View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Rune app 

As a student of the runes for the past several years I have come to reasize that one vital key to working with the runes is to develop a strong personal connection with each rune. In order to do this I have found it highly beneficial to study a wide range of sources and different opinions on the nature and meaning of the runes. It is rare for me to encounter a reference that so closely reflects my understanding of the runes as does an app that I recently came across - Heart of Odin. I do not know if it is available for the iPhone but there are both a free version and one that costs $1.22 (US) for Android. The only difference between the two is the number of random runes that it will allow you to select - 1 rune for the free version and 3 runes with the pay version (it is designed as an oracle app so if you only want to study the meanings there is no need for three the rune version). It uses the elder Futhark.

I will leave it to you to judge the validity of a divination app but as a tool to study the runes I feel it is a good resource.

[edited for for a typographical error]

Last edited by Tyrsman on Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:36 pm

divination is divination.

would the elder kin take a horse to Florida from Arizona or a car?

Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:11 pm

brushwolf wrote:
divination is divination.
Very true but there are those who feel that runes must be prepared in a certain way to be used in this manner...just as there are those who believe the runes are nothing more than an ancient method of writing.

brushwolf wrote:
would the elder kin take a horse to Florida from Arizona or a car?
Now THAT conjures up quite the mental image - a group of the Elder Kin hopping into a car (most likely a vintage drop top Thunderbird) for a roadtrip to play tourist from the Grand Canyon to Disneyworld.

Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]