View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Volknut 

Are there any threads on here that talk about the volknut? I did a search, but no results were found, so unless someone knows of something I'll just post here.
I had a dream a couple nights ago about carving a volknut into my skin repeatedly with a blade, just go in over the same lines again and again. It felt like a very powerful symbol of protection, and when I remembered the dream, I felt compelled to have this symbol tattooed. At first, I couldn't remember what it was called, and hadn't even seen it or noticed seeing it for some time. The only thing I did know was that is a symbol connected to Odin.
Incidentally, I have begun feeling more drawn to Odin of late, where in the past I had not. This all seems to be coinciding with my deeper study of the lore and runes. The more effort I put into my quest for knowledge, the more intense my connection to Odin seems to become.
Another interesting thing concerns melon to be three years old daughter. I try to include mentions of the Goðin in our daily lives. When the wind blows or it rains, I tell her in a playful that is Njörd's doing. When it thunders I say that is Thor swinging his hammer. I tell her about Freyr and Freya, and the the Yule father Odin comes at the winter solstice to bring gifts to children. When she actually chimes in, she expresses a specific interest in Odin. When I ask who her favourite is, she says Odin. The funny thing is, he is the deity I speak the least about with her.

So, back to the main point of this post, I'd really like some deeper insight on the meaning of the Volknut. I have done an internet search, and am aware of the textbook meanings attributed to it, which are mostly speculative. What I'd really like to know are people's personal thoughts. Has anyone had any spiritual inspiration regarding this symbol? Any intuitive experience?

Thu May 11, 2017 5:03 pm

You are using the german spelling. Use Valknut and there are many threads. Stormr

Fri May 12, 2017 12:59 am

Thank you Storm. I'll give it a try!

Sun May 14, 2017 8:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]