View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
old childrens book 

Hopeful one of you has run accrossed this book.- I rescently remembered an old book my grandfather used to read me. Was beautifully illistrated with Dragon headed long ships and beautiful calligrafy of an old viking tale, but I don't remember what it was named or the story,. Was thin , blue cloth covered with gold embossed words. Couldve been about Eric the Red or Beowulf. I do remeber it scared me a little and he used his accent alot reading it, so must have had folk words in it. Pehaps it was Danish. The drawings on inside were in black and red. Yep, blood in a children's book. Monster's in the sea too, I think. I hope more comes to me as I think on it. Let me know if you've seen one. Was from 1940's or so. Bought for my mother.
Was lost in moving 30 years ago along with two copies of the Eddas his mother brought one from Norway. The Eddas were over a hundred years old in 1964.

Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:32 am

It's probably a longshot but do these look familiar?

I can't seem to find a picture of the cover with the dragonship but I'm certain I remember there being one as part of the series, perhaps an older edition.

Bookhouse covers

These are illustrations from the books:

My Bookhouse - Siegfried

My Bookhouse - Nibelungen

Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:15 am

Thank you, Tyrsman, sorry for my abscence. Not a match but does help me narrow things down. Recently realized it may've been old norse my grandfather spoke. The pics wwhere more primative. I will let you know when i find it. Thanks again for your research.

Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]