View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Recent Dream - Need Some Insights 

I had a dream recently where someone I saw as a trusted older friend gave me shoes to try on.

I then went on try on several different types and sizes over a period of time.

It felt like he was a friend and was somehow "saving" me from something.

Anybody care to comment?

Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:59 pm

I have a couple questions,

First are you between jobs or in a job you hate?
Are you single?
Or are you in studies?

Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:03 am

Cdnbirdgunner, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I am on the verge of starting a new job. Other big changes going on and likely more coming too.

I had another dream a couple of weeks ago where I was locked in a room with a glass wall, people on the other
side mocking and tormenting me. They kept telling me to pick up various objects and try and break the glass, but nothing would work.

Perhaps they are related? It feels like it but I am not sure?

Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:53 am

Firstly, my answer may not be what you are looking for. I have vivid dreams but they are not dreams that can be deciphered in the normal way of deciphering dreams. None of them relate to my physical life on Midgard. My dreams fall outside the box, therefore I look at dream interpretation differently.

From your first post, the shoes represent a decision. Trying on different shoes represents all the past or future options to this decision.

Regarding the 'friend' - this may be your fylgia or spirit guide who is trying to assist you with your decision. Perhaps try to listen more closely to the lesson or to your gut instinct.

From your second post, the glass wall with people mocking you - this probably has an impact on the decision you make - how it is perceived by others, will they accept that decision or will they degrade you with their words.

Ultimately, I do not see this as a physical decision - this may be a moral or spiritual decision. The decision may not be something that you will be facing now but could be an indication of what there is to happen in the future. Perhaps none of this will make sense and will only become real to you once you are in the situation where the decision needs to be made.

For me, this sounds like a lesson from the gods - they are preparing you for something to come.

Take from it what you will. Stormr

Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:24 am

This is awesome I love dream interpretation, I do believe that the two dreams are related. I had a Commander one time explain to me way dreams were important he said that it's the only time our mind and soul are not infected by the modern denial and realistic drama. And years later after accepting the Gods into my life I have done a lot of studies on dreams. I believe both of those dreams have the same message, do not settle for less, if the shoe doesn't fit keep looking, if the glass won't break grab a bigger rock, you may have seen those people as taunting you, but maybe it was your ancestors or the Gods trying to motivate you to break down that wall and the old man could be Odin letting you know that the Gods are behind you and are willing to stick by, that's way he continues to bring shoes and why they are trying to get you to smash the window.
These are just my thoughts

Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:32 am

Cdnbirdgunner & Norse Storm:

Thank you both for your insights. Very valuable to me, I must say.

What you are both saying "feels right" but on a level I do not understand; if that makes sense?

I feel like I am in an endurance race, but the finish line is in sight.

At the same time, I feel like I will power through whatever is placed in front of me until I get to where I
need to go.

A Question - I feel like I have confidence, but it is not from me but flowing to me as required.
What is this "force"? I am not used to it and do not want to "offend it."

Sorry if this is rather vague and simplistic.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:13 am

Viggen wrote:

In my experience that force or calling is from a higher power, either the Gods or your ancestors, the only way I can see that you could offend it is by ignoring it. I have felt this force, and now when I feel it I do a casting divination of three runes and I try and understand what is being sent to me or who is has taken interest in my path. Explore our culture read about the Gods and dreams it is amazing, start doing some simple rune casts, have fun with it and never turn your back on the callings.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:34 am

Cdnbirdgunner:

I think you are on to something.

I do not feel "called" to the runes, and will not disrespect the concept by just playing with them.

Can you suggest any reading material I can find online to read this evening?

Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:15 am

Viggen wrote:
A Question - I feel like I have confidence, but it is not from me but flowing to me as required.

I would say that this feeling you experience is as Cdnbirdgunner describes, the support and assistance of the Elder Kin. This is one of the ways in which they help guide us. When you are on the right track they provide you with additional energies to aid you.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:16 pm

Tyrsman:

Thank you for your thoughts.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:43 pm

Well brother I am glab that I could help, sometimes the Force doesn't feel like a calling but usually it is, because someone or God has taken an interest in you and your path which is either a blessing or warning, so just keep an open mind.
Second don't worry if your not called to the runes, think of them more like a tool that Odin gave us to clarify things that we do not know how to interpret. Don't be afraid of disrespecting the runes, but be careful of what you ask them because sometimes the answers may shock or frighten you.
Lastly you asked about reading material if it's for dreams there are many here is a link to a PDF that I liked:https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Freud/Dreams/dreams.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwja7IrlqqrMAhUir4MKHVCWAsUQFggZMAA&usg=AFQjCNHkyngcvayXnldxIzp1osT5NYhXrA&sig2=tULbGMA61BbsuORMyS3Mww
And look up books or websites on the Goddess Nótt. I need to also recommend all the PDFs in the OB library.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:44 pm

I am checking out the referenced sources.

Thanks Again.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:15 pm

Is anybody familiar with Njorun (also spelled Niorun) the Goddess of Dreams, who lives in Svartalfheim?

Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:49 pm

The dreams keep coming. Last night I dreamed of a portrait of a dark colored cat on the cover of a book.
On the same book was the portrait of a powerfully built, muscular dark skinned man. In the dream, it seemed almost funny, like the book was a "romance novel" or something (no, I don't read romance novels).
Perhaps this was just the unconscious mind relaxing or something?

Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:51 am

Viggen wrote:
The dreams keep coming. Last night I dreamed of a portrait of a dark colored cat on the cover of a book.
On the same book was the portrait of a powerfully built, muscular dark skinned man. In the dream, it seemed almost funny, like the book was a "romance novel" or something (no, I don't read romance novels).
Perhaps this was just the unconscious mind relaxing or something?

Anybody care to comment? There is something about this most recent dream that is relevant, but I am at a loss as to how to figure it out.

Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:33 am

I think I am making progress on my understanding what all "this" means.

I came upon some writings discussing the Laguz Rune. I learned that it generally helps govern the power of dreaming, second sight and the communications between one's conscious mind and the unconscious mind of others and many other things.

What really struck me was further discussion concerning the need for us all to look into the darkness of our subconsciousness, and find out what we are not developing in ourselves, and what might be there to help make us whole and complete our personal puzzle (so to speak).

I now believe that this is what was being suggested in my third dream. To have the courage to deal with things that on the surface may look dark & foreboding, but which are essential for us to find and figure out if we are to be successful.

I have also figured out that Runes are much more than communication devices, an alphabet, or religious paraphernalia. They are in essence puzzle pieces that each individual will use and access differently, but will eventually draw the map or the picture that particular person needs or is destined to follow.

I must now finally figure out how to attain and live the Wyrd I am meant to.

A good use of time...

Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:08 am

Good to hear brother! The runes have helped me through many rough times in my life, to me they are the key to understanding what Odin has left behind and what we can do to finally connect with the Gods

Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:24 am

CdnBirdGunner:

I have learned more from the Runes.

Have a look at my post in the Runes section: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5439

I never thought of them as a problem solving tool before.... (see the last posting in the linked thread)

Wed May 11, 2016 9:34 pm

I am back on the forum after a break.

Would love to hear more thoughts on these dreams from a year ago.

Thanks.

Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:52 am

Viggen wrote:
I had a dream recently where someone I saw as a trusted older friend gave me shoes to try on.

I then went on try on several different types and sizes over a period of time.

It felt like he was a friend and was somehow "saving" me from something.

Anybody care to comment?

The first thing that came to my mind is the phrase, "If the shoe fits, wear it."

I wouldn't worry about your dreams from a year ago.

If you are interested in dreams I will tell you some things that I have done. Eat something fatty like peanut butter before you go to bed. It makes dreams more intense. Sleep with some mugwort under your pillow. Keep a notebook and pen next to your bed to record your dreams. When you first wake up, don't get out of bed too quickly, allow yourself some time to think on the dream and write it down in detail so you don't forget anything.

Years ago when I was into yoga, I read a book that talked about yogic dreaming. It had a part in it that basically said to concentrate before you go to sleep on remembering your dreams in the morning. What I like better is in Ron McVan's book Temple of Wotan, the Rite of Night:

"Gods of the Aesir and Vanir,
I call on you at this day's end;
Custodians of the ancient mysteries,
Mighty in your dwelling,
Guardians of Aryankind.
Hail to thee whose beneficial spirits
Instruct and direct our folk.
Consecrated in the higher realms,
Many are your manifestations-
Divine in thy being.
Grant me now the power of your presence,
BESTOW UPON ME DREAMS OF MEANING
AND THE MEMORY TO RECALL THEM.
Release me of all malice and ill intent;
Strike down conspiracies against me;
Grant me the strength and endurance to do thy work;
Safeguard my home and family until lights rebirth.
May tommorrow by your grace,
Find me wiser and my joy in the universe still greater;
Wipe free my brow of worry and discontent;
Circle your deep powers to protect me.
BY these words I pledge myself
Unto you and to no other Gods"

Personally, I don't put much stock in the word "prayer" and especially pre - written ones. I include this as a sort of template. Good sleep hygiene helps with dreams and a sleep routine helps with both. Maybe saying something like that every night before you go to bed will help your sub-conscious mind be more aware of your dreams.

Finally, I would suggest writing them down for 3 months and instead of asking others to interpret them for you, think about it for yourself and then be watchful in your waking life to see if you can find a correlation to that dream. I am not saying that I think there is something wrong with asking others for a dream interpretation (I ask people some times), but 80% of the time an individual can give their own interpretation (i pulled that percentage out of my rear). It will also make you more self-aware.
These are things that I have done myself. I am no authority, just a seeker through life that has tried a lot of different things, and that was one of my better experiments.

Someone mentioned that at times the Elder Kin will use dreams to get your attention and/or guide you. I have experienced this too.
There was talk of the runes, too. When you become more experienced with the runes and with dream work, they can compliment each other and be very helpful in your personal life.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next