View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
experience with the runes 

It's funny, how deeper study into such things as runes can have powerful effects on dreams, but that is exactly what has been happening.
Last night was the most interesting. There were runes penetrating my dreams which I really haven't gotten around to exploring yet.
There was a bit with hagalaz and uruz, which I mentioned on another thread to have a particular interest in.
Then, perhaps the part that stood out the most was a vision of Algiz and isa. They took on a strange form together. Algiz appeared and took on the form of a temple, but on its own, that was not obvious. It became obvious when isa rose up from the top/center, like a grey/silvery wooden staff sharpened to a point like a spear, piercing toward the sky. It struck me as a steeple. But somehow it had nothing to do with the steeples of Christian churches. This was something powerful. A temple of algiz with isa rising up to pierce the sky!
As I write this, I look at my little pocket book of runes, because I didn't know the name of the rune I saw—algiz. So, I looked it up and find in the key words :temple, shelter, elk. Funny that I should make the connection of it representing a temple without remembering anything about it, not even the name.

The last part of the dream I recall is a bit of a haze. The runes were attempting to arrange themselves and spell something out, but my darn cat woke me up, and almost all of it was snatched out of my consciousness. I vaguely recall wunjo, though I forget what it looked like. I think all the runes I already mentioned from my dreams were somehow connected to this. I just wish I could remember what it was trying to say.

Any thoughts?

Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:57 am

My experience has demonstrated that Isa, at least as it relates to my Wyrd and Orlog, is a symbol of self and individual potential.

The ice it represents is a static state of nearly unlimited power. Once energy is applied to ice it transforms to it's liquid form. As water it can be the nourishing, life-sustaining element that all living things require for survival and growth, or it can be the most powerful force on earth, capable of catastrophic destruction. Over time it will wear down mountains and carve canyons through solid rock.

I am still working on the influence Algiz has in my life. I sense a connection to Freyr in the fertility of the antlered stag and both the defensive and offensive nature of antlers.

For those of us whose ancestors also include Celts, there is also a strong likelihood of a link to Cernunnos as well.

The runes are a powerful thing, but they seem to me to be keys to unlocking pieces of a bigger puzzle.

Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]