View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Berserkergang 

I'd say that there are not currently Berserkers, at least not any that are known. Why? Because it requires a lot of time to be spent in the wilderness becoming close to nature.
Also, they would be immediately killed or imprisoned in our society.

Maybe some time in the future people will be able to follow the ways of our ancestors again.

Then again I may be wrong. I know some Odinists that have the fury of Berserkers.

Thanks For The Website!

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:43 pm

I agree. We are the only people who CAN bring it back. It is my sincere hope and effort that it our traditions will return. I have dedicated my life towards this.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:22 pm

Right now I have only really been educating people as much as I can because there isn't much more I can do at the moment. However, beginning next spring I will be supporting an Odinist community in Rural British Columbia. That will be my lasting contribution to our people.

One of the members girlfriend is a seer who has agreed to teach about it. This will be so great in itself.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:40 pm

that raging berserker in us, love it! raw, pure and unhinged.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:25 am
Profile YIM WWW

Wondering what happened to the other posts?

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:57 am

Why are all my post being deleted? What now we cant talk of our own heritage on this site?If this is the way of the Odin Brotherhood than I want no part of it.Do you think Father Odin would want this?Would he want us to ignore segments of our heritage?

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:00 pm

BrotherHall wrote:
Why are all my post being deleted? What now we cant talk of our own heritage on this site?If this is the way of the Odin Brotherhood than I want no part of it.Do you think Father Odin would want this?Would he want us to ignore segments of our heritage?

People are always complaining about the trolls here but now a kinsman is being banned for talking about our heritage. What logic is that?

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:22 pm
Site Admin

Several people have access to the administrative controls, but no one is intentionally deleting posts. As has been mentioned elsewhere, the forum is being targeted by spam attacks and we are acting to fight them.

Having said that, I want to repeat, as I have said elsewhere dozens of times, that the Brotherhood is NOT universalist, but it is also NOT a genealogy club. Being born European does NOT make anyone great.

We want individuals to strive.

Note that I used the word individual. A herd is a herd--be it a mob or a nation--and we do not join herds.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:58 am

Agree to disagree I guess.To be born of European Ancestry means you are the kin folk of the Gods and thats what makes it great

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:08 pm

BrotherHall wrote:
Agree to disagree I guess.To be born of European Ancestry means you are the kin folk of the Gods and thats what makes it great

At least that's what the Eddas say. I agree with BrotherHall on this.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:28 am
Site Admin

On this point:

Quote:

Being a brother of a god does not alone make you great. You must strive and achieve.

Edward I of England, one of the most powerful of monarchs, had a fool and a weakling as a son.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:50 am

OdinBrotherhood wrote:
On this point:

Quote:

Being a brother of a god does not alone make you great. You must strive and achieve.

Edward I of England, one of the most powerful of monarchs, had a fool and a weakling as a son.

Sure we still have to strive for excellence. The gods are our examples.
Our Kin has made the most remarkable progress in the history of man. When we really work towards things, we can be great.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:14 am

First off, no person is ever "born great". I believe in the words of my american fore fathers that all men are created equal. People misinterpret that to mean all men are equal and should be treated as such. No, it means the moment we are born we have a set of inherited rights equal to us all AT BIRTH. We are created equal in that we are equally blank slates.

A great man is great through action and spirit. He earns his greatness. He strives everyday to better himself. He constantly gains knowledge but gathering knowledge is useless if he does not actively use it. He is always working himself to death to make the world better. He does not stop trying to reach his full potential because he knows his full potential is godliness and near impossible but he does not stop. He expects others around him to strive for greatness because he wants to world to be better than how it was before he entered it. Most importantly is the difference between a good man and a great man. A good man brags about how great he is. A great man lets others brag about how great he is.

As for the berserking...I believe it still exists. I also believe it in inhereted and not soley a european trait. All humans contain the potential for it. The trigger is the spiritual connection to one's gods or spirits. The physical cause is an over active adrenal gland. Adrenaline has almost magickal results when released into the blood stream. Some people have higher volumes of adrenaline in their gland and when the fight or flight reaction is triggered, a massive amount of adrenaline is released and there is a "amplified" result.

The odinists of the day were known to be able to control this. That was the major difference between them and a normal "hot head" with an adrenal problem. They knew how to coax this reaction up from a steady state and control it. The "adrenaline" rush is man's great equalizer with the physical world of nature. Berserkers had great control and mastery of this and that is a great show of spiritual and physical power.

To describe the feeling of it...

The skin burns as blood rushes through capillaries. Endorphins and adrenaline surge through these dilated vessels. Endorphins are 200 times more powerful than morphine so pain no longer exists. The adrenaline triggers muscle-nerve receptors to activate 100% of the muscle fiber during movement, not the normal 20-40% that humans normally use even during vigorous exercise. Strength and speed is literally at it's maximum physical potential.

