View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
"The Witch" 

Although not Odinist I found this pagan movie very satisfying and complex on later viewings. Even finding a movie worth a second watch created recently is a pleasant anomaly.

Without spoilers, the plot consists of a puritan family living lives of pure hypocrisies and scapegoating their eldest daughter by virtue of their discomfort with her reaching puberty and the realization of their fears that unseen pagan forces are destroying their lives instead of taking responsibility for their own misdeeds and prejudices.

The movie has a few cringe-worthy moments, but overall I would place it into the same genre and category as "Pan's Labyrinth".

I have found people who like the one movie like the other just as well... and although it is in English, much is missed unless you find a copy with subtitles. On my first watching I did without subtitles and missed great bits of dialogue. The colonial accent is thick enough to be difficult to hear without subtitles.

I would be interested on your opinions as well...

Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:03 am

Will add it to my watch list haven't had much time for movies lately, got a new pitbull and I swear that dog has some kind of "he's doing nothing, it's playtime" sense

Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:44 pm

War'heri wrote:
Will add it to my watch list haven't had much time for movies lately, got a new pitbull and I swear that dog has some kind of "he's doing nothing, it's playtime" sense

My pitbull cross is the same. Pit/Border collie. No end of energy!

Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:45 pm

Tyrienne wrote:
War'heri wrote:

My pitbull cross is the same. Pit/Border collie. No end of energy!

Haha it's almost imposible that your dog wouldn't be extremely active I've never seen a lazy Collie, my pitbull is a pure breed blue nose and he makes my beagle look lazy even in her younger days

Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:02 pm

War'heri wrote:

Haha it's almost imposible that your dog wouldn't be extremely active I've never seen a lazy Collie, my pitbull is a pure breed blue nose and he makes my beagle look lazy even in her younger days

...Which is why we rescued a husky to keep her company. She outpaces even him...

Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]