View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:41 pm



Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
USA: Soldiers of Odin 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:25 am
Posts: 577
Hello Sisters and Brothers,

Although I fully support the cause of the Soldiers of Odin in Europe; I was curious to your experiences with the districts forming in the United States.

Part of me is concerned the version in the United States may not be as noble in intention as the European counterpart it strives to imitate, the other part of me want to dive into it and offer as much as I can as a chaplain with extensive education in Islam.

But, I am reticent- wondering if this may be some sort of "trap" to demonize Odinism even further. In the United States, Odinists have had to fight constantly against being mislabled as a "hate group". The ideals of protecting our communities are important to me, but do any of you have experience either positive or negative regarding SoO in the United States?

I do not feel I have enough information to make an informed decision. So far, my first impression is "Too secretive; disorganized".

There is no reason for secrecy in any protection-of-community organization if the cause is just, I always believed. Is there a just cause for secrecy in the US Soldiers of Odin or is this just another reincarnation of the KKK?


Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:18 am
Posts: 315
Tyrienne, this is the first I have heard about the SoO. If you learn anything more about them please don't hesitate to let us know.
r


Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:25 am
Posts: 577
There are groups on every major social media site. I prefer facebook. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/Soldiers-Of-Od ... 8/?fref=ts


Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:18 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:01 pm
Posts: 3420
Location: Vinland
They appear to be an anti-immigrant vigilante group.

Since "social media" is polluted by commercialism, they can be read about here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soldiers_of_Odin


Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:58 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 6:43 pm
Posts: 106
Unfortunately groups like this will attract the wrong type of people, meaning racists and white supremacists, which is a shame for the people of good intentions who are also involved.

A question if I may for those people who live near large immigrant refugee communities, is the impact of the criminal element any worse than the native criminal element?


Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 4:14 am
Posts: 378
I feel only a service to my brothers. I may only cast my fragments but so far.


Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:16 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:25 am
Posts: 577
Hroda Alwynsson wrote:
Unfortunately groups like this will attract the wrong type of people, meaning racists and white supremacists, which is a shame for the people of good intentions who are also involved.

A question if I may for those people who live near large immigrant refugee communities, is the impact of the criminal element any worse than the native criminal element?



Yes. There have been minimally televised riots both in my city as well as another city an hour from me. We are a refugee state- and it is non-natives behind the violence. I am also informed some of our economically unstable cities in the North of the state are faring even more poorly. I do not know how the Syrians are faring except in that the Syrians rescued last decade came here to escape the ones who are granted amnesty lately. I worry for them as they worry for themselves.

Our riots occur and die in the local news only. We have Philadelphia SWAT on loan over 2 hours away from Philadelphia...which is why SoO has been a consideration

However, it isn't the Syrian population, it's the Hispanic one against one another. It's very dangerous to be in urban Pennsylvania. Philadelphia is not an issue because it's turning into a ghost town like Detroit on account of terrible civic management.

I have noticed that despite the "code of ethics" posted clearly on all pages that the content is overwhelmingly Islamiphobic or racist in nature. I am guessing that the movement is at least partially created and maintained by federal agencies and that the racist propoganda may be to flag the violent and volatile among Odinists.

Then again, I am also a suffering idealist. I still hope there are benevolent agencies within our government staffed with at least a few honorable people...


Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:57 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:42 pm
Posts: 565
Hroda Alwynsson wrote:
Unfortunately groups like this will attract the wrong type of people, meaning racists and white supremacists, which is a shame for the people of good intentions who are also involved.

A question if I may for those people who live near large immigrant refugee communities, is the impact of the criminal element any worse than the native criminal element?


Racists and White Supremacists? The boogeyman man of our age! Sounds more like label to slap on any man or woman with the courage do care about ancestry both culturally and biologically. Every other race seems to get the concept of self preservation why can't white europeans?

I would much rather a local criminal element because they are of mine where the others are not. It's simple. Besides most things that are considered a crime exist only to give a monopoly to the faceless state.

Drugs laws for pharmaceutical corporations
Agricultural laws for farming corporations
Violence is monopolized by the state to protect their sources of income YOU the tax payer longer enough for you to be a useful slave and die a death spending your life savings on medication that does not work. There is no justice or honor within the system so why call anyone who does not obey theaws a criminal?
I will steal when I am hungry, I will seeky own justice, I will possess the items I wish to possess. A free man can at times be synonymous with criminal.


Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:25 am
Posts: 577
Update: The Soldier's of Odin page for my state (Pennsylvania) has completed a massive purge of all bigots.

Of those left, it is less than 130 left for my entire state.

It leads me to believe this was an identification process via the Feds...and they collected/diffused whatever it is they found necessary. 130 people is nothing when spread across hours.

If a meeting is held, I have nothing to lose by attending. The pictures of those that remain are either young boys, old bikers, and various veterans and law enforcement-types. Curious...


Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:31 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 4:14 am
Posts: 378
Tyrienne do not fear from propaganda, there are many lost who want to believe who have been led wrongly. Your only reaction may be to lead others on the righteous path of truth.

