View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
I'm Back About Shamans 

Hello all,
I've returned with new knowledge and back to my original questions. I think I understand my goals, but where should i start with shamanism? Should i spend more time in nature? More time meditating? More time trying to converse with the gods and ancestors? Go from there?

Thank you,

-Defender

Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:33 am

To unwind the fabric, you must pull each thread one at a time.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:37 am

Fabric must be unwoven one thread wrapping around several others. Do all of those things together. Go meditate in nature and speak to the gods all of the time. Being one with the gods and nature requires you to be with them totally and completely all of the time. But if you don't want to live as a hermit living in the mountains, take time on the weekends to go into nature and try to speak with the gods everyday, even if for just a few minutes before bed. Work these activities into your daily schedule when you can. Do not try to master one thing before continuing onto something else. All must be done together.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:18 pm

Spending more time in nature is seldom a poor idea.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:58 pm

Your first step is to understand that you are seeking to become an animist, not a Shaman. Shamans are unique to Siberian culture, and the use of "shaman" is indicative of your need to gain more understanding of what it is you want to be.

This is not a game.

Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:30 am

I think your all over thinking.

Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:39 am

Everyone in this thread (including me):

Spend more time in nature.

There. Overthinking solved :)

Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:21 pm

Hákon wrote:
I think your all over thinking.

Haha!

Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:56 pm

I find as long as you keep vigilant and observant even from the most mundane of circumstances there is something to learn. So does that mean you go into nature or meditate or what have you? I think you continue to go about doing things you enjoy doing and as long as you are in the moment and not worrying about your plans tomorrow or about the past usually your thoughts lead you places without trying.

I often think of a video where I saw a Shaolin monk walking a path with beads resembling a rosery in his hand , when asked what be was doing he revealed he was meditating. Of course this is not what we generally imagine as meditating for he was walking slowly with beads in his hands stopping to watch animals nearby.

As you have probably read in my others posts I am big for trying to find spiritual teachers but trying to converse with the Divine is not always so simple but it is much easier to try and contact the Divine within you. This is trained by simply getting to know yourself whether this is through physical training or writing (sometimes I learn things about myself even when I writes posts on this forum or In surprise myself when I write a poem) or simply gaining confidence through learning new skills.
By most ancient definitions children were the folk who feared the most because generally they did not have the skills to loom after themselves. This is one of the reasons people say Martial Arts builds confidence because you further push yourself away from societies breast. A worthy pursuit I would say is trying hiking in the forest with little to no equipment and just practice skills like making friction fires, building shelters and tools out of stone, bring a book on wild plant and identify plants and their uses. The more you realize that you can rely on yourself the more confident you will be. The more confident you are the more you can control your will through the knowledge of yourself.

I wish you well on continuing your journey and hope to hear more updates.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:06 am

Brynjar wrote:
Fabric must be unwoven one thread wrapping around several others. Do all of those things together. Go meditate in nature and speak to the gods all of the time. Being one with the gods and nature requires you to be with them totally and completely all of the time. But if you don't want to live as a hermit living in the mountains, take time on the weekends to go into nature and try to speak with the gods everyday, even if for just a few minutes before bed. Work these activities into your daily schedule when you can. Do not try to master one thing before continuing onto something else. All must be done together.

One can shred the garment as one pleases, but if you wish to assemble it again - care must be taken to study thread by thread. It is the desire of subtlety to create a great verity of garments which one might wear.

But as many others will tell you, only you can walk your own path. You have begun to ask questions and that is as great a start as any can hope for.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:14 am

I recommend studying the entire following article to gain insight.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamani ... ka_Natives

Some ideas to practice:
1. Return to original nature
2. Act like a what your working to be
3. Banish all doubt
4. Have regular conversations with the god within
5. Meditate, find peace
6. Re energize surroundings
7. Get back to nature
8. Make #1 relationship to the Source of all that is

Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:35 am

Defender
You need a mentor, who is an experienced follower of the shamanic path. They do not need to be from the Norse tradition. Good pluck

Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:42 pm

Have you heard about "Core-Shamanism" by Michael Harner?

If not, I'd like to recommend his book "The Way of The Shaman" in which he has provided basic practices, such as collecting/meeting your "power animal", as he calls it, by traveling to the underworld.

According to him most westerners can do this and in my experience it's quite easy and powerful.

When I was told that I am a shaman I did not like the title and asked if it was necessary to use it and was told that it is.

This I was told by the entities speaking through Ps. Cubensis.

Brushwolf;

We have scientists working, with different means and to different ends, around the globe, but when working scientifically we call them scientists.
In my country we call them vetenskapsmän but that doesn't make them less men of science than the scientist from Ireland.

My deer friends and allies the Ps. Cubensis speaks, just like mother Ayahuasca, English if that's the language You are Listening to.

They speak to be understood, as should we if we want to, and the word shaman is what most people around the world understand, even better than their native equivalence.

The Shaman is the animist scientist.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:28 pm

Find a mentor. Who walks the path.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]