View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Perthro 

Am hoping to get some information on the Rune, Perthro.

I found a little shop in Norway, tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist shops ... it was a breath of fresh air to find. The moment you walked in, it felt different. It was everything the main stream shops were not, so it was perfect for me. I must have spent close to an hour there, absolutely enthralled with all types of objects and wares ... and also asking questions of the shopkeeper, who spoke Norwegian and very little English, and myself who spoke English with a smattering, distant remembrance, of Danish, which wasn't helping me much :/. According to my children, it was both entertaining and embarrassing to watch ... but since they're teenagers, almost anything is embarrassing to them that involves a parent ... I know the shopkeeper and I were smiling and having fun. Anyways, I'm rambling, back to my question ...

He had some Runes made of a local stone, as necklaces ... they caught my eye as soon as I walked in. Towards the end of my time there, I found myself looking at them, touching them ... they were amazing, beautiful energies ... I ended up choosing this one, he wrote down on a piece of paper that it was 'PERTRA'. At the time, I was familiar with what the Runes were, but had no knowledge of specifics. I was drawn to this Rune by feeling only.

He also wrote down 'THE RUNE OF CLIFFS'.

If anyone could please tell me more about this particular Rune? And, is it respectful to the Runes to wear it as a necklace?
I've done net searches, but I'm really interested and value the knowledge of everyone here.

~thank you~

Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:48 am

I haven't had much experience with runes and only read a few things.
Perthro :
spiritual aspect : well of knowledge for growth
emotional or psychological aspect : access to the individual as well as to the collective unconscious
negative aspect : delusions , fantasies , megalomania
traditional meaning : fruit (?)
meaning : womb , space , well of Urd/Mimir
not much is known about the meaning . hope this might help shed some light but I haven't been doing this long so there may be someone else with greater knowledge.
I just happen to be reading about runes when I saw you message .

Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:59 am

Thank you very much, ThinMist ... it is indeed helpful!. I agree with you, regarding the Rune ... it's hard to find meaning. After I read your post tonight, I went and looked a bit more and came across an interesting article ... here's some quotes from it.

Quote:
All the records of all events are stored here, so Perthro’s power helps the recollection of knowledge that is hidden within the collective unconscious of humankind, especially human lore lost over the course of the centuries. The same process is responsible for prophecy. Perthro will assist the birthing of a great idea into your environment by raising awareness of the forces arrayed against its manifestation. Co-incidence and deja vu play an enormous role in the recognition of the fundamentals of this rune.

Quote:
Though on the scale of everyday life we tend not to think about it, we live in a multiverse of unknowns and unknowables. We live by certain axioms — we can depend on gravity, on sunlight, that we are in a primarily physical world. Often, we possess unexamined, if pragmatic assumptions. In the end, these are simply our best guesses. Perthro is the ‘guessing’ rune, something we constantly do, but that is a remarkable ability, in both psychological and magical contexts.

Guessing is an unbelievably extensive component of our interactions with the universe. The cosmos forces us to make such guesses constantly: we cannot ever stop guessing, barring a perfectly silent mind or perfect enlightenment. The mystery perpetuates itself! Science has never come close to running out of questions — there will always be more questions than answers, in any form of knowledge.

Quote:
Much is hidden and unkowable. Perthro can represent the void from which all things manifest, itself being the unmanifest, the unknowable in the sense that it is yet to exist. If it once existed, it may be accessed through our collective unconscious with LAGUZ, or our memories via MANNAZ.) In a rune lay, Perthro will often mean just that. The runes sometimes say: “Your guess is as good as mine.”

Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:46 am

No thank you very much odinsdatter
That has giving me more insight and for that I am appreciative.
May the world treat you and your kin kindly. :)

Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:04 am

You have the most beautiful energies ThinMist. You're most welcome :) We learn and grow together.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]