View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Meditation 

Of late i'm having some problems meditating properly and getting connected well. Is there any advice you can offer?

Thanks,

-Defender

Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:57 pm

I have been interested in David Lynch's support of transendental meditation, yet via online research it seems to be either a cult or a scam.

If something is supposed to be beneficial, free, and requires no apparatus to begin, I suspect it's validity as soon as I am asked to pay money to be taught it.

If once can share a delicious recipe for free- why not something that is more profound?

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:07 pm

Hail,

Transcendatal meditation is good in my opinion. I sell a product online and also have a following online. I have a guide I wrote that requires the payment of a fee, to learn my higher wisdom and to help me cover website costs. Some wisdom is worth it's weight in gold.

As for your meditation problems in regards to the original post, I suggest you try to un-attach mentally to things that are holding your mind down like a weight. Spend some time in natural settings outdoors if you are able. Also check your diet. I wish you success with your meditation.

Bucky

Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:33 am

My mind is always running. My body is always moving. I cant sit and meditate very well. I have to do some kind of chant. I usuallunch do it in my head or under my breath somewhere alone.
You could chant different rune names over and over and visualize the shape of it. Then you are using more of your senses. It is easier for me to stay centered that way.
It is a real discipline though. When I haven't been meditating in a while, it is hard to just jump back in it for me.

Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:14 am

You'll have to practise and it will go better when time passes by, it will go very slowly but never ever give up. When you have a downfall just try harder. That's the only thing I can say.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:07 pm

DefenderofMountains wrote:
Of late i'm having some problems meditating properly and getting connected well. Is there any advice you can offer?

Thanks,

-Defender

As someone who actually studied meditation in China and Japan and teaches regular lessons at the college level on meditation and East Asian religion/philosophy, I am certainly qualified to be of some assistance. I'm not sure what good I can do online, but if you have any specific concerns I should be able to help and would be glad to do so.

r

Last edited by RedSon on Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:43 pm

Find the book by the Dali Lama called "Stages of Meditation". There is a lot of help in there about quieting the mind. If anyone knows about meditation, it's Buddhists.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:47 pm

I'm hyperactive and meditation is hard for me too.

This is how I do, I believe its not perfect and it has downsizes. I am new with this so anyone feel free to correct me or give advice too.

People think on meditation as a way to clear their mind and then focus their energy. But the energy itself is something that you can use to focus your mind.

Magic itself is energy, is power, is something that you feel. I start relaxing my body and then I remember how that energy make me feel, I Imagine it flowing slowly to every inch of my body and mind, then I try to pass the veil, I try to forget where my body is and what it is feeling right now, I try to feel the energy only with my soul.

And thats it. I believe its not perfect because there is a reason that people try to have a clear mind before doing anything of this sort, if you try too hard you can be easily distract, your mind will inebriate easily and that would be bad for divinations and visions too. But sometimes doing this can give you a good start with the connection.

The trick is to feel the energy without clouding your mind, most people think that meditation is a process where you try to think and to feel nothing, well, not exactly... some people focus on their breathing, you can focus on your energy instead.... On theory... I myself need to improve a lot on this.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:53 am

Those who think always and by that affliction also fear they may not meditate, you may by that standard believe yourself to be part of the "better" race. Let your differences guide you. Let life open its path for you. Let it open the verity of choices the many names of gods have delivered for your disposal. I have always believed power equals sacrifice given. Similarly have I believed that sacrifice adds to strength gained. Meditation is most powerful to me, by ritual and divination.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:13 am

I'm looking at yggdrasil Odin Thor mediations finding several sources. Now i'm going to see about sites books on the 9 worlds and how to enter this practice.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:31 pm

thorian wrote:
I'm looking at yggdrasil Odin Thor mediations finding several sources. Now i'm going to see about sites books on the 9 worlds and how to enter this practice.

Hopefully your great faith may be leavened by your unique perspective. Allow your mind to be stilled and risen. The mysteries of the gods do not invite answers, but more questions.

Draw your attention to parts of the cord closer to your understanding, before seeking to divine it's source. Before you seek to find where Yggdrassls lumber sleeps, educate yourself first on the feling of Donar's Oak and the passing of our people.

Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:32 am

I've looked at Wikipedia about donars oak there many links found and alot of resources. I'm currious about writings as books to be found as far some books are not easy to get by. Big books on asatru of viking mythology Odinism of the thunder God Thor Freya Loki. Which books do you suggest are to be read ?

Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:27 am

It is more important, in my opinion, to learn the tradition of our ritual alphabet. The only way I have been able to gather a greater truth is to form my own ideas. The stories are great, but I cannot help but feel a corruption spoiled by a long history of oral tradition and exaggeration.

Find the runes, study them well.

Read the stories which inspire you, but do not forget the most important lessons, which you constantly form yourself.

"Ber er hver að baki nema sér bróður eigi."

http://sagadb.org/grettis_saga.en

Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:51 am

sweinodinsson wrote:
My mind is always running. My body is always moving. I cant sit and meditate very well. I have to do some kind of chant. I usuallunch do it in my head or under my breath somewhere alone.
You could chant different rune names over and over and visualize the shape of it. Then you are using more of your senses. It is easier for me to stay centered that way.
It is a real discipline though. When I haven't been meditating in a while, it is hard to just jump back in it for me.

I know this isn't western origin, but yoga helps me the most, as I am hyper and full of mental and physical energy. Add to that, practicing in a nature setting that is remote where you will not likely come across other people is even better!

Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:39 pm

Fand wrote:
sweinodinsson wrote:

I know this isn't western origin, but yoga helps me the most, as I am hyper and full of mental and physical energy. Add to that, practicing in a nature setting that is remote where you will not likely come across other people is even better!

Funny that you just posted this, because I have slowly been getting back into the solo practice of Yoga.
There is a guy whose name I do not recall, but I have posted about his work before. He is the big proponent of STAV martial arts and runic yoga.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:20 pm

Graham Butcher

Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]