View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
bind runes 

I've read some books on the subject, but don't feel "qualified" to do this.
How would I make a bind rune sequence to put on my bow for hunting, offensive/defensive weapons, animal pens, and house?

Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:56 pm

You seek many bindings but to preform one is an exhausting in itself. You don't need qualifications, we are all simple practitioners. For me binding has inferred a specific and often temporary state. It is not something that you would cast out like a net. It is more like a harpoon or more often like a patient fishing pole. Think of it as the wax stamp on your machinations.

Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:25 pm

The reason I am hesitant is because I have read edred Thorssons books and he wrote something about how you can do it wrong and use the negative aspects of the rune. I wouldn't want to make the wrong bind rune.

Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:15 pm

I would recommend starting very simply, with two runes you are extremely familiar and comfortable with that you sense are complementary of each other.

Several runes appear to work well to amplify or focus the power of those around them. Start small and work your way to more powerful bindings - I think many people fail with their runework because they are too ambitious in the beginning. Like most things, it's important to establish a solid foundation before advancing.

Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:26 pm

Alright. I am doing some more expiraments. Thanks to all on this board and elsewhere for the input.

Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:18 pm

If you are hesitant, and do not feel qualified, the runes will act in accordance with your feelings: you will reap what you sow, so to speak.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:59 pm

Someone on this forum mentioned that they and their wife had a bind rune place on the finger under their wedding bands. This is an almost perfect example of binding - and in fact one with more potential to be permanent (at least, for the duration of one's life - however permanent one considers that.) The point I would install to you, it is the carpet of Abraham that has convinced you that there is anything necessarily nefarious, evil, wicked, unapproachable, or otherwise with practicing binding. It is a journey to discover what is real, and what isn't. And to know the difference.

Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:05 pm

Baleyg wrote:
Someone on this forum mentioned that they and their wife had a bind rune place on the finger under their wedding bands. This is an almost perfect example of binding - and in fact one with more potential to be permanent (at least, for the duration of one's life - however permanent one considers that.) The point I would install to you, it is the carpet of Abraham that has convinced you that there is anything necessarily nefarious, evil, wicked, unapproachable, or otherwise with practicing binding. It is a journey to discover what is real, and what isn't. And to know the difference.

Baleyg, a while back I had a very intriguing dream about two runes and their meanings in the context of my dream. They were joined together in a rather interesting way. It was isa shooting up from the middle of algiz, but it was absolutely clear to me where algiz ended and isa began, even though they were connected. The meaning of the two runes together was quite significant. Would this be an example of a bind rune? If so, how then would you work this? Just drawing it wwithit intent, or something else? You said working bindrunes is very exhausting, so I'm guessing there's quite bit more to it than just drawing them.

Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:38 pm

Just a note on that dream of algiz and is a: isa always struck me as a rune of somewhat negative meaning, but in this dreaming, nothing could be further from the truth. Combined, I found these runes to carry an extremely positive and powerful meaning.

Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:40 pm

There is a YouTube video where a Stav practicioner shows 3 of the bind runes in the stav tradition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZU62rKI1cE

I find it very interesting. I have already used my wood burning tool to put them on three different apple branch pendants for myself to study as well as one for a friend to wear.

I wanted to pass along this information so maybe someone else will delve deeper into the runes.

Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:15 am

Baleyg wrote:
You seek many bindings but to preform one is an exhausting in itself. You don't need qualifications, we are all simple practitioners. For me binding has inferred a specific and often temporary state. It is not something that you would cast out like a net. It is more like a harpoon or more often like a patient fishing pole. Think of it as the wax stamp on your machinations.

I have noticed through my studies and practice that the one on here who calls himself "fire eye" does indeed see some things with his eye that others do not.

Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]