View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Speak your words to the runes. 

RedSon wrote:
Baleyg wrote:

I would not be called shifty if I were easy to understand. It is my desire to invoke (or provoke, if you ask some) mystery. deep thought and hopefully one day, understanding. Embrace the secrecy, for it is the throne to which you are called.

I suppose that any truth that can be clearly stated is not the full truth. This method of painting around the lines, instead of simply painting lines, is an excellent exercise in moving beyond binomials and dualistic thought. It is one of many ways of engaging with the Heilige.
r

Thanks redson and baleyg.
Honestly, baleyg, sometimes I really struggle to understand what your messages mean. While I appreciate the intention, sometimes I just can't grasp any meaning when your words are so elusive.

But I am curious about your references to using bind runes. What does that mean? I know what binding spells are, but what are bind runes? Is it the same concept, or something entirely different.
You mentioned using bind runes on people, using personal items that strengthen the connection to the person in question. I am curious what kind of work you are doing with that and how it is effective in your goals, if you care to expand.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:53 pm

Hroda Alwynsson wrote:
Many say that mjolnir is a hammer, but I see an axe head.

I have considered the bind rune you have saw and have drawn it many times and have attempted to begin to understand it. Sorry for my slow response, I obviously cannot always be available. I realize now the binding is strong and can come to mean many things and be used for powerful purposes.

I see the bough broken, an implement split in two - an axe for one hand and hammer for the other split from the same original tool.

I must consider this more and return when I have had more time alone. Until then I remain a servant of the wind.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:20 am

Fand wrote:
RedSon wrote:
Baleyg wrote:

I would not be called shifty if I were easy to understand. It is my desire to invoke (or provoke, if you ask some) mystery. deep thought and hopefully one day, understanding. Embrace the secrecy, for it is the throne to which you are called.

I suppose that any truth that can be clearly stated is not the full truth. This method of painting around the lines, instead of simply painting lines, is an excellent exercise in moving beyond binomials and dualistic thought. It is one of many ways of engaging with the Heilige.
r

Thanks redson and baleyg.
Honestly, baleyg, sometimes I really struggle to understand what your messages mean. While I appreciate the intention, sometimes I just can't grasp any meaning when your words are so elusive.

But I am curious about your references to using bind runes. What does that mean? I know what binding spells are, but what are bind runes? Is it the same concept, or something entirely different.
You mentioned using bind runes on people, using personal items that strengthen the connection to the person in question. I am curious what kind of work you are doing with that and how it is effective in your goals, if you care to expand.

Runes are binding because they are a language, and more so powerful due to a potential personal connection with them you may have.

I tell too much already and I believe it is better some do not understand. The world of binding is fraught with malicious intents, and none would wish you to lose your way.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:24 am

Baleyg wrote:

Runes are binding because they are a language, and more so powerful due to a potential personal connection with them you may have.

I tell too much already and I believe it is better some do not understand. The world of binding is fraught with malicious intents, and none would wish you to lose your way.

Thanks. I am not one to use magic for malicious intent. The worst I've ever done was a sort of reflection. I had a lifelong trail of offenses and abuse done against me by I certain individual who was in my life from an early age. Over time I came to realize she was projecting her own insecurities, taking them out on me. It was wreaking havok in my life, preventing me from having healthy, strong relationships with my father and younger siblings, who were being kept away from me. Basically, what I did was on an intuitive level, using meditation to reflect, or rather deflect all of her own negativity back to her. It was hers and she could keep it and work through it herself, but I no longer wanted it. I forgave her, and we now actually have a good relationship. Doing deliberate harm is not my style. Even when I've been backed against a wall, so to speak, put in a situation where I have to physically defend myself, I do the least damage possible, only enough to make the other person quit what they are doing.

My desire to understand about bind runes is simply a desire for knowledge, not to use. It's something I'd not seen before. Is a bindrune something that can be used for anything, or is it a constricting sort of working? That's what I mean.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:16 pm

I've learned a few things, such as the success typically is only temporary (unless other forces adjust to your bindings) and to resort only to such practices when my body yearns to make the motions. Much like war-paint before a battle bindings are only so powerful and results may vary greatly.

I dont mean to seem so rude and confused. On one hand I would like to teach, but with my other am I compelled to redirect you. I can't begin to say I understand, only that I have practiced and not found a reason to doubt totally, yet. No one specifically taught me what to do, I rarely get the compulsion to experiment (thinking these are the only times it would work) but then again we live in the age where I may have gathered the right ceremony from absorbing media.

