View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Lots of dreams... now one of Runes 

I have been having a lot of interesting dreams lately, but last night I had one especially interesting. I saw four runes in this order: Ansuz, Hagal, Othala, and Ing. Ansuz and Hagal were on the necklace of a traditionally dressed woman, probably carved in bone. Ansuz on the left, Hagal on the right. Othala and Ing were in wood. My initial thought is that some message (maybe about, or from my ancestors) will come through nature's forces, my ancestors, and the earth. I'd be interested to hear what you guys think.

Thank you for your time,

-Defender

Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:27 pm

What feeling or imagery, thoughts, etc come to mind during the dream? Anything subtle or that you may have overlooked? Listen to your intuition.

Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:22 pm

Ansuz and Hagal...Odin and Heimdall....carved on bone? Possibly a deer antler or something similar? That would be fitting.

Othala...the ancestor
Ing....Ingvi Frey - Vanir
Both of these on wood. Men were cut from splendid oaks. Ingvi being a god of fertility.

The traditionally dressed woman represents, insight/guidance/wisdom.

A necklace can represent unsatisdied desires and can hilight your intellect and desire for influence/power...The runes on this necklace being Ansuz (Odins rune) and Hagal (Heimdalls rune) speak to me as intellect and power. Also, from reading your posts, I know that you desire to know the lore better, have a deeper relationship with the ancestors, wights, and Elder kin. You are also interested in shamanism. Odin is THE shaman and Heimdall the father of men and a son of Odin. Heimdall guards bifrost bridge and the initiation into the brotherhood. I believe you recently had a dream where a messenger from the gods visited you...Did you read more of the lore of the Odin Brotherhood? Have you read about the sojourn? It behooves you to study these things. All I can do is reiterate that it is significant, but will not tell you what you need to learn for yourself.

It has been suggested to you to become closer to the ancestors. Othala on the oak. You are a blacksmith trying to honor the old ways of your people. This is something to consider, as well.

Yngvi is the progenitor of the yngling lineage. Have you read the Ynglinga saga? It would behoove you to do so.

This dream is related to your dream about an old sword and a teacher. Your answer lies in the lore.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]