View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Hagalaz 

Lately, this rune has been drawing my attention. I'm wanting to start up a semi daily practice of meditating on a single rune each day, to gain a deeper understanding. Originally, my plan was to start with fehu and work my way through the list. But on my first day (of this specific plan) I suddenly changed my mind and went with hagalaz.
It was interesting, despite the fact that I didn't get into a very deep meditation.
First I read up on the rune, to get a little basic info (ice, egg, primal seed, form/structure/framework, etc.).
Then I drew the rune in red on white paper to use as a focal point, repeating the name in my mind.
The thoughts that came to mind built upon what I have read.
A few thoughts/concepts that came to mind: gateway, or a bridge between realms. On that note, the idea of uruz being reflected (as above, so below). I read something about uruz being a rune to drive energy/force, drawing it up and discharging it back down. I visualized the hagalaz rune being made up of 2 uruz runes and the energy flow.
To continue, genetics or DNA came to mind, you know how DNA has two strands with those horizontal bars connecting them, spiraling on and on. Sorry, I'm not a science buff. Maybe someone here can put my idea into comprehensible words. ;)
Anyway, those are the most significant of the thoughts/images that came to mind during my meditation.

As a side note, after hagalaz, uruz has been piquing my interest, as well.

Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:21 pm

I would venture to say there is a very good reason for your experience. It has been said by those who know that Hagalaz is the mother rune.

Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:33 pm

Tyrsman wrote:
I would venture to say there is a very good reason for your experience. It has been said by those who know that Hagalaz is the mother rune.

The concepts and images that came to mind during this meditation were pretty interesting. Especially the mirrored uruz.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]