View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
The idea of community 

I'm not talking about a hippie commune or right wing compound.
I am also not talking about members of the brotherhood giving up their anonymity.
1.)What I am saying is that we need to learn to do business with other Odinists.
2.)People within the open Odinist organizations need to be working on media for the younger generations.
3.)Beyond that, we need to learn to stay close to nature.
4.)Finding ways to be independent of Chinese gadgets and Oil.

It is good that there are open groups such as the AFA and the Odinic Rite. This makes it easier for Odinists to get to know others in their area.

The Odin Brotherhood with its secret membership is good for all of this because if no one knows who is who, they could be in places to spur it along within different organizations and geographical areas.

There are more Odinists out there than people think. I am in a rural/suburban area. I never would have thought that there would be 20 members of an Odinist group within an hours drive from me.

Why settle for how things ARE when people could move in a better direction. I would say that building bonds with our folk would be a good thing.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:36 pm

There aren't many Aesir, yet they have their own realm. I am just talking about a "sense of community" with no bounds.
Jews have done it for thousands of years...look at where they are at.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:37 pm

Yes, the jews they have their own nation state now but they had to suffer through the holocaust first; and they are constantly attacked in their own country even now.

I do agree, however, that an Odinist nation-state would be great. I believe it would be possible in only a few generations if we had an organized migration to.... Iceland. They have an officially recognized Asatru religion that receives state funding through their religion tax. Look up Ásatrúarfélagið. They are relatively small compared to the christians but as of 2016 they have 3101 registered members in Iceland, a country of 330,000. The Ásatrúarfélagið even have their own asatru temple, can preform legal marriages, naming ceremonies and even have their own burial ground. The foundations for an open Odinist community already exists in Iceland. Additionally, even though only 3,101 of the population "register" as asatruar, a huge number of people "registered" as christian still believe in the old ways and connected background beliefs, e.g., over half the population believe in nature spirits, elves, trolls, etc..... If any place in the world is ripe for a large Odinist community to spring forth, its Iceland. And heck, their ancestors were viking explorers anyways.

Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:16 pm

that doesn't happen overnight.I say a "communitu within a community" meaning: your next door neighbor is an athiets, across the street he is a Buddhist, across the street is a Jew....so yu drvie 10 miles down the road to do business with an Odinistl
Your nect dppr neighbor needs food,but so does the odinist 10 miles downthe road....so you drive 10 miles down the road. This is a community within a community with no bounds. peoplecan sit around and complain and say ideas are too far fetched?
Im not about sittinghere contemplating.Getoff your lazy asses and bring more unities andsense of community.
I do it and Im no buddy. Who are you? A defeatist? I don't think so.

Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:59 pm

I think most of us here would agree with supporting other Odinists but for me there are a couple of conditions that must exist first:

-They must offer a service or product that I want.
-I have to know they are Odinist.

The first is not particularly difficult, everyone needs things. A good merchant will find his or her niche in their market. If they offer a good product at a fair price and can meet even minimal customer service standards they will attract business.

The Odinist, or even just pagan, issue presents a more difficult aspect. Most of my local pagan comunity seems to try just a little to hard at being pagan if you know what I mean. They go out of their way to be "in the face" of the social norm. It's hard for me to feel a sense of kinship with someone I can't take seriously. If I think you're playing at being a Viking in order to fulfill some immature fantasy, to rebel against the establishment, or to try to attract the business of a specific demographic, I'm going to have as little to do with you as possible.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:39 am

Norse Storm Dragon wrote:
Our time will come. Be patient.

Gods, I hope so.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2