View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Algiz 

While meditating on the Algiz rune a long time ago I came to a realization about it. You guys may find it true or not, let me know.

The universe was created from the two primal energies touching and joining, Fire and Ice. Muspellsheim and Niflheim. In almost all traditions this is Echoed. Existed began when the two polar opposite forced interacted.

I began to see the Rune Algiz as the Asatuar's YinYang in addition to its other meanings. The YinYang is the religious symbol of Taoism. It does not mean "good and evil" as most people in the west are taught, but instead the symbol represents the two energetic forces Taoism works with.

Yin is the cold, introspective, passive. Yin is the spiritual side of things. Where the greater spiritual secrets can be learned.
Yang is the hot, outer, and active force, the physical side of the universe. where what is learned in the spirit can be applied in the world.

As I was meditating, Algiz, in my minds eye, broke apart from itself, Separating into Isa and Kenaz, moving into opposite positions.
In their separated position I saw Ginnungagap, empty but slowly being filled by the energy of the two runes/worlds. Until Finally the two energies of Ice and Fire, Isa and Kenaz, touched and became whole again as the rune Algiz.

The rune Algiz has always held a special place in my heart, and I feel that the more I can learn about it and the other runes, the more I will be able to do with them. The more I will understand myself and the wacky universe we live in.

let me know what you guys think!

-Vitki

Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:30 pm

Thank you for sharing this Vitki, it is exceptionally insightful. I too see Isa and Kenaz as balancing runes. I view Isa as stored potential and Kenaz as the unleashing of that same potential. For me, Isa is the rune I feel the most drawn to while Tiwaz, due to its association with Tyr, holds the most significance and has been the most influential in my life. It is interesting to consider how similar Algiz and Tiwaz are to each other, both in form and in meaning...I think I need to give more thought to the two of them together. Again, than you.

[edited for spelling because just when you think your "smart"phone can't get any dumber it will prove you wrong]

Last edited by Tyrsman on Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:39 am

As someone new and hesitant to runes, this sheds a great deal of light on the topic.

Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:21 am

Yin a and yang has nothing to do with Algiz, Algiz is a sword, if you are unready to hold it do not.

Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:18 pm

Sigfodr wrote:
Yin a and yang has nothing to do with Algiz, Algiz is a sword, if you are unready to hold it do not.

To properly use a sword one must first find its balance.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:42 am

Vitki wrote:
While meditating on the Algiz rune a long time ago I came to a realization about it. You guys may find it true or not, let me know.

The universe was created from the two primal energies touching and joining, Fire and Ice. Muspellsheim and Niflheim. In almost all traditions this is Echoed. Existed began when the two polar opposite forced interacted.

I began to see the Rune Algiz as the Asatuar's YinYang in addition to its other meanings. The YinYang is the religious symbol of Taoism. It does not mean "good and evil" as most people in the west are taught, but instead the symbol represents the two energetic forces Taoism works with.

Yin is the cold, introspective, passive. Yin is the spiritual side of things. Where the greater spiritual secrets can be learned.
Yang is the hot, outer, and active force, the physical side of the universe. where what is learned in the spirit can be applied in the world.

As I was meditating, Algiz, in my minds eye, broke apart from itself, Separating into Isa and Kenaz, moving into opposite positions.
In their separated position I saw Ginnungagap, empty but slowly being filled by the energy of the two runes/worlds. Until Finally the two energies of Ice and Fire, Isa and Kenaz, touched and became whole again as the rune Algiz.

The rune Algiz has always held a special place in my heart, and I feel that the more I can learn about it and the other runes, the more I will be able to do with them. The more I will understand myself and the wacky universe we live in.

let me know what you guys think!

-Vitki

That is fascinating! That makes me think of a folk-story a woman told me once about Tyr being the son of Fire Jotuns and Frost Jotuns... then I thought about it- if you reverse the Kenaz and crown the Isa with it you get a Tiwaz... Tiwaz is also Isa and Kenaz combined. (See my forum picture.)

Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:09 am

Very interesting.

Thank you for sharing your insight.

Recently I saw Algiz, Gebu and Nauthiz a lot on my meditations... Kano ane preharps Isa a little too.

For me... Algiz is the word tree. I saw it as a golden large tree that is growing and forming Yggdrasil.

Another thought that I had recently with Algiz is some young womans dancing and laughing around the tree. Yeah, it is strange, Initially I thought on the Valkyries that are related to Algiz but the womans are too joyfull... And today at the top of Algiz I saw Wunjo. My thought is that the womans are a probably a aspect of Wunjo.

