View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
The Story of Gisli the Outlaw 

THE STORY OF GISLI THE OUTLAW
Translated by: George Webbe Dasent
Edited by: Karen M. P. Carlson
Kindle Edition

This was a very interesting read that will be read again in a more studious way. One thought in mind as I read this in a day was, "The only difference between a king an outlaw is luck." It was interesting to read about magic, runes being carved on a staff, and a reference to the VOLSUNGASAGA about customs of revenge. There is some mention about Berserker/Ulfhedinn. Knowing the whole story, I don't feel that Gisli should have been outlawed.
It is interesting how in both the VOLSUNGASAGA and in GISLIS SAGA how the main characters both sought secret refuge in earth houses. This must be different than a turf house, because they seemed covert.

On another note, this is the only outlaw saga that I have read. I read something online written about this forum that it is mostly outlaws here. This makes me think that the author of such nonsense should read more sagas and think before they pass along such nonesense. If anyone here be an outlaw of the same ilk as Gisli then we should be friends.

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]