View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
The State of Freedom 

The state of freedom is not America, Norway, Switzerland, or any other country. The state of freedom is a state of mind.

I got on here to post this and started looking at another thread where I saw something BjornBerserk said that relates to this post: "Racists and White Supremacists? The boogeyman man of our age! Sounds more like label to slap on any man or woman with the courage do care about ancestry both culturally and biologically. Every other race seems to get the concept of self preservation why can't white europeans?

I would much rather a local criminal element because they are of mine where the others are not. It's simple. Besides most things that are considered a crime exist only to give a monopoly to the faceless state.

Drugs laws for pharmaceutical corporations
Agricultural laws for farming corporations
Violence is monopolized by the state to protect their sources of income YOU the tax payer longer enough for you to be a useful slave and die a death spending your life savings on medication that does not work. There is no justice or honor within the system so why call anyone who does not obey theaws a criminal?
I will steal when I am hungry, I will seeky own justice, I will possess the items I wish to possess. A free man can at times be synonymous with criminal.
"

I have been thinking a lot lately about politics and how I can not seem to escape them. I am surrounded by people who think that politics are so important and have the potential for utopia. I wonder when they will realize that politics are the problem?

I made the acquaintance of a very nice lady from Norway not too long ago. I was driving her family to the park while they were here visiting. We were getting to know each other, and a mutual friend with a smirk on his face looked at both of us and brought up politics, knowing that we were going to disagree. First we talked about how things are in America from each of our unique perspectives. Then we spoke about Norwegian politics, each from our own perspective.
We agreed on some things in both countries. I explained that I don't think much of any government. She said, "Yes, but if I have to live under the rule of anyone, I would much rather it be a country like Norway than America." I admit that what I know of Norway, they have some great things going for them that America should be adopting. I told her that at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. No matter what laws are in place or who is in charge, I am going to do what I want to do anyways.

I have a couple "mission statements" for my life, such as: "To produce more than I consume."
I have finally realized what my purpose is: TO BE FREE. Whatever that looks like for me. One quote that comes to mind as I have been thinking about freedom over the past several days is, "Self-reliant, a member of the Odin Brotherhood would rather steal than accept charity." That is freedom, to be sure. What if I get caught and go to prison? Don't get caught and don't go to prison. Those are choices you make. If you don't choose to be a part of the system, then how could you possibly choose to let someone lock you away? That is a simplistic look at that statement. I think a great way of looking at is the what I quoted of BjornBerserk above in the bold.

To a free man, I just don't think politics mean a thing. If you think that Americans or Norwegians, either one are "free", then we disagree on the very definition of freedom. I really believe that "free man" and "barbarian" are synonyms.

Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:23 pm

Liking the post probably sums up what most if not everyone in this forum feels.
Unfortunately, with the passing of new frontiers, those dissatisfied with their government or lot in life can no longer up sticks and move out to pastures New without running into similar issues they wanted to leave behind. Perhaps when our great grandkids are alive the boffins with have worked out the major issues with space travel and finally open up new frontiers to populate and give humans an option other than "like it or lump it".

Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:08 am

Skygge wrote:
Liking the post probably sums up what most if not everyone in this forum feels.
Unfortunately, with the passing of new frontiers, those dissatisfied with their government or lot in life can no longer up sticks and move out to pastures New without running into similar issues they wanted to leave behind. Perhaps when our great grandkids are alive the boffins with have worked out the major issues with space travel and finally open up new frontiers to populate and give humans an option other than "like it or lump it".

Thank you for your reply. I have thought the same thoughts. I have looked worldwide to where I could move to. I have looked at the freest countries and the freest states in the US. I have thought about how one day we may settle other planets...but as the saying goes, "Wherever you go, there you are." This is why "freedom is not a state, but a state of mind."
Growing up in America we always hear, "Freedom isn't free." "There is a price to freedom." These words are usually made in reference to the sacrifice of our servicemen and women. The last thing I would want to do is to take away from any of their sacrifices, because I have the utmost respect for them...but the US has not fought a war for OUR freedom in a very long time (in my personal opinion, not trying to start a debate).

So what is the cost of freedom for each individual? I imagine for each individual it will be a different cost. We can not ride off the coat tails of our ancestors. We have to do our own deeds and secure our own freedom. I am not advocating any sort of war. I am advocating people look inside themselves and ask,"What do I have to do to be free? free of my mortgage free of the government breathing down my neck, free of debilitating stress?" To anyone who reads this, ask yourself what you must do to truly be free.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]