View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
The War Jar 

This is more Germanish than Odinist- but it overlaps.

My brother is an an abusive relationship with a felon on the other coast- he is not the strongest of will but a beautiful person deserving of a good life. Just imagine the worst abuse you can think of, and the most messed up= it's happened. My brother is effeminate and has been prostituted against his will. If he were a woman I could do more.

There wasn't much more I could do- so I made a war jar. I took a glass jar, some broken glass, some nasty herbs, hot water, pepper, urine, 3 rusted nails and I cut my palm three times in an Algiz rune under my thumb to give my blood.

I wrote the name of the abuser onto paper of a bindrune my brother gave me- then outlined that rune with Tiwaz, Algiz and Gar,

At midnight- I went down stream where there were no longer people's homes, and threw the jar into the water with a prayer to every God listening, his and our own, and said "If I did anything incorrectly, please help...but this is literally my last hope for help"

I felt peace; magic was literally the only route not taken. When I hail my Gods it is in gratitude, I almost never ask for anything- and I haven't bled intentionally in years beyond my recollection. I rubbed that wound for 3 days with ash, lemon, and salt...to remind me it was safer to keep my physical difference because he is hurting right now as well. It was sympathetic.

Immediately, MY life improved. I got a free snake the next day for xmas from a friend I was not expecting (I adore snakes) and I bought my husband a bunny. There were a few to choose from- but I got him a white because he wanted an albino. I also ALMOST got a black and silver- but I hesitated.

In traditional Blot (I can't do umlauts on the computer) an animal is sacrificed. The night after I gave my spouse his rabbit, I dreamt the black one lay dead. Odin was behind me and stated "This is a message". I seached though all sorts of sites for meanings and asked friends. (some on here!) and discovered rabbits are social animals who require a friend. So, I assumed it was occham's razor- get the second rabbit

I called the breeder when I awoke- the black bunny had escaped and he has had coyote problems. I felt guilty, I picked out a different bunny, a beautiful grey one named Silver... and she bonded nicely both to me and the existing rabbit, Ghost.

My husband was hoping to find a source of second income- in making the rabbit room for him, we can now breed them in this area. We now have a future source of income I never requested but I am grateful.

Long lost friends returned to my life- many of them came asking about my brother. One of his friends from high school married a service man. She came out of nowhere and asked me questions so they can help get him out. I was so grateful I was heard.

I would like to say I seldom do anything formal and complex- my life has changed dramatically tracing back to that single ritual.

I at times have doubts as to if such over-the-top ceremony works, but I feel better than good...and there is no other explanation. I have been reblessed with old friends, I have a lovely pet snake, and a room of my house for hand-reared rabbits in a town with only one other breeder who asked us if we would be willing to breed and share with him. A new friend in him, too, actually.

The Allfather's hand feels upon me. I was concerned what I did was a bit dark- but reassurance is everywhere.

My brother is not safe yet- I got a generic text of New Years that he is still alive and well...but I feel confident whatever troubles he has found himself, the right people have found him to help extricate him if need be.

(There is likely more, but I am nursing a hangover still from an excellent New Years with friends here at home with unusually enthusiastic toasting ;) )

I feel my family Gods are encouraging me. Freyr, Loki, Tyr, and especially Odin.
I am not asking for advice- I just felt the need to share this here.

The algiz is still visible on my hand. I like it there.

Happy New Years to all!

Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:10 am

Happy 2017. It sounds like a POSITIVE CHANGE IN LUCK for your family is coming about. May, FREYRS blessing be upon your rabbit BREEDING.

I hope for a new start for your brother.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:53 pm

Within a week I was contacted by people who intervened with him- however, I discovered a great deal of his issues were from addiction to an unnamed drug they both use.

My life is improved, but my rage has cooled into nothing more than resignation and disappointment. I can honestly say I have not felt any desire to check on him since he admitted that, nor has he called me since he indicated his true predicament.

This isn't the first time in his life he has made poor choices- it may be the first time I was convinced he was entirely a victim and I feel like I was incredibly naive.

In his poor health, it will be his choice. Either he will die or beat this one too.

He knows the pathway to taking personal responsibility for his health and well being. But my worry is gone- not in the way I would have first wished- but cynicism can exist (rarely) as a relief, at least in this case to me.

Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:25 am

Tyrienne wrote:
Within a week I was contacted by people who intervened with him- however, I discovered a great deal of his issues were from addiction to an unnamed drug they both use.

My life is improved, but my rage has cooled into nothing more than resignation and disappointment. I can honestly say I have not felt any desire to check on him since he admitted that, nor has he called me since he indicated his true predicament.

This isn't the first time in his life he has made poor choices- it may be the first time I was convinced he was entirely a victim and I feel like I was incredibly naive.

In his poor health, it will be his choice. Either he will die or beat this one too.

He knows the pathway to taking personal responsibility for his health and well being. But my worry is gone- not in the way I would have first wished- but cynicism can exist (rarely) as a relief, at least in this case to me.

It has been my observation that there are few adults who are complete victims. Most either engage in activities or behavior that puts them at risk or they choose to ignore facts and evidence. At the very least they fail to listen to those who are better able to see the situation, even ignoring their inner voice.

Everybody makes mistakes but making the same mistake twice is a choice. Those who take responsibility and accountability for their actions improve and grow stronger. Those who place the blame on others only continue to repeat the same cycle they are stuck in.

Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]