View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Morning and Evening Devotions 
No longer a member

Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:16 pm
I hail and honor the Gods/esses and my ancestors every morning and every evening. With that I include the Mother Earth, the Spirits of the land, trees, rocks, animals and birds. And I thank them for a 'Glorious day'.

When I have time I go out to the little spot on my property, a small clearing in the trees, and meditate and ask for the wisdom, strength, courage and fortitude to become a better warrior for my folk.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:35 am

Devotions can be quite personal, but as a general rule it benefits more than not to greet and farewell each day by hallowing yourself, your family, and your home. I think it can prove challenging to those who do not know to understand hallowing. I would venture a reminder about the Shrouded-One-Of-Odin, an ancestor, who appeared to her children. We are often closer to our ancestors and to the world we live in. The Aesir and Vanir are real and they visit regularly, but it behooves us to not beg an audience before we have sufficiently prepared. The ancestors and wights answer our calls as well, and we often benefit from their council and experience. In agreement with Haggis' hailing and honouring the Aesir and Vanir I suggest sincere reverence... and also just plain sincerity. For more casual discussion it stands to reason that one may address the ancestors and the wights more commonly, as the need or desire arises.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:15 am

This might sound strange but my morning and evening showers I take have in some way become part of my rituals concerning these matters as they are the best times for me to meditate and think

Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:07 pm

War'heri wrote:
This might sound strange but my morning and evening showers I take have in some way become part of my rituals concerning these matters as they are the best times for me to meditate and think

Not at all strange, I do exactly the same thing. I find the running water to be very conducive to clearing my head and blocking out distracting thoughts.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]