View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Ravens and a Sea Gull 

Yesterday my wife and I were talking about an incident from several years ago where the Pope released a dove on or around Easter and a Raven and a Sea Gull attacked and killed it. The Christians were horrified and some Odinists I know of took it as an omen Odin and Njord vs. Christ.

Today we had to run some errands and in a parking lot I saw a lone sea gull and two ravens. We are inland and you just don't have sea gulls here. My wife made a comment about them when she came out. And we made another stop and the same sea gull and ravens, this time, were flying over the car, circling and coming back several times.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:23 pm

JohnMathison wrote:
Yesterday my wife and I were talking about an incident from several years ago where the Pope released a dove on or around Easter and a Raven and a Sea Gull attacked and killed it. The Christians were horrified and some Odinists I know of took it as an omen Odin and Njord vs. Christ.

Today we had to run some errands and in a parking lot I saw a lone sea gull and two ravens. We are inland and you just don't have sea gulls here. My wife made a comment about them when she came out. And we made another stop and the same sea gull and ravens, this time, were flying over the car, circling and coming back several times.

I never heard that story about the pope and the dove, but that's pretty wild! I mean, poor dove, but the symbology is wicked! There are lots of crows where I live. I thought they were ravens at first, because of their size, really big, but they are still crows. Whatever. I love them. They are so beautiful and it's wonderful to have them living around my house.
Sounds like you have a couple patrons, if you are feeling so drawn to those birds.
For what it's worth, when I lived in central Florida, I would see sea gulls inland from time to time. Keep in mind, they can cover a lot of ground in a pretty short time, so I guess it just depends how far inland you live.

Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]