View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
The Seed of Yggdrasill 

The Seed of Yggdrasill - Deciphering the Hidden Messages in Old Norse Myths by Maria Kvilhaug

Whether your an academic or mystic, this book has something for you.

Maria kvilhaug is a genius, like some sort of daughter of the deities .
She gives the gift of the hidden meaning and value of the northern myths and presents them as an authentic wisdom tradition comparable to that of the Greeks and Hindoos.
She does this in a very scholarly, philosophical and reasonable fashion.
Her book, a tome, ande key to understanding the Norse "bible" if it were, the hymns of the poetic Edda .
By translating the names of the eddic characters she deciphers the allegories which pertain to Creation and the cultivation and evolution of the soul.

The seed of yggdrasil is the best I've come across in regards to the edda lore, it provides a wholesome application for those whose pursuits are mundane as well as those who pursue the arcane.
a hefty read, somewhere around 800 pages and costs around 100$ ( worth every penny).
Check out her youtube podcasts if you will, all of which and more is included in her book.

The gods are real but the myths shouldn't be taken at face value, for those who would know.

Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:27 pm

north,
That review made me want to get a copy. I am sure it will be my next buy. Thanks.

Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:44 pm

I will look into it. Thank you for the recommendation.
r

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:57 am

You are both most welcome.
I'm still reading and I find it illuminating every time I do so. Many of the why's, what's, and how's which are asked on this forum are analyzed and answered in depth in that work.. Seemed fit

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:35 pm

I was able to get the Kindle edition for $50.65 USD today.

Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:23 pm

I am slowly reading this. This is the same person who has the Lady of the Labyrinth YouTube channel.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:40 pm

I did purchase it and have skimmed through the book and then I started with the last chapter and am working my way through it.
r

Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:25 pm

I find her insight and understanding of the lore truly amazing. I am only a few chapters into the book but I have already found many things that I had only suspected confirmed. She also offers up several concepts that I had not even considered.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]