View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Ragnarok? 

So there has been a very unusual thing happen, that happened all over the world. it has happened multiple times. I myself heard it last year (2014). it has been heard a few times a year since 2012, world wide. here is a link to the sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLIyh_L0_M8 (if you go to: 4:25 on the video that is how it sounded when i heard it)

I thought it was the military base because its super close and often makes lots of sound (normally familiar trumpeting though) but it happened for a few nights around the same time then stopped.

Could this be the sound of Heimdall's horn echoing through the World-Tree? I am not a end timer person, I don't have super prepper gear or anything. I'm just adding this in to let you guys know I'm not perpetually waiting for the end of the world.

This has been very intriguing to me and this is one of my theories. But if it is Heimdall's horn, what does that mean for us? how long do the gods and giants etc fight before they end up in Midgard?

If it is, there isn't anything we can do about it really.

Sorry for the end-timey post, not trying to ruin anyone's day.

-Vitki

Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:33 am

Possibly this?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program

Prior to the end we will experience the long winter, so although it cannot be completely ruled out, I do not think Ragnarok is imminent.

Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:16 pm

From the very little I know in this field, I believe these occurrences may be as a result of atmospheric changes i.e. warm/cold air and the way the molecules that make up the atmosphere are charged. I remember reading a paper more specifically about what makes the aurora borealis et al what it is and the possible occurrence of noise.

Relevant or not - ? Storm

Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:02 pm

Hm. I wonder what it is. I think that is not the aurora borealus, because it cause a world wise news event. It if was that, then I think it would be more common. To make myself clear, I'm not saying it was Heimdall's horn, just wondering if it could be. Thanks for your replies too!

-Vitki

Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:31 am
Site Admin

The sounds are quite interesting.

Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:41 pm

I'm not sure that most of the sounds are the same. It would be more interesting, if they were the same type of sound. I think that some of the clip was actually dubbed sound for effect or a hoax. A few of them are fairly straight forward.

In a couple cases they were near waterways or the ocean. It is very similar to when you can see a ship over the horizon. In most cases, the cloud cover was hazy and low. There is a good chance that a distant ship was sounding a horn, yet carrying unusually far. In other cases, it had the same tunnel effect that you get with a horn. It reminded me of how tunnels of a highway sound when large trucks pass through or wind gusts hit them. There is a good possibility some of them were highway noises.

The one sounded much like a wale. It is possible that it carried from a distance too, but I would assume it was actually just dubbed in. I do think the great winter is not far off. It might still be 50 years, but the weather is getting out of control. I don't see us hitting 2100 without some major event unfolding. If we were lucky, it would be the end. The likely case is that we simply messed up badly and suffer through it with no divine attribute for comfort or justification.

Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:43 am

Every generation says it's the end of days. It's not been the case so far. And even if it is, there's nothing we can do to stop it. So I personally don't worry about it. I just thought it was an interesting theory I had.

Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:00 am
Site Admin

Ragnarök cannot be stopped, but it can be delayed.

In our lore, it is clearly stated that as long as the Odin Brotherhood exists, Ragnarök will NOT begin.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:08 am

As the veil that separates our world from the Otherworlds gradually thins, these occurrences will only become more and more common.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:33 am

We need to remember that the US is not the centre of the world. The earth is a massive place and we need to look beyond borders to what is happening.

April 24th http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stor ... sland.html

April 25th http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/2 ... 41944.html

These are only two events that are happening around us that no one has any control over. The earth and the gods are not happy with us.

Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:08 am

Norse Storm Dragon wrote:
We need to remember that the US is not the centre of the world.

You speak as if we are all from the United States! But I'm inclined to agree with your statement regarding the gods. It's understandable, given the way our modern civilizations destroy the planet. But one can also speculate whether this is punishment, 'crowd-control' or warnings.

Fri May 01, 2015 2:06 am

Galskap, like you I am also not from the US. It would be close to a majority who are. Sometimes, it is good to be reminded to look outward.

Fri May 01, 2015 4:14 am

Norse Storm Dragon wrote:
Galskap, like you I am also not from the US. It would be close to a majority who are. Sometimes, it is good to be reminded to look outward.

Yes indeed.

Fri May 01, 2015 4:15 am

According to Jack Wolf's book, Óðinn can be found wherever an Eye of Óðinn is present. I have no doubt that the gods are still around, but I do wonder what has been happening since the rise of Christianity. I wonder if their power is truly limited where belief is small. What has been going on in Ásgarðr and Vanaheimr since the rise of Christianity?

This is because in the Eddas, the gods and the Jötnar take direct involvement in all the goings on in the Nine Worlds, including physically taking part in some wars and battles. But so far as I know, no new Eddas or reportings on the gods have been written. The legends of the Odin Brotherhood are the most recent.

Mayhaps the Æsir have more limited access to Miðgarðr because of the Christ-God, or since Jesus is alleged to be a Roman fabrication, by the Þursar (Jötnar born of Mímir's feet). It would be just what the Þursar would do to overthrow the worship of the Æsir, to motivate men and women to embrace a false religion and forsake the gods of our forebears.

This is speculation, but I would imagine that Ragnarök would not go down until there are a substantial amount of Asatruar, perhaps a few Asatru nations.

Fri May 01, 2015 9:34 pm

There are some who believe that Ragnarok is already here and that we teeter upon the edge of the abyss.

Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:04 am
Site Admin

A great site for good information on bad things:

https://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/

Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:00 am

Where I live the weather has changed quite radically. The land has begun to change and the world is beginning to shift.
It is not as though we have not been warned of this. Fools continue along as though there is no problem. They will see soon enough that there are troubles aplenty when their homes burn, their land is swept away or their children die of starvation before their very eyes.

Best for those -of-us-who-know to make sure that the lore they preserve is well protected. Many human- herd animals will die in this cleansing. Be sure you are not one of the ones to be swept under. The Lore demands that we keep it safe. The Widow has expectations of us.

Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:59 pm

Tajna wrote:
Where I live the weather has changed quite radically. The land has begun to change and the world is beginning to shift.
It is not as though we have not been warned of this. Fools continue along as though there is no problem. They will see soon enough that there are troubles aplenty when their homes burn, their land is swept away or their children die of starvation before their very eyes.

Best for those -of-us-who-know to make sure that the lore they preserve is well protected. Many human- herd animals will die in this cleansing. Be sure you are not one of the ones to be swept under. The Lore demands that we keep it safe. The Widow has expectations of us.

Tajna - you and I read from the same page. I have been saying exactly this for some time. We need to ensure that we are strong enough and learned enough to get through this. Storm

Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:28 pm

The beginnings of Ragnarok are already here I think. Perhaps these are warnings that if we learn from them we have a chance of changing things for the better.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:24 am

Tajna wrote:

They'll convince themselves it was just bad luck.

Quote:

It's true that the herd has gotten too big. However I feel badly whenever I see herd animals suffer. They don't know enough to choose their own fate. Some perhaps are herd animals by choice when they should be leaders. In that case they would deserve what they get. (Admitting that I have born the shame of following that path myself.)

True herdlings, though, are basically incapable of being anything other than what they are. The same as an actual horse or cow. For them to act as leaders is against nature. They truly belong as followers.

The modern decadence is due to people acting against nature. The race of thralls has a place in nature. They just need to stay in that place.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next