View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Is Jesus a "false god"? 

I don't know what is true of Jesus' actual lineage, though I'm sure we've all heard him called a Nazarene. I've heard that the Buddhists in the Himalayas have a legend about him. That he was a man who came there to hide. While there, he undoubtedly learned much of their ways, and after his long absence he returned to Israel, and it seems quite plausible to me that if there be any truth to his existence, then he was not claiming to be the one and only child of god, perhaps not even the Hebrew god. I think he was trying to share his knowledge of Buddhism or whatever form of enlightenment he had acquired to the people, and it all got taken out of context, perhaps deliberately many years later when certain people who sought power saw him is a key to greater power.
Just a man. Not a god. Certainly not a person who believed himself to be any better than any other, but one who had his own sense of right and wrong, honour and humility.
When I fault the abrahamic faiths, it is not Jesus specifically with whom I find fault. Only the cult that rose "in his name", as it seems to me a great behemoth of a lie. I believe what Jesus really wanted to teach was that a person could seek god, or spirituality without e priest but directly. Much like what Martin Luther did when he went against the Catholic church and the papal system.
I have a very thorough inside knowledge of Christianity, as I grew up in it in a way few Christians ever do. There was a time when I had a very extensive knowledge of the bile, although over the years, I have deliberately forgotten much of it. Years of memorizing bible verses can be very annoying otherwise. It has served me well to have had this background, but I really wish it could have been balanced with a pagan upbringing, as well. I envy those of you who had had the privilege of being raised in part or in whole with the old ways. The real advantage of growing up with Christianity is being armed with knowledge of ones enemy. The religion truly is an enemy to a personal spirituality.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2