View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Soldiers of Odin 

I see there are soldiers of Odin in Michigan any word on if Minnesota will get a chapter here

Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:23 am

Is there a group in Minnesota yet?

Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:40 pm

I have followed this topic for several months.

Soldiers of Odin are definitely an interesting topic. Often confused with the Sons of Odin. My woman bought me a Sons of Odin jacket and many of my friends thought I should not wear it, due to the fact that some cultures where I live may perceive it as a "racist statement". The Soldiers of Odin are primarily a European street patrol found in Finland, (last I checked).

Son's of Odin are making a wave in Hamilton, Canada..... I am with neither group.

I wear my sweatshirt in pride in many diverse settings in the U.S., and have yet to hear any negative comments about it.

I say; be proud of who you are; no matter where you are, and no matter what anyone else thinks. We only have one life; live it as your true self!

Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:44 am

I personally feel using Odin in their name is damaging to Asatru in the longrun. Marching around wearing a cool jacket with a slogan on it may seem productive but what does it do exactly? Is it supposed to be intimidating with hopes that people will fear you? What is the positive contribution?

So you are using the name of Odin and telling people you and your buddies are his "soldiers". You are just painting a big huge bulls-eye for the lamestream media to target with their fake news. They will attack anything Odinist or associated with Odin if there is a perceived violent group called Soldiers of Odin.

Here is my suggestion to people who think strutting around with a soldiers of odin gear is cool. In the long run this bring more results.

Spend more personal energy in bettering yourself, get a trade. Stay out of jail and don't resort to street brawls.

Marry a women from your own tribe, and have many offspring. Stop having dogs and have children instead. I'm tired of see young couples with their cute dog walking in a park when there is no excuse for them not having children.

Educate yourself about our old ways, history and teach your children. Start your own traditions. Abandon the desert cult holidays and honor our special days instead. Do your own investigations utilizing critical thinking to weed out the false knowledge written by the desert cult. A suggestion would be look into what our ancestors used for a calendar system perhaps before the desert cult forced a foreign calendar system upon us but kept their own special separate system for themselves. Maybe do some research on the Nebra Sky Disk and its history. Adopt some part of this new knowledge in your personal life.

Above all protect yourself and your family, be proud of your accomplishments and those of your tribe but also be careful and exercise caution around others.

ᚨᚹᚨᚲᛖ᛬ᚨᚹᚨᚲᛖ᛫ᚠᚱᛟᛗ᛫ᛃᛟᚢᚱ᛫ᛋᛚᚢᛗᛒᛖᚱ᛬

Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:21 am

Alfvarr wrote:
I personally feel using Odin in their name is damaging to Asatru in the longrun. Marching around wearing a cool jacket with a slogan on it may seem productive but what does it do exactly? Is it supposed to be intimidating with hopes that people will fear you? What is the positive contribution?

So you are using the name of Odin and telling people you and your buddies are his "soldiers". You are just painting a big huge bulls-eye for the lamestream media to target with their fake news. They will attack anything Odinist or associated with Odin if there is a perceived violent group called Soldiers of Odin.

Here is my suggestion to people who think strutting around with a soldiers of odin gear is cool. In the long run this bring more results.

Spend more personal energy in bettering yourself, get a trade. Stay out of jail and don't resort to street brawls.

Marry a women from your own tribe, and have many offspring. Stop having dogs and have children instead. I'm tired of see young couples with their cute dog walking in a park when there is no excuse for them not having children.

Educate yourself about our old ways, history and teach your children. Start your own traditions. Abandon the desert cult holidays and honor our special days instead. Do your own investigations utilizing critical thinking to weed out the false knowledge written by the desert cult. A suggestion would be look into what our ancestors used for a calendar system perhaps before the desert cult forced a foreign calendar system upon us but kept their own special separate system for themselves. Maybe do some research on the Nebra Sky Disk and its history. Adopt some part of this new knowledge in your personal life.

Well spoken. A wise man, died in prison in 2007, noted that the U.S. has killed or wounded a few millions in its wars. Concluded, "Let's forget about trying to play tough guys when we're up against that system."

Above all protect yourself and your family, be proud of your accomplishments and those of your tribe but also be careful and exercise caution around others.

ᚨᚹᚨᚲᛖ᛬ᚨᚹᚨᚲᛖ᛫ᚠᚱᛟᛗ᛫ᛃᛟᚢᚱ᛫ᛋᛚᚢᛗᛒᛖᚱ᛬

Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:52 am

Galskap wrote:
Soldiers of Odin are not soldiers of Odin, they are racist and unwise and are giving the wrong impression.

I agree that they are unwise.

Alfvarr wrote:

H

My concern is that they are misrepresenting Odin by painting a picture of a God who is nothing like Odin.

Odin is wise, and crafty. He uses trickery and misdirection to obtain his goals just as often as he uses his spear. He's not a dullard or a simple brute.

"Soldiers of Thor" might be a more appropriate name, because Thor is far less cunning that Odin. Also, Thor is kind and generous. These Soldiers of our people appear manifest Thor's traits much more than Odin's, with their sending of aid to their fellow people, and a focus on defending. And if they are careful to position themselves with Thor's ideology, the public will be much less likely to fear them.

Thor doesn't hate people from other tribes, but he is predisposed to defend his own people first above all others. There is nothing wrong with that.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4