It's not about getting people to do what you want, but somehow redirecting energy. Maybe it allows my thoughts to bite, somehow.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:39 am

Baleyg, I can understand your reluctance to teach but please do not rule out the sharing of knowledge with other practioners, I find that the sharing of experiences between individuals can not only impart learning but also reinforce what has been learnt and resolve any doubts one might have.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:27 am

I have never tried using runes or ogham for anything other that divination, or perhaps using just one as a sort of tool to help me focus on my intent, such as during a meditation or in willing good things to happen in my life. Anything more than that, I wouldn't even know how to do.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:47 am

From what I have seen there are bindrunes for useful things such as not getting lost or drowning, even love spells.
To me, someone who has not studied runes, to draw them would be the same as drawing a picture, I have no idea of the runes to use, the order and how to draw them etc.
The first one I mentioned I never put on paper, only a computer screen positioning the runes, yet still I felt a powerful senstion of the combination not being correct, the second, using the same runes in a different combination I put on paper.
I will not be using runes in this way again without knowing more of what I am doing.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:18 pm

It is largely a personal experience and for whatever reason the wanderer has decided we all should learn our own ways. There are no degrees to our faith and as long as we remain honest and open our tribe remains pure. Our father's fathers' father's divined obsessively, as I still do to this day. Using runes, breaking branches, listening to birds - this is all divination.

I struggle to call binding a divination. The work done by binding has always been considered strange and feared for being unusual. I've always been warned not to practice out of danger, but having experimented for a long I wouldn't warn you away and the powers that be would wish you to stretch your limbs, im sure. To me, there is nothing dangerous about binding. After all, most people don't even believe in it or understand it at all (potentially myself for both.) As I fail to make sense of chaos, I begin to unwind a seemingly perfectly harmonious "universe"

I've always been one believing that faith should be tested. Because it is nearly immeasurable, we must find more creative ways to confirm divination and bindings. When valid, we must understand our success. If failed, we must accept the way things are.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:44 pm

Hroda Alwynsson wrote:
Hroda Alwynsson wrote:
Recently I have been making handoards (small hand held boards for body surfers) as an interest and pass time, I have been thinking aout putting something like a rune stave on the underside that would be in contact with the water. The combination I have been considering is a vertical stave with the following runes from top to bottom Teiwaz, Laguz, Thurisaz and Othala.
What are your thoughts as to this being a correct and respectful use of the runes?

I drew these runes in the manner described in my previous post and recieved a powerful sensation of wrongness, in the sense of the way they were combined not being the correct way.
I reflected on this and came up with a combination with Othala at the top with two vertical "legs" extending downwards, on the left leg I drew Teiwaz and Thurisaz together( effectively one superimposed on the other) and on the right leg I drew Laguz, drawing this I felt a strong sensation of rightness.
It was interesting for me, I would appreciate any insights you may have.

I have returned with your answer.

You fear othala represents your death, which will come, but do not fear for it is the cry of your ancestors - let it be your cry as well. It is their death, represented. Who died in misery, in war, in health - to see through the ages to produce them. You do not know their name, because we don't even know ourselves anymore. We are told daily how insignificant we are and it is called science. Feel the blood, however thin, and allow yourself to remember your history. Allow yourself to die a thousand times, allow yourself to know the struggle of the past and how this all could have possibly added up. Our families may be burned but our blood remains. The "legs" represent the tools necessary to pry the world from the waters. I feel these runes in combination suggest this could mean a sort of "cleansing" with a new beginning that would allow you to forge ahead new with tools to create as you will, in a place where your freedom would match a god.

You have made claims to fear the binding of runes. I would invite you to take my instructions for a fairly specific probably pretty messy "fresh" pork dinner, if you are willing to take your personal faith to the next level. Council observing me may have admonishment now, or hopefully more suggestions for you regarding this matter. I feel it would help you greatly, to preform. Nothing more I can say now.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:17 pm

Thankyou Baleyg.

It is no fear I feel but a respect for the power of the runes. As any with any tool one must learn of them and their use to use them wisely and avoid injury or damage. One does not simply pick up a chainsaw and fell a tree without instruction.
Death is something I have faced before and will face again, when it comes may it be spectacular, and if it happens when I am body surfing may Ran and AEgir welcome me to their hall where I hear the mead is of the best quality.
Many are the thorns that are the teeth of my saw used to cut my handboards, when I can cut my own timber to make them then I will use axe, chisel and hammer.
The other tools I will find.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:23 am

Baleyg wrote:
It is largely a personal experience and for whatever reason the wanderer has decided we all should learn our own ways. There are no degrees to our faith and as long as we remain honest and open our tribe remains pure. Our father's fathers' father's divined obsessively, as I still do to this day. Using runes, breaking branches, listening to birds - this is all divination.

I struggle to call binding a divination. The work done by binding has always been considered strange and feared for being unusual. I've always been warned not to practice out of danger, but having experimented for a long I wouldn't warn you away and the powers that be would wish you to stretch your limbs, im sure. To me, there is nothing dangerous about binding. After all, most people don't even believe in it or understand it at all (potentially myself for both.) As I fail to make sense of chaos, I begin to unwind a seemingly perfectly harmonious "universe"

I've always been one believing that faith should be tested. Because it is nearly immeasurable, we must find more creative ways to confirm divination and bindings. When valid, we must understand our success. If failed, we must accept the way things are.

I studied runes for 2 or 3 years before I recently began performing divination and binding. I had the same reservations as you because of all the warnings I received from people. This is a good thread.
One thing that helped me to learn binding was studying ancient bindrunes as well as the bindrunes of the stav tradition.
Thank you for your posts BaleyG. Some times I don't understand and sometimes I do....This is one that I would agree with you on 100%

Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2