Yes, preharps wunjo and algiz are not exactly related, maybe this image is more like a divination or something related to me and not exactly related to the rune nature.

Wunjo is not just about bliss, is about connection, bonds, wishing and the joy to achieve true will. And everything of this has some connection with Algiz too.

Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:45 am

Algiz is, to me, the most sacred and fundamental rune and when "reversed" perfectly represents the call of our master not in a single word or sentence, but in a single symbol. I have yet to begin to understand it and consider my path to reach it a holy one. The three runes you picked also wave across me often, though I make it a habit "not to see" nauthiz.

This is my divination to you, which I hope may translate to you. Find the symbol Algiz. It is "reversed." It is encircled. It is seen as "peace." You shall go as it commands you. You shall not be afraid.

I will pleased to hear the relevance of my suggestion.

Go with courage.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:30 am

You asked me about the vision with a baby on sirius that we both had, if it was born... It is now for me, after my meditation on Algiz on the last week.

Before that the AllFather give me four words "Hear, Learn, Understand, Summon!" and two runes "Nauthiz and Algiz."

You talked about courage and indeed... I was a bit afraid to dive on Nauthiz power. ... That power is dangerous and her lessons are hard. But for me it was... well, better than expected. Her lesson was not a surprise but something that I already know. Yet, she made me contemplated hard truths.

And it was Nauthiz that allowed me to see Algiz. There, I could see the baby born. Now everytime that I think on Nauthiz the vision of a glade on the forest come to my mind and after the glade I can find Algiz.

About the baby... On my vision the AllFather inserted him on my heart with the Gebu symbol. It is with me now. Remember what I said about these symbols? For me it seems confirmed. The star represents my true will, I needed Nauthiz because Nauthiz made clear to me what I may need to live and work on my true task. It is something that I know but now I know it has far more importance than before, now I know what I need to overcome to start my path.

Nauthiz, Sirus, Tyr and even Tiwaz, they are symbols of act.

And Algiz is the golden truth, spirituality itself. Thats why it is a tree for me, the Yggdrasil... and this match with what was said here too... There is no spiruality without balance.

Thank you for your suggestion Baleyg. I will hold it on my heart the next time I meditate.

There is different ways to reverse runes, If I reverse Algiz it sill looks like a tree for me... But If I reverse just the "branches", then we have Tiwaz. This is your line of though? Either way, this is something that only a deep meditation may reveal. I will remember your divination on the next time I dive my mind on the mysteries.

Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:45 pm

Baleyg, If you are interested I posted on that thread about the sirius star the results of my meditation on the inverted Algiz. I believe it will be better there so it will not change this thread subject.

Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:35 pm

Tyrsman wrote:
Sigfodr wrote:

To find balance you must first draw it from the protective sheath and wield, feel it's weight and the strength of folded steel, cut the double edged cold steel into the air, the knowledge is hidden in the depths of the unconscious, intuitively revealed from the well of wyrd, murmured into the ear of the sleeper, when he awakes he witnesses the sunrise, stretches his arms wide and with two swords in hand proclaims, i am awake, i am ready, i am Algiz.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:08 am

Quote:

I would argue all it takes is the courage to wield it.

It is true that the weak may slay the mighty. You will never convince me otherwise.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:15 am

Baleyg wrote:
Quote:

I would argue all it takes is the courage to wield it.

It is true that the weak may slay the mighty. You will never convince me otherwise.

I agree that courage is required but it is a necessary integral part of the balance, Tyrsman has a valid point to "properly" utilize algiz as a sword we have to be prepared to discern Odin's teachings and objectives therefore understand our heritage and the magick that eminates from the runes that open the pathway to the collective unconscious and the current egregore.

Perhaps remembering also that the magick word is mightier than the sword and these are the instruments that will help with our trials as we engage in combat with the forces that rise up preventing the individual and collective will. If the will is week wielding the power of algiz would be difficult and so courage alone will not suffice.

I would argue that blind "courage" alone would conjour the spirit of the unbound berzerker, this unchecked will create more unwanted strife so 'balance' when using the principles of algiz is of paramount importance.

Combining the combination of Uruz (Strength) Ansuz (Wotan's Wisdom) Algiz (Defense and Protection) all these runes should be utilized and understood before algiz can be wielded 'properly' to enable the progression of the journey and strengthening of the will.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]