View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Odin and the Rise of Christianity. 

autumnapples wrote:
From Tyrsman: "... Also consider the possibility that because his concern is holding off Ragnarok for as long as possible, he could have allowed the rise of Christianity in the north to further that goal. "

Tyrsman,
I am curious; why do you think that Odin allowing Christianity to rise would hold off Ragnarok?

Maybe to avoid an End war.

Sat May 07, 2016 7:04 am

This is fabulous. I hold the opinion that the man known as Jesus was one of ours. He was not the complexion of the jews for one.
Was Stated that He was son of a God. He was sent to live with relatives at age of puberty because he was too much to be handled. Came back in his late twenties with self control and amazing ability to draw in others. the dead sea scrolls record of Pontius Pilate was that he was of taller stature, long hair parted in the middle, chestnut (reddish brown) color and ocean color eyes. Among other things, he married an earth woman . And what carpenter does Not carry a hammer. My brother and Father always carried the tools of their trade.
Also there is a Celtic legend that he was of the lineage of the pagan mistress to Abraham who begat Dan, who's tribe took the boats to sea. This one gets real interesting and explains the appearance of reddish golden hair," a flamed" with eyes of sparking blue to gray color and a hammer which struck as lightening. Truth is hidden all around.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:51 pm

I can't believe this thread has been sitting for over a year.

I've done more reading on this, and now I suspect that there is no "God" and "Satan", but instead there is only Satan. In the old Torah, he was the accuser.

However, perhaps more generally his role is not merely the accuser of men and of "God", but the rather the accuser of all the gods. Not sent to lead us away from "God", but rather to lead us away from "The Gods".

He deceives by telling a story that is too good to be true, of an all knowing, all powerful, all loving, and perfectly benevolent deity. He then compares every god on the list against this absurd, impossible ideal, and finds them lacking.

Whenever his god fails to measure up, and never takes action, he blames the intellect of us mere humans. Claims we are too unintelligent to comprehend how this greater-than-perfect god had helped us. (Usually by leaving us to face our problems alone, or even adding to them to "help us grow".)

Once people lose faith in that god, they really have nowhere left to go.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:37 am

8-j wrote:

I've done more reading on this, and now I suspect that there is no "God" and "Satan", but instead there is only Satan. In the old Torah, he was the accuser.

However, perhaps more generally his role is not merely the accuser of men and of "God", but the rather the accuser of all the gods. Not sent to lead us away from "God", but rather to lead us away from "The Gods".

He deceives by telling a story that is too good to be true, of an all knowing, all powerful, all loving, and perfectly benevolent deity. He then compares every god on the list against this absurd, impossible ideal, and finds them lacking.

Whenever his god fails to measure up, and never takes action, he blames the intellect of us mere humans. Claims we are too unintelligent to comprehend how this greater-than-perfect god had helped us. (Usually by leaving us to face our problems alone, or even adding to them to "help us grow".)

Haha 8-j this is very thought provoking writing! Thank you! Stormr

Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:11 am

8-j wrote:

Well put. What drove me out of Adamic religion (Christian, Islam, Jewish) is the fact that so much of the present population and ecological crisis come from FOLLOWING those teachings. The weak are preferred to the strong. As a wise man, dead in prison in 2007 wrote, "The West feeds, they breed, and there is misery to pay."

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:08 am
Site Admin

Yes, a thoughtful thread.

Too often, many people in the modern world, even when they are pagan, still think as Christians do. Remember Odinism, which dates back to the Ice Age, views reality differently.

Gods and goddesses exist throughout the vastness of reality. Our deities exist, and we give them special honor, but many other gods and goddesses exist.

In the Jain religion of India, they believe that gods OUTNUMBER humans. That may be true.

We do not think there are devils, but many gods have dangerous sides.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:32 am

I believe the world has been blessed with the presence of Odin ever since he "dissapeared".

He is the god of rulers and the ones ruling the world today fought alongside Attila the Hun, before they created their own empire in the ashes of the Huns. I am of course talking about the empire between the Caspian Sea and the Black Sea, the Khazar Empire.

The Víkings did a lot of raids against the Muslims and had to travel through Khazar territory and pay fees to be allowed to pass southward.

They also had a couple of axes in the fall of Khazaria not only as Vikings but also as Rhus.

It's very much thanks to the Khazars we did not get flooded by Muslim hoards between 800 and 1200, guarding one of the pathways to Europe through the Caucasus mountains. Letting the Christians take over so they effectively could be infiltrated by the pagan khazars, that migrated north after officially converting to Judaism, this would have made sure that pagans would rule the world under the guise of Judaism and the church.

