View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:23 am



Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
New Book: The Thornish Path by Jack Wolf 
Author Message

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:42 pm
Posts: 566
Wotan's Late Harvest wrote:
BigCountry wrote:
Fand wrote:

Why am I here? Not because of some foolish dream of joining a secret society. If the self initiation rite is really all their is, well, I don't need to initiate into the brotherhood to pledge my oath to the gods and my ancestors. Indeed, I have done so years ago, and have not forgotten.
I am here because of the quality of the discussions here. I don't need to know or trust someone to know when something makes sense.
The OB lists decent reading material, but other than that, there isn't a whole lot of input from them here on the forum, unless some of the members posting on here happen to be "them". Otherwise, this forum seems largely to be the product of all our collective effort. And that's fine. I don't have problem with this being just another Odinist forum, but the depth and quality of the conversations on Odinism are definitely better here than elsewhere.

That is why I was here years ago. I think now I am just here out of habit and to try and steer conversations more in the direction of things that actually have to do with the Brotherhood. If you haven't already, go through and find conversations from 2009 to 2013. I still go through and do that and find new things.


I'm new here. What would you say is most lacking now. (Besides more participation)


More or less the forum is for people seeking within the mysteries presented in the Jack Wolf and Mirabello books who from ti,e to time post questions for Brotherhood members and search for clues from other seekers. You won't find alot of mundane talk but I gurantee if you find a topic worth discussing these boards will light up.


Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:25 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:57 am
Posts: 25
Wotan's Late Harvest wrote:
BigCountry wrote:
Fand wrote:

Why am I here? Not because of some foolish dream of joining a secret society. If the self initiation rite is really all their is, well, I don't need to initiate into the brotherhood to pledge my oath to the gods and my ancestors. Indeed, I have done so years ago, and have not forgotten.
I am here because of the quality of the discussions here. I don't need to know or trust someone to know when something makes sense.
The OB lists decent reading material, but other than that, there isn't a whole lot of input from them here on the forum, unless some of the members posting on here happen to be "them". Otherwise, this forum seems largely to be the product of all our collective effort. And that's fine. I don't have problem with this being just another Odinist forum, but the depth and quality of the conversations on Odinism are definitely better here than elsewhere.

That is why I was here years ago. I think now I am just here out of habit and to try and steer conversations more in the direction of things that actually have to do with the Brotherhood. If you haven't already, go through and find conversations from 2009 to 2013. I still go through and do that and find new things.


I'm new here. What would you say is most lacking now. (Besides more participation)

I am glad that you started educating yourself as soon as you got here. This forum becomes a broken record sometimes of people who don't even have a basic concept of what the Odin Brotherhood is. Sometimes people get on here who just want to write things for the world to see but have no interest in the Brotherhood itself, or else they want to be spoon fed everything.


Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:32 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:18 am
Posts: 323
I would be interested in Wolf's thoughts on the parallels between the Thornish Path and the Brotherhood. It seems strange for him to not address this topic in his book, given his privileged viewpoint and his stated purposes for writing.
r


Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:28 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.