View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
odin brotherhood rune magic 

I wish someone would write more in depth about how the Odin Brotherhood uses the younger futhark

Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:25 pm

I agree it would be ideal for many of us to be privvy to that knowledge, but i suspect the members of the OB are unwilling to reveal the meat and potatoes to the uninitiated(perhaps though, they may share the broth). The runes have always been a clandestine art preserved by special lore keepers who have been initiated by sages, gods, or the runes themselves.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:56 pm

I have been exploring the runes with practice.
The way that I am currently using them is by asking them what the results are of a particular action that I may take.

It seems that I do not get any negative answers. The most negative I get is when "Iss" shows up. Actually, the answers that I have received from the runes have been insightful even with the lack of negatives.

I read once that each rune can have a positive and negative side. How do you interpret the difference?

I will give an example:

I ask a question about the results of a specific course of action. I draw 3 runes one by one out of my bag. One time I drew these 3:

YR, SOL, RAEIDH

What would be your thoughts on drawing those three runes? Without being too specific, the question was how to deal with a particular person.
.........................................................................................
On another note, I have also asked the opposite question and drew 3 different runes which was very insightful and complimented the other answer the runes gave me.
.........................................................................................
I am very excited about the possibilities of this new endeavor. I am mostly a loner, and most of my friends are older men. In my wilder days, I said they kept me out of trouble and taught me things. Something that I have noticed in my life is that I have come to depend upon their wisdom and knowledge, to the point that I almost let them make decisions for me. I actually had a girlfriend once who it irritated to no end because she did not like that I always asked them for their opinions instead of making up my own mind.
I do believe that I may have found a way to improve that path without forsaking it.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:14 pm

I don't generally use the runes for divination, but rather as keys to open energies and as a mnemonic device to remember primal knowledge. I think you need to have the intuition like Woman to divine things for proper sucess.

Many sources say it's when the rune is reversed, it becomes a merk stave, carrying the negative connotations of the rune. Again, I haven't practiced much divination so I cant say this is certain but seems reasonable.

Yr means yew and is connected to endurance death and renewal .
Sol means sun but it also stands for the soul.
Raeidh means ride movement and journey. It could be interpreted in a variety of ways but what I see is that the relationship should to be reforged with the integrity of the soul by going on a journey of some kind together. You could also see it as a past present future layout where yr symbolizes the past, Sol the present, and raeidh the future.

The past darkness of death, the present the light of the soul, the future a journey of reconciliation. So ends my vague interpretations.

It's good to look up to your elders as they have more experience, though it's best to be self sufficient. The runes can help you with that but diligence is due in their study and practice. It is said by many, and even from the days of old, that you shouldn't unleash the runes unless you can read them rightly(Egil Skallagrimsson), for the runes have their insidious effect that with out the proper knowledge and application leads to the ruination and despair of the practitioner.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:44 pm

Thanks for the warning. I feel that approaching things with respect is key.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]