In survival mode, blood is pumped to muscles and to vital organs like the heart and lungs. Digestion slows and then stops to reserve blood and energy for the rest of the body. The body is stronger, faster, more efficient, and focused. Eyes dilate to see more. The brain shifts its processes to focus on survival so time seems to slow as all else is wiped from the consiousness except the here and now.

The body is primed for perfection in battle. A superhuman of strength, speed and focus aimed at survival. Survival in this case during battle is based on destroying every threat nearby. Instinct takes over. To the outsider this person seems animalistic, wild...aloof. Their eyes do not seem to have that calm intelligence they would have at a calm state. There is no reasoning.

And personally...the feeling is ecstasy. There is no good way to describe it in words. It is raw power, it is raw freedom, it is the closest to perfection I have ever felt. The down side is when it is over and the guilt of what I had done sets in. The physical tax on the body it takes results in sore muscles, vomiting, and a rush of emotions from the body trying to rebalance a very skewed brain chemistry. There are a few mood swings and sometimes tears. After reaching rest, it becomes hard to stay awake. The results of losing control of such a thing is why I had to go to anger management as a child. Its why I turned to poetry as a teen. It is why I do not take drugs or drink excessively. I maintain control of it because it has almost no place in this modern world. We do not fight in large battles hand to hand. We do not fend off wolves or bears in the wild.

I feel like I have rambled but reminiscing of the release brings back just a touch of that feeling of absolute freedom...so I get excited about it and I'm sorry.

It would be ideal if I could learn to control it like those amazing ancient warriors...to just "turn it on" at will. That part of it may well be lost to the ages.

Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:45 pm

Hail to you Haurus and well met .

my experience with berserkergang is almost the same as that which you have described; ecstasy or blissfull rage, raw power, godhead?, and freedom, if it could be put in words. though i have felt a little silly for reckless actions during the gangr, so far, the feeling of absolute power and bliss outweigh any other feelings. i have not vomitted before, though muscle pain and extreme emotions are affects i have experienced. I have found eachtime bersekergang happens i can control ever slightly more.

Im not saying i have complete control right now or even good control of it at all , but i can imagine what control would be like in that state.. probably how many gods feel all the time. for me, the gangr has great place , even in this age. with that power, you could lay waste to a baneful crowd. Around where i live, people dont get shot much, but lynching or stabbing to death often happen. Besides that, the feeling of bersekergang is ultimate.. if i could could control it, and find a safe and healthy way to feel like that all the time, i would.

Indeed you have rambled, though this is a fourm and they have been enjoyed, so no worries ;-) As well, i understand well your feelings, there is nothing to be sorry for. i actually appreciate you sharing your experience.

Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:10 am

I recently came across an interesting discussion of berserkers that I thought was worth sharing...

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-137093.html

Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:22 am

Haurus, you're words are wisdom. Hopefully you'll return to this place someday...

Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:49 pm

For anyone with ANY interest in the berserkgang, this is the website...

http://www.uppsalaonline.com/uppsala/somafera/

Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:04 pm

This is an excellent resource book on the subject; Ancient Germanic Warriors: Warrior Styles from Trajan's Column to Icelandic Sagas. I have personally read this work and highly recommend it to my friends who are interested in a long term view of the evolution of the Germanic warrior over a 1200+ year timeline.

http://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Germanic- ... 324&sr=1-1

Horns Up...

Thu May 08, 2014 1:28 am

Looks like a great reference, thank you for sharing it Raven_37.

Thu May 08, 2014 2:14 pm

I have to respectfully disagree. Being new to this forum, I have been going over old posts and this is one I need to comment on. Berserkers do exist in this age. First what is the wilderness? The wilderness is the raw environment. It can be the city or the forest any raw environment can suffice for the wilderness. I spent the first 19 years of my life living in the wooded seacoast running the woodlands and in the sea. When I became a man I moved to the city where i became attune with the wilderness of the city. For the past 24 years this has been my life, where soon I will be returning to the island seacoast from which I came. A berserker becomes one with his environment. Second as humans we adapt. Adaptation is conforming to society when needed, this does not mean one can not be a berserker. Berserkergang is the practice of controlling uncontrollable rage and using it when needed. It is a discipline that cannot be mastered by many. The ability to control the berserkergang and use it when called is a most difficult task.

it took me many years of trouble to control and understand my rage. When i was young i struggled with it and was always in trouble with authority. Once i was struck by another I flew into berserkergang rage and fought without control until several of my allies pulled me from my bloodied enemy. My rage was worse on my loved ones because I could not control it, though I never struck them I would smash furniture and punch holes in walls. It was not until a few years ago i discovered the ritual to control berserkergang.

This site may help to understand the berserkergang http://www.uppsalaonline.com/berserk.htm

Ragnvold

Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next