View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Freyja, Flowers and Fertility Magic 

Wherever she walks, flowers bloom;
Beautiful fragrances wafting through the air.
Their beautiful colors adorning the green forests
Like rubies, diamonds, and sapphires exquisitely set among the leaves.

Flowers are the sex organs of the plant. When the plant is fertile, it blooms, exuding it's beautiful nectar and focusing all the energy it can spare into the delicate show of soft petals. After the plant has been fertilized, the rosy bloom is dropped, but it is not dead; no, it is not the end of the flower's life, but only a stage in an endless cycle. Deep within the recesses of the bloom is where the seed has begun to develop. The petals fall away, but the deep area grows proud and bulbous, round and ripe until it is time for it to burst forth and release the seeds-- fruit-children of the flower; with care and luck they grow into more flowers and the singular bloom that once was begets many more beautiful flowers.

Such is the way of life. Such is the way of Freyja. Honor her by pollinating your own blooms and creating many beautiful things, whether you take the metaphor more literally or more figuratively, it pleases the gods.

For fertility magic, I keep many flowers around my home. I care for them, feed them, help them grow and protect them so that the blooms become sumptuous and vivacious. Laypeople believe I am an ordinary flower-keeper. I am not. I am acting as Freyja to gain her attention and respect so that she may imbue me with her ability to create prolific and splendid life.

Magic, you see, needn't be limited to special rituals that take a few moments and require a few esoteric lines burned within a sacred flame-- although that is certainly magic. Magic is what you make it. Mine has taken great care and many months, and the act still progresses. My flowers have grown exponentially. What were once withered stems are now lush, full plants. May we all grow as lush and full as the flowers. Once the winter comes, we must also remember, what once was shall return in the spring.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:51 am

Quote:
Magic, you see, needn't be limited to special rituals that take a few moments and require a few esoteric lines burned within a sacred flame-- although that is certainly magic. Magic is what you make it.

This. ^^^^^^^

Anyone who tells you you have to get into garb and do all the pomp and circumstance to do magic (not magick, magick is for wiccans)

Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:58 pm

A beautifully, poetic post Skogkatt.

I also commune with Freyja through flower gardening. I have some flowers that are easy to grow and others that take time, care and great patience to produce the most beautiful, fragrant blooms. Although I honor her with all of my gardening, I created a special rose garden dedicated to Freyja. I meditate in her rose garden at least once a week. I can feel her presence the strongest in that sacred space.

Another way I honor Freyja is by knitting baby blankets while communing with her. One of my friends runs a shelter for young mothers and I gift these beautiful women with blankets created while honoring Freyja. I fold petals from the roses of Freyja's garden into the blanket and tie the blanket with a golden ribbon. This is not done for charity, but to share the goddess with those who have yet to recognize her.

I am a new member here, but you are not new to me as I have been studying the posts on the forum for quite some time now. Thank you for sharing in this forum. I will learn a great deal from you.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:04 pm

Beautiful post, Skogkatt.

SacredRowan, welcome to the forum :)

I've been working the last of the winter days to plan a new flower garden for Freyja as well. I'm going to do a wildflower garden with native species, like my grandmother once had.

It was refreshing to read about flowers..I am anxious for the spring. :)

Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:59 pm

Adding beauty to the world, and generously gifting that which you add are signs of greatness.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:37 am

Freya, Godess of fertility and sexuality has a beautiful ritus with nude worshippers. It's an unforgetable experience!

Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]