View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Is there an afterlife? 

Is there an Afterlife?

IMO, yes there is an afterlife, it's not one of Crystal Mansions or Fluffy White Clothes. When we die our souls go to Hell.
Some stay there eternity and some don't. I know Hell exist because I been there in my dreams.

I think Christians do people a great Disservice by teaching us Heaven exist. If Heaven really did exist there will
be no need for Hell. Anybody can go to Heaven by converting to Christianity. All you have to do is give your life
over to a simple carpenter.

Sorry if I am rambling I hope I'm making sense.
I can't fathom the idea of Thieves and Beggars receiving the gift of eternal life.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:17 am

When you say "hell" do you mean the Abrahamic religious idea of eternal torment? I absolutely do not believe in such a place.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:37 pm

Gullinbursti12 wrote:
When you say "hell" do you mean the Abrahamic religious idea of eternal torment? I absolutely do not believe in such a place.

When I said "hell" I am talking about Pagan concept of Hell not the Abraham version.
If you read (Dante's Inferno) then you will know it's base off the Odinist afterlife.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:56 pm

Radbod wrote:
Gullinbursti12 wrote:

When I said "hell" I am talking about Pagan concept of Hell not the Abraham version.
If you read (Dante's Inferno) then you will know it's base off the Odinist afterlife.

Understood. I believe in multiple locations for souls after death. I'm also interested in the idea of "reincarnation" or rebirth.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:15 pm
Site Admin

Radbod, our way is not to worry about what happens to "thieves," "beggars," or anyone else. If they survive, so what?

We focus on being noble to share the fellowship with the great.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:22 am

i believe in the traditional idea of the afterlife, and i also believe that our souls will always be moving from one place to another in what can be described as a constant adventure. as for the concept of hell, i dont believe for a moment that anyone will suffer eternal damnation. of course, im not sure which would be a worse place to go to, the christens hell or heaven. i mean, picture it, being with yahweh for an eternity with absolutely nothing to do, other than hear him ***** and moan about how everyone rejects his unconditional love.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:38 pm

Faustus wrote:
i believe in the traditional idea of the afterlife, and i also believe that our souls will always be moving from one place to another in what can be described as a constant adventure. as for the concept of hell, i dont believe for a moment that anyone will suffer eternal damnation. of course, im not sure which would be a worse place to go to, the christens hell or heaven. i mean, picture it, being with yahweh for an eternity with absolutely nothing to do, other than hear him ***** and moan about how everyone rejects his unconditional love.

I believe Lucifer is Yahweh.
Lucifer probably trick the early Christians into worshiping him as a Benevolent God.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:16 am

Radbod wrote:
Is there an Afterlife?

I believe that it does not really matter.

I am not going to live my life in a particular manner just in the hope of some type of reward. I live the way I do and follow the principles and values I do because that is who I am. If there is an afterlife, I'll find out about it eventually, just like everyone else. It's not something I have control over so why worry about it?

Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:39 am

I have walked the Bifrost and gazed my eyes upon Asgard.

But do not take my word for it.

See it for yourself, if you wish.

Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:18 am

I believe that in the afterlife, your soul is never confined to any one plane. But it can be banned from certain planes if you don't meet their requirements.

Some people live their life in such a manner that no good plane will have them, and so they are left to choose from the bad ones, which admit any and all.

This view might be totally incorrect, however. Hel was able to confine Baldr on her plane.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:15 am

If you believe in Helheim, do you also believe in Walhalla and/or Niflheim?

Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:59 pm
Site Admin

Let me be clear here: the Odin Brotherhood teaches that there is an afterlife, but it is NOT about rewards or punishments. On the other side, there are other worlds. Like this side, you must struggle there to be great.

Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:02 am

I think care should be made we do not consider what is after so much so that we ignore what we do everyday.

Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:39 am

Live in the moment with an eye to the future, strive today to be better and make good decisions.
Tomorrow rise and repeat.

Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:54 pm

I will try to let you know when I get there if I am before you...

There is absolutely an afterlife in one utterly indisputable way:

Cattle die, kindred die,
Every man is mortal:
But the good name never dies
Of one who has done well
Havamal 76

Cattle die, kindred die,
Every man is mortal:
But I know one thing that never dies,
The glory of the great dead
Havamal 77

Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:06 pm

Thank you for your verse. It reflects my thoughts :)

Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:48 am

I wonder if there are any writings in the lore that mention the dead seeing our actions. For instance, when we do something in honor of them. The cosmos is so large, how would they be able to? I don't know.

Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:07 am

sweinodinsson wrote:
I wonder if there are any writings in the lore that mention the dead seeing our actions. For instance, when we do something in honor of them. The cosmos is so large, how would they be able to? I don't know.

It would be a comforting thought and sometimes I wonder. Highly doubted. I would not long for death, or seek companionship in its' halls.

Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:15 am

Baleyg wrote:
sweinodinsson wrote:

It would be a comforting thought and sometimes I wonder. Highly doubted. I would not long for death, or seek companionship in its' halls.

I like what you said and something Tyrsman said about living this life and not worrying about the afterlife until you get there.
A friend of mine and I talked about this today and he was telling me a video he watched on YouTube from some religious guy talking about how Christians ultimate goal is to go to heaven and how most focus on that. Then he said, "If you are just living to die, why don't you just kill yourself and get on with it." Something to that effect.

Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:51 pm

Many people exist, some know how to survive, what we really have to learn is how to live

Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next