights, so bad, that I am amazed that I managed to resist my fear and take to snowboarding.) But then something clicks and I jump! Only to land on my feet in the next part of my spiritual journey. Or taking on a large powerful creature, when doubt tells me I'm too weak. Then I tell myself, I am strong enough! And throw back my opponent, who then leads me on the next leg of my journey.
I did all this as a novice and without guidance, except through my patron deity, and he doesn't put the answer/solution in plain words, though it may be in plain sight if you will only see! ;)

Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:19 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience, it looks very interesting.

I think its common to not see all the answers easily, this is the way of the mysteries after all, they are ideas that are sent to our mind beyond all reality, and we need to decipher it.

Its wonderfull to notice that it was probably this way that the myths began, with our ancestors discovering and seeing the same things that we are seeing in our meditations.

Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:01 pm

HailWotan wrote:

I think its common to not see all the answers easily, this is the way of the mysteries after all, they are ideas that are sent to our mind beyond all reality, and we need to decipher it.

Its wonderfull to notice that it was probably this way that the myths began, with our ancestors discovering and seeing the same things that we are seeing in our meditations.

In those days, there were likely individuals who could spend a lot more time in meditation than people can in our modern fast paced world.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:06 pm

HailWotan wrote:

From my knowledge and understanding, myths about the gods have been around since the birth of primal man, when the gods, an advanced race of beings, came down to primitive ape creature and endowed him with soul and spirit, mind and blood. To ancient humanity, the advanced beings from heaven swere gods talking to them. The gods told them want to do, taught them basic language skills, and manipulated their genes to make them the precursors of modern humanity. Therefore arewe the "children" of those gods aNd devils who directly intervened in o ur evolutionary path. And because we are such a narrative species, we make stories to preserve the knowledge and history of an important life changing event.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:43 pm

north wrote:
HailWotan wrote:

From my knowledge and understanding, myths about the gods have been around since the birth of primal man, when the gods, an advanced race of beings, came down to primitive ape creature and endowed him with soul and spirit, mind and blood. To ancient humanity, the advanced beings from heaven swere gods talking to them. The gods told them want to do, taught them basic language skills, and manipulated their genes to make them the precursors of modern humanity. Therefore arewe the "children" of those gods aNd devils who directly intervened in o ur evolutionary path. And because we are such a narrative species, we make stories to preserve the knowledge and history of an important life changing event.

I believe something to that effect, as well. Personally, I never cared for the term god/s. I'm not sure exactly how to put my perception into words, but I guess I view the deities as spirit guides, but spirit also has a physical manifestation. So, perhaps some of our spiritual contacts are humans, animals, otherworldly beings, etc. Gods are the beings that, as you said, have been elevated to a status of reverence by our primitive ancestors. To me it's a title like we apply to a King, etc.

Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:17 am

Well met indeed!

Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]