View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Strangest Dream 

Greetings.

I have just awoken from the strangest dream. I was a member of a Viking clan of sorts. Close to (and friendly with) the chief. But that's not the strange part. I'm lead to believe that the clan had commandeered the penthouse loft in a semi-modern 1940's style hotel building, and were living out of it. As the dream progressed, the clan grew increasingly modern with clothes, phones and baseball interests.

Possibly the part that was oddest was when we raided just outside said hotel. We charged at a somewhat fortified, well guarded travelling merchant's caravan. During the charge he emerged with an air of authority. Didn't blink. Didn't stutter. Simply strutted out with one hand on his hip and the other making broad, sweeping gestures as he began to speak. I saw the face of the clan's chief at this moment. His mouth was agape in shock. We lowered our weapons and began to approach the faguely foreign (Slavic perhaps?) merchant. This is when I woke up.

I know there is a lot to unpack there, but I see a lot of symbolism and meaning in it even ignoring my gut feeling of its significance.

Any ideas what this could mean? I'm still trying to process it.

Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:25 pm

baywolf wrote:
Greetings.

I have just awoken from the strangest dream. I was a member of a Viking clan of sorts. Close to (and friendly with) the chief. But that's not the strange part. I'm lead to believe that the clan had commandeered the penthouse loft in a semi-modern 1940's style hotel building, and were living out of it. As the dream progressed, the clan grew increasingly modern with clothes, phones and baseball interests.

Possibly the part that was oddest was when we raided just outside said hotel. We charged at a somewhat fortified, well guarded travelling merchant's caravan. During the charge he emerged with an air of authority. Didn't blink. Didn't stutter. Simply strutted out with one hand on his hip and the other making broad, sweeping gestures as he began to speak. I saw the face of the clan's chief at this moment. His mouth was agape in shock. We lowered our weapons and began to approach the faguely foreign (Slavic perhaps?) merchant. This is when I woke up.

I know there is a lot to unpack there, but I see a lot of symbolism and meaning in it even ignoring my gut feeling of its significance.

Interesting.
What comes to my mind: the degression of once free, brave people growing increasingly docile and subdued. Instead of the brave vikings who would charge a shield wall, we have weak, emasculated men too afraid to take the bull by the horns, but rather yielding to pencil pushers, and lesser men.
But that's just my take. I have no idea what it actually means for you.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:43 pm

Fand wrote:
baywolf wrote:
Greetings.

Interesting.
What comes to my mind: the degression of once free, brave people growing increasingly docile and subdued. Instead of the brave vikings who would charge a shield wall, we have weak, emasculated men too afraid to take the bull by the horns, but rather yielding to pencil pushers, and lesser men.
But that's just my take. I have no idea what it actually means for you.

Thank you for your insight, Fand.

I have thought on this dream daily since it occured. Still has great meaning, but the essence is clearing. The clan chief seems to represent an ancestor of mine. Fatherly, in a way. His second has the feeling of a distant cousin. The hotel represents the modern age, and the take-over of it represents force of will and taking what you want in contemporary society.

The merchant is something else. What I neglected to mention (and have pondered since) is the fact the he was approached as a long-lost friend. Hence the shock, hence the lowering of swords. It is my belief that the traveller was Odin (not the All-Father himself, but rather my subconscious' interpretation/depiction/analogue there-of).

Thank you again, Fand for your insight and your aid in the deciphering of an experience the has plagued my mind for weeks

Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:49 am

You are welcome. :)

Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:04 pm

The scene you shared with us sounds like something far more contemporary, through my lens.

There are probably hundreds if not thousands of small bands of men, doing what can crudely be called "Viking Stuff" in the more remote and troubled parts of the world right now. Semi-modern 1940s vintage hotels fit nicely into such a view as well.

Look at some of the Youtube videos showing fighting in the Ukraine - Russia border regions over the last couple of years. The "uniforms" (anything but uniform!), variety of weapons, modified vehicles and the like seem to fit well with your dream, as do the bombed out 1940s style buildings too. A few of the fighting men in these videos sport tattoos and jewelry which appear to place them in the "Odinist Camp" as well.

Armored caravans are a fact of life in areas that still have a lot of hijacking.

Thanks for sharing the dream.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:59 am

Nothing strange.. it's just that the gang sometimes meets a greater power. An outsider who knows your gang's ways.

Consider the squad mess halls of the warriors. They'd form a mess in any large building they could adequately control and which would house their group. What else is valhalla ?

Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:22 am

Maybe awareness of bridges gang:

- Homophones, words of similar or same vibration-
- Ailm, the Holy Cross, Nordic Cross flags
- In consideration of Mjölnir: Environmental Iron, Blood Iron (Hemoglobin), Fe, Faith (in Spanish), Fey, the Faery Triad- In consideration of Mjölnir
- In consideration of Bifröst: the spectrum as white light composed ROYGBIV

Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]