Osterreich had eleven or twelve successive princes from Khazaria.
The Khazar king, the Khagan, had wives from all states under his rule and as most the Khagan had 32 wives all from countries under his rule.

So what incentive would Odin have for this?

To me it's quite logical; he wants to become immortal and join Balder as living, when the next cycle begins. After all memory is valued higher than thought.

To do this he has to spend energy elsewhere.

Nidlunga Saga Part 3: The Last Bride in Armour
”The entire saga of the Volsungs and the Niflungs had been told by Bragi, the god of Poetry, in Asgardr, by the Well of Origin, as a way of entertaining the Terrifying Giant from the Island of Immortals.
The Lord of the Great Ocean would then return home, inviting the Aesir to his Hall of Immortality, saying that if they could only bring the Cauldron that could hold all the Sacred Mead of the Ocean Rulers…
…They would be welcome in their Hall.
Then the Daughters of the Ocean and the Mothers of the Universe would be the Lights of the Gods, and the Aesir would finally be seated with the Immortal Light Elves of the Three Upper Heavens.”

It seems "The Cauldron" is a name of Odin and as all his names serve a purpose so should this one.

The Nazis and Hitler wouldn't have been able to do sheisse without funding from the same Khazar families that today rule the Bilderberger group. While waging a war on the entire planet the Nazis spent a lot of resources roaming the planet for occult knowledge.

We know the Khazars as Jews, because that's what they want us to believe they are, however whistle blowers from their ranks has called them out as pagans with a Jewish front.

Arthur Koestler shows in his book "The thirteenth tribe" how 90-95% of the Jews today come from Khazaria and not from Israel. The evidence is overwhelming but still they don't teach about this in school.

That would explain why it's Thors day while I'm writing this.

Regards Grimnir

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Filius Thula wrote:
The Red God Thor stood as the north's poster child for resistance to the White God Christ. The choice is an understandable one, as Thor is the most fearsome warrior among the Gods, though I thought it strange at first that Odin was not the God by which the people rallied behind.

There is some great insight in this thread and I have enjoyed reading it. A thought about Odin: Kris Kershaw has done an excellent job of combing through the historical records to outline the special relationship that Alfather has enjoyed with the North. Odin, the Lord of Asgard and the leader of the Einheriar, has been depicted as a God of raids more than a God of strategic battle or defense. I wouldn't go so far as to say that this is a static position, nor would I say that to rally behind one God is not to rally behind others as well, but Thor's famous defense of the common people would make him an ideal symbol of hope for our people. I suspect the God of Raids would simultaneously benefit from keeping wealthy (literally and figuratively) enemies nearby, with war feeding additional Einheriar into Valhalla. His courage is breathtaking, but his strategies are of a very different nature than those of the lone Einheri (Thor).
r

Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:05 am

Grimnir wrote:
I believe the world has been blessed with the presence of Odin ever since he "dissapeared".

He is the god of rulers and the ones ruling the world today fought alongside Attila the Hun, before they created their own empire in the ashes of the Huns. I am of course talking about the empire between the Caspian Sea and the Black Sea, the Khazar Empire.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but until you mentioned this I hadn't really considered the possibility that maybe Odin simply has evolved. Just like any other being, he learns and grows.

Maybe the old Odin we know from the Eddas is gone and the Odin we have now prefers to rule from the shadows?

The Jesus in the bible is basically a Jotun. A very fearful creature, with power not only to kill you, but claiming the power to harm you also in the afterlife.

The perfect guard dog to place at the gate.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:49 am

8-j wrote:
Grimnir wrote:

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but until you mentioned this I hadn't really considered the possibility that maybe Odin simply has evolved. Just like any other being, he learns and grows.

Maybe the old Odin we know from the Eddas is gone and the Odin we have now prefers to rule from the shadows?

The Jesus in the bible is basically a Jotun. A very fearful creature, with power not only to kill you, but claiming the power to harm you also in the afterlife.

The perfect guard dog to place at the gate.

Among Wotan's other names are Svipal (Changer, Shape-Shifter), Grimnr (Hooded One or Masked One), Fjoelnr (Wise Concealer)

Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:35 am

I believe Odin is all about evolving, since learning and applying that knowledge is evolving.

The name "The Cauldron", which I can't see any explanations for, is what I believe is on the current agenda. Changing fates, Immortality and all that.

Being in the shadows implies a mission is in progress.
I bet the OB will be of great help in this.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2