View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Speak your words to the runes. 

24 facets, I invite your true thoughts. Do not hold back, the shifty-eyed may yet see through you. Let us enlighten each other. Declare your intentions. I shall divine in the manner you desire. Let the keen-eyed see for you. What do you think about the deviations of the letters of our faith? I can only divine from the elder, perhaps this means something? Perhaps the only thread which remains. Do you claim this faith? The unwise call it magic, I call it culture. The selfish see a set of enemies - the curious see old friends. What words have you for that which sleeps and awakens early, to bring light?

Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:26 am

Many years ago I had a set of runes which came with a book written by Blum, but I put them aside, in part because they were cold lifeless reproductions.
The other reason is that I struggle with the idea of my fate being 100% preordained.
When I think of my fate I can accept that there are some actions or events that will and must occur, much like a milestone, but how I arrive at these, direction, condition, level of development is up to me.
If i were to take up the runes again it would be to help me in decide the best course of action when I cannot chose between 2 options.

Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:43 am

The power of the runes is to divine, not to tell right from wrong. The mere consideration of one is enough to invoke its power into thought.

Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:10 pm

Hroda Alwynsson wrote:
The other reason is that I struggle with the idea of my fate being 100% preordained.

Hroda Alwynsson - Our lives are not 100% preordained. Our lives are set upon a path by the Norns but we are still the ones who direct which path we take. Our actions (or lack of them) can change that path either by deviation or onto a completely new one. Nothing is set in stone. By consulting the runes, you are asking the Allfather for direction - he will never tell you what you must or must not do, as that is not our way. If you choose not to use his advice, he will not lose sleep over it. Having said that, some are not drawn to the runes as others are. If you are not and find other ways of communication, then your choice is of no business to anyone else. Stormr

Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:19 pm

Thank you for your elaboration, Brother.

It is my intention to aid my brothers with their concern for insight. The world is a chaotic, turbulent place. Divination is about understanding patterns and it is true most faiths incorporate this strange incandescence. It is the shifty-eyed nature to question everything and therefor deliver wisdom on the principles of doubt. Do not fear the future or the past. Somewhere through imagination of both, truth may transfer to the "self." It is not alone by the power of words that we have become brothers, but by the connection we have always felt but therefore come to seek. This is but a simple divination, an eventuality. It is not about right or wrong. My ways are strange to some and you may seem that is stranger yet that I have asked you abide by these strange rules to seek strange divination. By the power which I give divination that is in no way casual, men may also only ask strange questions to this strange shifty one. The lightning may only strike that which arises, but I begin the call with the thunder of my corrupted letters.

Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:08 am

I use the 24 plus Hel's Aett... this is the only site online (there are many books) where I have found accurate descriptions of them.

http://www.northernshamanism.org/the-futhorc-runes.html

Gar and Os are two of the greatest in my life.

Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:17 pm

I have a set of runes that I've had for years, but I never felt a true connection there. A while back I bought a set of ogham staves from a craftsman in England. Each stave is carefully cut from it's corresponding tree, all from places that are special. I'm really happy with them, but I still need to learn them, how to read them. Same with runes. I'd like to make my own, and actually learn how to use them the right way. Most of the information ones finds is new age fluff.

Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:59 pm

Fand wrote:
I have a set of runes that I've had for years, but I never felt a true connection there. A while back I bought a set of ogham staves from a craftsman in England. Each stave is carefully cut from it's corresponding tree, all from places that are special. I'm really happy with them, but I still need to learn them, how to read them. Same with runes. I'd like to make my own, and actually learn how to use them the right way. Most of the information ones finds is new age fluff.

Making your own is a easy process. Take a sturdy branch of a good tree and use a saw to cut it into slices. Paint, burn or carve in your runes accordingly. There is really no reason why not to make your own runes. I truly did not understand the runes so well until I made several sets.

For temporary runes... I have used glass half-marbles and a paint pen- but those only last about a month or two before the paint vanishes. Currently, I use gator scales.

Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:41 am

Tyrienne wrote:

Making your own is a easy process. Take a sturdy branch of a good tree and use a saw to cut it into slices. Paint, burn or carve in your runes accordingly. There is really no reason why not to make your own runes. I truly did not understand the runes so well until I made several sets.

For temporary runes... I have used glass half-marbles and a paint pen- but those only last about a month or two before the paint vanishes. Currently, I use gator scales.

I'd like to burn the runes on. It's really just a matter of finding the time to concentrate on the task, and selecting the wood I'd like to use. My two favourite trees are oak and birch.
Regarding time, I have a two yr old daughter who demands my constant attention. When I do find time for myself, I struggle to balance all the things I'd like to be doing with that time. Writing, reading take up much of my free time, or gardening. That's not a bad thing, it just feels like it's never enough.

Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:05 pm

I do not know if the runes are more important than family

Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:56 pm

Recently I have been making handoards (small hand held boards for body surfers) as an interest and pass time, I have been thinking aout putting something like a rune stave on the underside that would be in contact with the water. The combination I have been considering is a vertical stave with the following runes from top to bottom Teiwaz, Laguz, Thurisaz and Othala.
What are your thoughts as to this being a correct and respectful use of the runes?

Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:18 pm

Baleyg wrote:

Runes are a tool. Family, specifically children, are the future. My daughter is more important to me than anything else. Even if my time is currently limited, when she is a little older, there will be new opportunities, when we can do projects together, learn together as a family.

I don't wish to be rude, but why do you always write in such a bizarre way? It would be nice if you'd simply say what you mean.

Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:13 pm

Hroda Alwynsson wrote:
Recently I have been making handoards (small hand held boards for body surfers) as an interest and pass time, I have been thinking aout putting something like a rune stave on the underside that would be in contact with the water. The combination I have been considering is a vertical stave with the following runes from top to bottom Teiwaz, Laguz, Thurisaz and Othala.
What are your thoughts as to this being a correct and respectful use of the runes?

I don't OK now enough about the runes to advise your choice, but the concept sounds awesome! If it would be me, I'd use runes that have a connection to water.

Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:15 pm

Hail
I wanted to ask what is the good book to study rune and as well learning languages ?

Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:42 pm

Fand wrote:
Baleyg wrote:

Runes are a tool. Family, specifically children, are the future. My daughter is more important to me than anything else. Even if my time is currently limited, when she is a little older, there will be new opportunities, when we can do projects together, learn together as a family.

I don't wish to be rude, but why do you always write in such a bizarre way? It would be nice if you'd simply say what you mean.

I would not be called shifty if I were easy to understand. It is my desire to invoke (or provoke, if you ask some) mystery. deep thought and hopefully one day, understanding. Embrace the secrecy, for it is the throne to which you are called.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:59 am

Tyrienne wrote:
I use the 24 plus Hel's Aett... this is the only site online (there are many books) where I have found accurate descriptions of them.

http://www.northernshamanism.org/the-futhorc-runes.html

Gar and Os are two of the greatest in my life.

Thank you for the link, Tyrienne.
r

Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:44 am

Baleyg wrote:
Fand wrote:
Baleyg wrote:

I would not be called shifty if I were easy to understand. It is my desire to invoke (or provoke, if you ask some) mystery. deep thought and hopefully one day, understanding. Embrace the secrecy, for it is the throne to which you are called.

I suppose that any truth that can be clearly stated is not the full truth. This method of painting around the lines, instead of simply painting lines, is an excellent exercise in moving beyond binomials and dualistic thought. It is one of many ways of engaging with the Heilige.
r

Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:59 am

Hroda Alwynsson wrote:

I drew these runes in the manner described in my previous post and recieved a powerful sensation of wrongness, in the sense of the way they were combined not being the correct way.
I reflected on this and came up with a combination with Othala at the top with two vertical "legs" extending downwards, on the left leg I drew Teiwaz and Thurisaz together( effectively one superimposed on the other) and on the right leg I drew Laguz, drawing this I felt a strong sensation of rightness.
It was interesting for me, I would appreciate any insights you may have.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:39 am

Redson, I go only as I am called and say only as I am inspired. There are many posts I have deleted that I consider not the true words of Baleyg. It is possible of course, my mortality will forever taint the words I have for you. I have always realized I was a slave to the "stars" and my own will comes no where near the river which whelms me.

Hroda, in my use I have attributed the runes to people in my wicked practices of naked binding. To me the runes attach themselves to the "souls" of people around me and I may use the runes to then bind or predict. To assist me in my practices I also gather articles of "importance*" from these individuals to improve my binding.

(*an important object stolen, toenail and hair clippings, a piece of cloth soaked in bodily fluid, this is the best part for me - the creativity involved. )

Adding runes together is my practice of temporary binding. Permanence only comes from the consistency of your practice. Expect backfires and the unexpected.

As far as a more specific explanation of the things you bring to the alter, of this I shall mediate. The winds are weak for me now, It is only the importance of your divination that drives me to respond. On Wednesday, the last day of the runes (24th) - a day the keen one will called owned by Othala I shall tell you the meaning of the legs.

Certainly the giants to me represent the culling of ages on genetics. Answers lost, as our wanderer desired as much as we to consult with the oldest ones.

But I feel this is a calling to the two ancestors I have dismissed the most. Certainly the ghost haunts me, and her brother live in my lions. None can doubt I wander.

What is it the hammer holder and hand can say to us?

Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Many say that mjolnir is a hammer, but I see an axe head.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next