The shifty-eyed would wish to encounter you. I hope you will not fear the face of the keen-eyed. I know that you are inspired by the old ones - my parent's still cannot see that this is my forever curse. It is funny how our people know not the name of the lord or the faces of his passage. By which turn of Abraham's blade is it our father's ********* fight his wars?

I think too deeply. If it is true that blood remains, there are many more that you know. The promise of an after-life has led many astray. I hope so deeply you can see this, our gate-keeper of the Gods. Why should I be inspired, after so many generations of drunken disarray? Why should I be inspired, who was so keenly groomed by the faith of the old ones in the sand? Why am I so lucky to be "blessed" by so many circumstances to lead me to this obvious conclusion, that I should assemble my brothers?

It is the obvious and inevitable conclusion that skin colors should clash - but we realize not we live in the glorious time to relive the past but resolve the future. It was said before by many we should not hold our own gods so high we cannot conclude for the blood of others. So how much more powerful will our blood be spread, that we might be considered Gods of the most high Yggdrsl.


Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:15 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:25 am
Posts: 577
I hope I do meet you... I am very easy to identify with my entire forearm being a Loki tattoo. If you see me, just sit next to me and introduce yourself!

To my knowledge, I am the only contributor in these forums currently who does not make an effort to conceal my identity at this time.


Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:26 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:55 pm
Posts: 8
I see SoO as a "private police" and since is legal for cristians to have in some states ( https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... enate-vote ) should be legal for pagans.

BjornBerserk wrote:
Racists and White Supremacists? The boogeyman man of our age! Sounds more like label to slap on any man or woman with the courage do care about ancestry both culturally and biologically. Every other race seems to get the concept of self preservation why can't white europeans?


Well said. Nobody calls a African folkish religion like Yoruba' religion or a Asian religion like Xintoism a "racist religion". Only whites can't follow their native religion


Wed May 03, 2017 4:05 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:07 am
Posts: 104
Tyrienne wrote:
I hope I do meet you... I am very easy to identify with my entire forearm being a Loki tattoo. If you see me, just sit next to me and introduce yourself!

To my knowledge, I am the only contributor in these forums currently who does not make an effort to conceal my identity at this time.


A brave man oughtn't be alone. My actual name is Jon Grena, when and if I return to the U.S., I'll be in Montana or Alaska. No tattoos (yet.) But I wear a Thor's Hammer around my neck, carved from wood. If you see a guy with a Fu Manchu moustache and the hammer, say hello.


Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:32 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:35 am
Posts: 561
My identity is also not difficult to discern, due to my blog. Since I'm trying to write a book(s), sharing on my blog can't really be done under an alias, and the topic may be of interest to some here. So... a few here may have made the connection...


Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:01 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:07 am
Posts: 104
Fand wrote:
My identity is also not difficult to discern, due to my blog. Since I'm trying to write a book(s), sharing on my blog can't really be done under an alias, and the topic may be of interest to some here. So... a few here may have made the connection...


What's the book about? I'm writing what the weak might call a "depressing" novel about our creed in these times.


Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:11 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:35 am
Posts: 561
Wotan's Late Harvest wrote:
Fand wrote:
My identity is also not difficult to discern, due to my blog. Since I'm trying to write a book(s), sharing on my blog can't really be done under an alias, and the topic may be of interest to some here. So... a few here may have made the connection...


What's the book about? I'm writing what the weak might call a "depressing" novel about our creed in these times.


A fantasy novel, possibly series, which centers around alfár and Svartálfar. Much of it takes place in made up territories in Svartalfheim. It's not easy to write, because I want to keep some authenticity, even though it is not strictly following the lore. But see my post in the lore section. The Úr Aldr. To see what I'm attempting to do.

Is there any way I can follow your progress on your own book? It sounds like an interesting idea, and I'm not scared off of reading "depressing" stories. ;)


Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:32 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:07 am
Posts: 104
Fand wrote:
Wotan's Late Harvest wrote:
Fand wrote:
My identity is also not difficult to discern, due to my blog. Since I'm trying to write a book(s), sharing on my blog can't really be done under an alias, and the topic may be of interest to some here. So... a few here may have made the connection...


What's the book about? I'm writing what the weak might call a "depressing" novel about our creed in these times.


A fantasy novel, possibly series, which centers around alfár and Svartálfar. Much of it takes place in made up territories in Svartalfheim. It's not easy to write, because I want to keep some authenticity, even though it is not strictly following the lore. But see my post in the lore section. The Úr Aldr. To see what I'm attempting to do.

Is there any way I can follow your progress on your own book? It sounds like an interesting idea, and I'm not scared off of reading "depressing" stories. ;)


Send an email to josephgasset@yahoo.com, and I'll email you some excerpts. The novel starts in Southeast Alaska at the end, and goes in flashbacks to Seattle, Ravenna, Venice, Innsbruck, Garsten Abbey Prison, Steyer and Hanusfalva Slovakia. Maybe the moral is, you can't hide; you can become unconfused.


Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:42 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:07 am
Posts: 104
How to find your blog?


Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:43 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:35 am
Posts: 561
I'll email you. :)


Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:09 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.