View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
A wolf in sheppards clothing 

Today my eyes were opened to some surprising possibilities in the form of a question.

"Consider this.

A Catholic priest who in spite of his title is actually an Odinist, now go one step further and imagine said priest suggests reading certain books when a member of his church that has the potential to live by the old ways seeks council about their doubts concerning Christianity or said person starts exhibiting certain fundamentalist ideas he gives advice in favor of more moderate ones.

What would you take away from such ideas ?"

I was asked this question by a local Catholic priest in his early 60's at a local pub I frequent, the way he said with it with vaguely mischievous is what got my attention. The best answer I had at that moment was "One should always give consideration to words of your elders" he of course just smiled and continued to sip his beer.

Given the fact that he knows about my beliefs I think it just reaffirms the importance of secrecy and remembering that things aren't always as they seem, makes me wonder if a few words from an old trickster might have contributed to my ex girlfriend and her parents all of whom were members of his church being rather accepting.

I think I've had the benefit of some wise words today and that there might be few surprising friends out there yet to reveal themselves.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:40 pm

War'heri - this is indeed a very interesting tale and one that made me smile also. I believe that we have more 'friends' who are also waiting than we give credit to. Stormr

Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:14 pm

I agree with Storm, it would appear you have come across an unexpected ally. I'm not surprised that this came from a Catholic priest, they are, in my opinion, pagans who refuse to accept the fact. They've co-opted so many of our traditions I wouldn't wonder that some of them would take a such a path.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:33 am
Site Admin

If he is as he appears, most interesting.

I have encountered many in deep cover, but never that deep.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:53 pm

OdinBrotherhood wrote:
If he is as he appears, most interesting.

I have encountered many in deep cover, but never that deep.

It definitely has me surprised

Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]