View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Guided Draws 

I picked-up a new runeset (first in a long time) a few weeks ago. I decided I would get to know the runes by pulling one each morning (randomly from a closed, black bag) and carrying it with me throughout the day, reminding myself of its presence and meaning and recognize it's influence in my life. Anyway, after several days I pull ansuz. Mistakenly, I focused on fehu and the next day I actually pull fehu. I thought that was odd. Then I pull ehwaz and mistake it for eihwaz and the next day actually pull eihwaz.

Does anyone else experience these sorts of "guided" draws or similar events when working with the runes?

Sun May 13, 2012 4:54 am

There are two ways to look at it:

The runes are a way to tap into your subconscious. So you could be progressing to the point of being able to touch your subconscious and to communicate with the "other" without the need for symbols.

Or you could be getting really good at creative visualization (or manifestation of will or whatever you call that phenomenon).

I used to use them daily, as well. But haven't done so for about 5 years now. I got to a point where I saw signs and runes everywhere, and no longer had the need to "draw" them.

Fri May 25, 2012 9:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]