View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Waking up to your name called 

Anyone else wake up to your name being called? I woke up to a sound and clear as day when I was awake heard my name is the darkness. It took me a second to overcome my initial "fight" response but once I gain composure I asked who was there with no answer. The voice was loud, cool and very masculine.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:57 am

BjornBerserk wrote:
Anyone else wake up to your name being called? I woke up to a sound and clear as day when I was awake heard my name is the darkness. It took me a second to overcome my initial "fight" response but once I gain composure I asked who was there with no answer. The voice was loud, cool and very masculine.

Yes, many years ago. I initially thought it may have had something to do with my tendency to sleep walk and dismissed it, but as you mention it I wonder if there is more to it than I initially thought.
r

Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:08 pm

For me as well. But it was a dream of sorts and the vouce pulled me out of it. I remember lying in the darkness in stillness trying to decipher what happened. Within days I was here. Stormr

Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:39 pm

Or is it that you remember having your name called in a dream as you are ripped from your unconscious?

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:39 pm

Baleyg wrote:
Or is it that you remember having your name called in a dream as you are ripped from your unconscious?
I thought this too but I remember hearing exactly where in the room the voice came from. It was for certain not in my mind, I know I heard a voice outside of my own mind.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:04 pm

I had a similar experience where my ex wife and I were sleeping at my father's and we both woke up to someone screaming "wake up!". We both woke up screaming and the foot of the bed collapsed and hit the floor. I asked her if she heard a voice and she told me she heard the scream and she was genuinely terrified. This was many years ago.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:07 pm

BjornBerserk wrote:
Baleyg wrote:
I thought this too but I remember hearing exactly where in the room the voice came from. It was for certain not in my mind, I know I heard a voice outside of my own mind.

It most definately was not a part of my dream either but a voice from the hallway. And it used this name which I had never used before or thought of.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:32 pm

Not my name being called, but waking to voices, only to find no one is there. I've dreamed of my grandfather years after he died. In the dream I was told my family had only let me think he had died to save me from seeing him suffer a slow death, but after so long, he came home. My grandmother told me he was outside in the garden. I went out to find him, asked him how he could leave me like that. He put both his hands on my face, and I woke up. I could still feel his hands on my cheeks, and saw in my peripheral vision a tall, man's form beside my bed. For a split second I thought my husband had come home from work, despite it being morning, but as I turned to focus my eyes on the figure it faded, the touch of his hands slipping away. The moment of fear that came and went so suddenly seemed to have been what caused him to vanish.
Since then, and even prior to, I've had a number of dream experiences, mostly, but from time to time, I'll hear voices, sometimes only a faint whisper, usually just before dozing or just after waking and also during meditation.
I think what happens in these in between states of consciousness, our minds become more open, free from doubt. Awake, people tend to rationalize everything, but in this other state, we can just experience without judgement and without trying to bend the our impressions into some other, more tangible form.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]