View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Giants of Fire 

Hello Folks,

Sorry for my english but i will try hard to explain one of my theories. Our ancestors and the people that have lived in their regions hae always been up north where the weather is relatively more cold and therefore the presence and the felling of the Ice giants should be more closely.

As many others people from the brotherhood right now i live in south america in one area where has been always famous for having a way hotter weather than any other place. Cnsidering not even in the stories of the tribes that lived there is no ice figure(perhaps because there wanst any ice since the glacial time).

Perhaps the other kind of Giants, the Fire ones being more active here and it passed unoted mainly because our ancestors never really reached this region on our golden era like during the Viking society?

It might make no sense at all but i tried my best to explain, please leave your thoughts...never saw soemone discussing it anywehre also

Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:38 pm

The giants, whether fire or ice, are bringers of chaos. Their influence can be seen wherever the elements bring destruction.

Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:28 pm

Would Fire Giants have caused the mass of fires set along the north west corner of united states? If so they have ****** me off now.

Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:55 pm

Vanir21 wrote:
Would Fire Giants have caused the mass of fires set along the north west corner of united states? If so they have ****** me off now.

It's possible but I attribute it more to mismanagement by federal government. They place too many restrictions on the people who have a vested interest in proper management of the land. Properly managed grazing and logging help maintain a healthy ecosystem. They're getting better but too slowly in my opinion. Decades of a Smokey the Bear mentality that saw the extinguishing of ALL wild fires led to wild lands accumulating fuel - diseased trees and thick undergrowth that would have otherwise be cleansed through wildfires. Instead, the natural fires were extinguished, the logging industry was decimated, and ranchers were severely restricted in their abilities to graze stock animals. The fuel that accumulated now results in massive fires of such intensity that forests and rangeland are destroyed instead of cleansed and nourished.

My annual antelope hunt went up in smoke this year as the Soda fire incinerated over 280,000 acres of my primary hunting area. The land will recover but it will take much longer than it should have to. The federal government, in an attempt to protect the sage grouse has killed not only thousands of ravens, crows and magpies by poisoning them, and put countless ranchers into bankruptcy because they had to buy feed for their herds instead of grazing them on historical range lands, but they ended up roasting so manyof those sage grouse that they'll probably being placed on the endangered species list. No. I don't think we need fire giants to cause chaos, we seem to be quite capable of messing things up well enough on our own.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:44 am

I have had nothing but positive interactions with Surtr- king of the fire Jotuns... From destruction comes new growth.

And to say "All Giants..." is likewise to say "All Humans..."

Each one is individual, each one has Lore. Some are kind to humans, some not. I would try not to accidentally offend a being of greater power than myself by withholding my respect, but also, I would not enter the "home" of a being to which I was not invited, either.

Angrboda is a Jotun who seems to like specific people and aversion to most, as an example. Skadi is a giant, as is Tyr and Loki.

All good things to keep in mind when speaking of Giants/Jotunr.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:10 am

Yes, we have lost alot to fire this year and many people are out risking their lives to help control and hopefully put it out soon. Many lives, homes, animals, vegetation and clean air, environment, hunting and fishing trips, vacations, lost. It saddens us whatever the cause of it. Wonder what our ancestors thought of it. Perhaps it was as Fire Giants. These fires do seem to take on a life of their own. We used to make a "back fire" to take the oxygen away and put it out. I'm sure they've tried everything. Eitherway, my condolences for the losses.

Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]